LG 1 appropriate transfer suggestions

BuckoBeast

1 minute ago, Oldben said:

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-chief-issues-transfer-warning-to-derby-county-sunderland-west-brom-ipswich-town-and-rest-of-efl-3686980

Reading through the lines, you gey what you pay for, to head of the hijacking of offers, you need to pay above the odds for quality players.

Dcfc from next season, will soon learn that free agents and loans, don't get the job done.

Some money will need to be spent to replace players who are leaving.

To many areas where dcfc need to strengthen.

In a League where Sunderland, Ipswich, West brom and Portsmouth are spending a  seasons trying to escape the league and where they've got strong teams having spent money over time building those teams.

Where derby can't expect an easy ride to promotion.

Where dcfcs tactics this season reflected a weakness in the team, but where the formation selected, didn't necessarily lend itself to winning games.

Rotherham are up and down like Zeebeedee on speed.  Hull and Wigan straight back 12-24 months.  Wycombe might be back . All those squads have one thing in common.  There all pants.  Yes it's a tough league but you just need players to suit the conditions like any league. 

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-chief-issues-transfer-warning-to-derby-county-sunderland-west-brom-ipswich-town-and-rest-of-efl-3686980

Reading through the lines, you gey what you pay for, to head of the hijacking of offers, you need to pay above the odds for quality players.

Dcfc from next season, will soon learn that free agents and loans, don't get the job done.

Some money will need to be spent to replace players who are leaving.

To many areas where dcfc need to strengthen.

In a League where Sunderland, Ipswich, West brom

and Portsmouth are spending a  seasons trying to escape the league and where they've got strong teams having spent money over time building those teams.

Where derby can't expect an easy ride to promotion.

Where dcfcs tactics this season reflected a weakness in the team, but where the formation selected, didn't necessarily lend itself to winning games.

That will be a shock to West Brom fans , Ha Ha

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

Any of the released Stoke players would be decent options (wages allowing) if Rooney is looking to add a bit of experience.

Tommy Smith

James Chester

Tom Ince ?

Steven Fletcher

Worth noting Stoke gave Jagielka another 6 month contract 

3 hours ago, Carnero said:

Any of the released Stoke players would be decent options (wages allowing) if Rooney is looking to add a bit of experience.

Tommy Smith

James Chester

Tom Ince ?

Steven Fletcher

I'd definitely take Fletcher as a experienced head up top, might not score a lot but could turn out like Vokes for Wycombe with the drop down doing him wonders. If not, a battling bruiser up top to knock it down to the likes of Malcolm and co to do their magic. Wouldn't really be against any off that list really depending on the wages obviously.

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Yes, scoring a goal is a selfish act.

What I mean is I can remember when craig Forsyth got injuried with his first or 2nd acle I think it was against forest all derby players got stuck it when ince just stood there with hands on his side.

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

What I mean is I can remember when craig Forsyth got injuried with his first or 2nd acle I think it was against forest all derby players got stuck it when ince just stood there with hands on his side.

The derby lads were fighting?

58 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Forest players went over having a go at fozzy and they were not having it.

Totally forgot this? They must have thought he was time wasting?

I only remember the injury at the north stand end where he ended up behind the goal line at the side of the goal. He was out for a long time.

9 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Totally forgot this? They must have thought he was time wasting?

I only remember the injury at the north stand end where he ended up behind the goal line at the side of the goal. He was out for a long time.

That's why I dont want tom ince back at derby.

13 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

That's why I dont want tom ince back at derby.

So despite scoring 38 goals and making 17 assists in 114 games, thus making a 0.5 goal contribution per game, he's not welcome back as he let the bigger boys do the physical fighting for him? He was one of the very few we actually made money on during the Morris years of mad spending. We need all the goals, assists and creativity we can in this team for next season - he's shown he can battle it out when on loan at Reading. If he was willing to come for whatever little we can offer players, I'd definitely take him.

free agent recommendations...

Korey Smith - 31 year old, who plays as a midfielder for Swansea City.

Connor Mahoney - 25 year, who plays as a winger for EFL Championship club Millwall.

Joe Rafferty - a 28 year old left back who plays for Preston North End.

Ciaron Brown - 24 year old, oxford United, who played on loan for Cardiff this season.

Brandon Barker - 25 year old, left sided winger, who plays for reading.

17 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Girl Reaction GIF by MOODMAN