LG 1 appropriate transfer suggestions

BuckoBeast

If Chesterfield don't go up, I'd definitely be looking at getting that Tshimanga from them. Natural goalscorer, young with lots of potential. These are the types that go to Peterborough, spend a season or two then get flogged for tens of millions to teams like us! Signing a prolific goalscorer on a free will be rather difficult. If we have any transfer budget, for me, I'd put it all into this guy.

On 25/04/2022 at 01:41, Cam the Ram said:

Well if you're assuming every single player does decide to stay then fantastic, but I'd kind of assumed with my response to this thread that most would use a bit of common sense and understand a fair few wouldn't choose to sign new, lower contracts (despite what Rooney has recently said). I was thinking we'd have done well if we manage to convince 10-12 of the current first team squad to sign new deals on suitable wages for a League 1 team.

Yes, that is the Aden Flint I'm referring to. The same Aden Flint who would 'walk into any Championship side' is currently struggling to walk into 19th position Cardiff's side in recent games and looks like he won't be offered a new deal. Maybe you've seen something I haven't, but I was under the impression his best days were over and he'd likely be dropping to a top end League 1 team or another lower end Championship club. You're right though, unless he was really homesick and fancied returning to Derbyshire we won't have much chance due to his wages, but you never know .... Wycombe managed to get Sam Vokes to drop to League 1 on much lower wages and he was on probably double what Flint is. 

As for Barkhuizen you're probably right, but in League 1 for a club needing a shed load of signings but probably unable to offer transfer fees to clubs, won't nearly every signing we make be a fairly big risk? Most of the proven League 1 players who are free agents will be picked up by the clubs willing to offer big wages (Ipswich, Sunderland etc.). I mean, look at Wigan, they were in a near identical situation to us and they took a gamble on Will Keane, a player who obviously had talent but struggled with injuries so never really got going in the Championship. He's now firing them to the title/automatic promotion.

Honestly mate, if someone suggesting an old centre back on a free from the 19th placed team in the Championship, a decent Championship winger who has had injury problems, a few loans and any rejects from a club with 1 of the lowest budgets in the Championship is cause to 'slam the brakes on,' in a transfer suggestion thread, I really don't know what you were expecting to see when you opened it. ?

Adam Flint is a massive Forest fan so that isnt going to happen

9 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

If Chesterfield don't go up, I'd definitely be looking at getting that Tshimanga from them. Natural goalscorer, young with lots of potential. These are the types that go to Peterborough, spend a season or two then get flogged for tens of millions to teams like us! Signing a prolific goalscorer on a free will be rather difficult. If we have any transfer budget, for me, I'd put it all into this guy.

What fee would he command do we think? As I also think he would he would be a good target.

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Cameron Jerome back for a year.? Passed it at championship level at 35 but scored 13 in 34 in League 1 last season. Same again or 17/18 over a full season. Proper unit who plays his best against dirty s***house defenders. Bit of pace up top with him and away you go. 

The Office No GIF

Kabongo Tshimanga age 24 stats for those interested appearances and goals scored in brackets. He started at MK Dons had seven loans before leaving on a free. He has moved each season since on free transfers. 

2014–2017Milton Keynes Dons6(0)

2015→ Aldershot Town (loan)2(0)

2015→ Chelmsford City (loan)4(0)

2015→ Corby Town (loan)10(5)

2015–2016→ Nuneaton Town (loan)5(1)

2016→ Chesham United (loan)7(0)

2016→ Þróttur (loan)6(0)

2017→ Yeovil Town (loan)0(0)

2017–2018Boston United34(8)

2018–2019Oxford City42(24)

2019–2021Boreham Wood79(38)

2021–Chesterfield27(24) 

49 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Kabongo Tshimanga age 24 stats for those interested appearances and goals scored in brackets. He started at MK Dons had seven loans before leaving on a free. He has moved each season since on free transfers. 

2016→ Þróttur (loan)6(0)

2021–Chesterfield27(24) 

Seems decent at that level. Apparently hes been injured quite a few times tho

1 hour ago, Rambalin said:

2016→ Þróttur (loan)6(0)

2021–Chesterfield27(24) 

It was a sizeable fee to Chesterfield according to the Boreham Wood chairman at the time of the Chesterfield move;

The fee is undisclosed, but it will be a significant one and Hunter expressed his surprise at the deal.

He added: “The fee we had set was a top League One or Championship club but that also shows the ambition of the Chesterfield manager and the faith Chesterfield have in his judgement."

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/boreham-wood-chairman-claims-chesterfield-paid-amazing-fee-for-star-striker-kabongo-tshimanga-3341502

The Derbyshire Times reckon his fee was £250k, also reported in February all the teams in for him now, no surprise Peterborough are eying him up. 

Tshimanga has scored 22 goals in all competitions this season since signing from Boreham Wood last summer for a fee believed to be around £250,000.

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/town-keep-hold-of-tshimanga-despite-interest-3550223

Chesterfield will obviously want to demand a premium on top, so I'd guess we'd be looking at the £750k through to £1m for him. Would we have that money mind? I'd be all for putting all actual budget into him, as I can see him being the next Gayle, Assombalonga, Watkins etc. Last three clubs absolutely prolific, will be able to play different systems. You don't find goalscorers like him for free, other positions we can easily recruit solid players in on the free market.

There may have been a  fee... the website I got the stats off says his move was a free like all his others. 

There was interest from Hearts in January along with a unnamed Prem side. Also Peterboro say they looked at him whilst at Borehamwood but decided not to follow up. 

I'd look at Tom Eaves from Hull, out of contract, big target man - scored 21 goals in his last season with Gillingham in League One and 17 goals in the previous year. Definitely prolific at that level for sure. He'd surely be scoring the chances that big Bart had on Saturday and all the other crosses we have into the box. 

1 hour ago, bimmerman said:

I present thee with.....Jamie bleeding Paterson.....

We don't need another one... Well..I don't need another one...

My missus used to be good friends with Flint's family through work before we moved. Hard as nails they were, but would do absolutely anything for anyone even when he was at Pinxton or Alfreton and they had nothing. I wouldn't worry about his family background. Shaun Barker was a red dog along with all his family, as was Huddlestone. They aren't all bad eggs!

8 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

My missus used to be good friends with Flint's family through work before we moved. Hard as nails they were, but would do absolutely anything for anyone even when he was at Pinxton or Alfreton and they had nothing. I wouldn't worry about his family background. Shaun Barker was a red dog along with all his family, as was Huddlestone. They aren't all bad eggs!

I'll be honest,it was just an excuse to throw young Jamie under the bus (metaphorically... for now)