LG 1 appropriate transfer suggestions

BuckoBeast

4 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Mcgoldrick is old, and has a track record of injuries. He's also slow for a striker, plus his record of goals scored over the last couple of seasons doesn't get him any where near 15 goals a season.

So no comment on the 15+ goals a season striker we signed?

I'm well aware of McGoldrick's age and injury record, but I wouldn't say he was slow. He's a very clever player and thinks quicker than pretty much every player in the division. 3 direct goal contributions in just 274 minutes in the league.

McGoldrick's injury record is also why it's important to get an older CF in in January, which we most certainly will in the form of a loan.

11 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Mcgoldrick is old, and has a track record of injuries. He's also slow for a striker, plus his record of goals scored over the last couple of seasons doesn't get him any where near 15 goals a season.

His pace is irrelevant - his football brain is above average - he scores and helps link the forwards. 

8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We can also sign players on loan. Bonne (QPR), Cullen (Swansea), Maguire (Preston), Waghorn (Coventry) and Cornick (Luton) have all had limited game time this season, and could be options.

In the summer you said we need a 15 plus goals a season striker... and we signed one. Collins has 4 in 11 games this season, equivalent to 16 over a season. 
McGoldrick has 1 in 276 mins, equivalent to 15 in a full season (we'l be fortunate if he plays at least 50% of the minutes)
Hourihane has 3 in 11 games, equivalent to 12/13 in a full season.

Just checked, I think you can only sign emergency loans outside the transfer window as I thought.  Have you checked ? Maybe put up some photos of gk that you think we could sign on an emergency loan ??

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Are you being silly on purpose ? We signed all those on loan when the transfer window was open. So we can sign loan players while the window is closed, that’s the case is it?

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Just checked, I think you can only sign emergency loans outside the transfer window as I thought.  Have you checked ? Maybe put up some photos of gk that you think we could sign on an emergency loan ??

Maybe I misunderstood, but I was thinking about January, rather than now.

I think that pw is going to want to strengthen the team, he was not happy with yesterday's performance against Accrington Stanley. 

Yes we won but we might have lost had both penalties scored.

Pw after the game, said "It was crazy, but the frustration for me was that it wasn't great play, it was our own errors. That's what irritated me. I was biting my fist. I was thinking oh my God, I am going to lose it here."

"We give the ball away in the middle of the park which is an absolute no-no for me. We play straight passes when there is a ball in behind for two willing strikers. They are the things we need to be better at. We created our own problems really but a 3-0 win, a brilliant away following. The one-minute walk-off at the end is the best minute of your week."

Even with Conor Hourihane, missing from the line up. Its possible to see that pw wants to strengthen the team with players of his own choosing.

We are short of several players and we are not playing great football yet.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Big Bad Bob said:

Bumpety bump.

Jack Sparks - left back for Exeter. He was brilliant against us when we played them. Had Mendez Lang in his back pocket all game. He's 22, very quick and out of contract in June.

It’s impossible to judge based on just one game. Maybe he played out of his skin that day or NML had an off day. I really don’t remember that much about the game.