LG 1 appropriate transfer suggestions

BuckoBeast

We also don't know how close we are, to our squad wage limit as has been agreed with the EFL. If we are very close, then maybe we need to keep those wages in reserve, in case we get a long term injury to a player or players in a position with very little cover.

• 2 weeks later...

Plenty of Rotherham's better players have contracts expiring at the end of this season, wouldn't be at all surprised to see Warne target some or most of them should his appointment be confirmed...

Viktor Johansen (GK) age 24

Wes Harding (RB) age 25

Dan Barlaser (MF) age 25

Ben Wiles (MF) age 23

Chiedozie Ogbene (RW) age 25

4 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Plenty of Rotherham's better players have contracts expiring at the end of this season, wouldn't be at all surprised to see Warne target some or most of them should his appointment be confirmed...

Wes Harding (RB) age 25

Dan Barlaser (MF) age 25

Ben Wiles (MF) age 23

We were linked with Barlaser a few years ago. God knows what manager we were under. 

Would take Ogbene for sure. 

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Wes Harding (RB) age 25

Dan Barlaser (MF) age 25

Ben Wiles (MF) age 23

Barlaser is just the kind of midfielder we'd need in the middle alongside Bird. Strong tackler, full of energy and can pass.

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

We were linked with Barlaser a few years ago. God knows what manager we were under. 

Would take Ogbene for sure. 

Pretty sure that was under Lampard, I remember the link... Barlaser was on loan at Accy from Newcastle and played against us for Accy in the FA Cup game that Lampard was manager for.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the only thing that will concern Warne about tonight is that he's seen first hand that we don't really have an awful lot to back up the main playing squad. It's already a long season, ours is going to be more condensed with a couple of games off and possibly more when there's further international games in the season.

If our business plan allows, I wonder if he's looking at bringing in any more players still without a club?

These aren't necessarily suggestions, but players who played in English football last season that still don't have a club. Some familiar names, some that would definitely add some depth where we're lacking.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=GB2&seit=alle&yt0=Show

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=GB1&seit=alle&yt0=Show

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I think the only thing that will concern Warne about tonight is that he's seen first hand that we don't really have an awful lot to back up the main playing squad. It's already a long season, ours is going to be more condensed with a couple of games off and possibly more when there's further international games in the season.

If our business plan allows, I wonder if he's looking at bringing in any more players still without a club?

These aren't necessarily suggestions, but players who played in English football last season that still don't have a club. Some familiar names, some that would definitely add some depth where we're lacking.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=GB2&seit=alle&yt0=Show

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=GB1&seit=alle&yt0=Show

Only issue is for them to get to the standards of fitness Warne needs it will be Jan.

I think getting Anang, Rooney, Smith, McGoldrick & Osula back it improves the overall squad.

Our biggest shortage is RWB

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Only issue is for them to get to the standards of fitness Warne needs it will be Jan.

I think getting Anang, Rooney, Smith, McGoldrick & Osula back it improves the overall squad.

Our biggest shortage is RWB

Can't see us being suddenly allowed to pay for any players in January though. If we're looking at freebies only, then we might as well start now.

23 hours ago, Kernow said:

We don't need centre backs but surprised Cahill. Morrison and Hector are on the list. 

Not really much else that would be worth a punt in my opinion, but agree Warne has already seen the squad is light especially with all the fixtures coming and I think we need to try and keep certain players as fresh as possible.  NML and TB have to put in big shifts so need to be managed. 

Warne has already recognised we need players aged between 23-29 so could he get a tune out of Izzy Brown.

I am sure they are planning for the January transfer window and whoever comes in hits the ground running.

Regards

Gangway D from the terrace 

GK: Wildsmith, Anang, Loach
Verdict: Can't see us looking for anyone

RCB: Chester, Rooney
CB: Davies, Stearman
LCB: Cashin, Forsyth
Verdict: Could do with a pacier option, but I imagine we'll wait until the summer unless someone picks up a long term injury

RWB: Mendez-Laing, Barkhuizen, Oduroh
LWB: Roberts
Verdict: We need another LWB in January. I'd make it my highest priority, with it being such a key role for the system

RCM: Knight, Sibley
CM: Bird, Smith
LCM: Hourihane, Tommo
Verdict: Difficult to judge what Warne thinks of Sibley and Tommo at the moment. Could potentially see one heading out to get a different type of CM in.

CF: Collins, Osula
CF: McGoldrick, Dobbin
Verdict: Collins, McGoldrick and Dobbin have all put in some good performances this season, but Osula hasn't made his mark yet other than the odd little flash. I wouldn't be surprised if we send him back and get someone else in on loan.

In rank order, priority of signing in January would be: LWB, CF, CM, CB. There aren't too many in the Championship who aren't getting enough game time, but here are a few:

LWB: Stevens (Sheff Utd), Bagan (Cardiff)
CF: Idah (Norwich), Bonne (QPR), Cullen (Swansea), Maguire (Preston), Waghorn (Coventry), Cornick (Luton)
CM: ?
CB: Pearson (Huddersfield)