Excited

BatRam

Anyone Excited for the potential rebuild? ( aslong as the take over goes through!) 

Rooneys had to do his best with what hes got so im intrigued to find out how hes going to build the team for next season.

For example what kind of striker do you think hes looking for ? Target man? Poacher? 

If we can keep our current starting 11 and add to it i think we're gonna be alright! 

Like he said he has worked here with his arms and legs tied behind his back..so basically he has never been able to manage the way he would want to. Even players he brought in that were taking us to a miraculous survival were taken away to ensure our demise. 

I'm very excited about what he might do when he has the freedom to actually manage his squad.

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Bring Chris Martin home.

Have to say I'll be disappointed if we bring any players 'home' other than Jags or Shinnie (who would have both still been with us this year if circumstances had been different)

We need players hungry to prove themselves - I'd much ratther Wazza went out there and found the right sort of players, rather than offer some ex-players a chance to begin their retirement....

I think we're heading more or less for a return of the Nigel Clough austerity football years (EFL business plan), but with a lot less toxicity, more rational expectations, doing it in league 1 and remembering that when a proper team does get built it can be as joyful as that first McLaren season.

Hopefully the rebuilding won't be as painfully slow as it was under Nigel.

8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think we're heading more or less for a return of the Nigel Clough austerity football years (EFL business plan), but with a lot less toxicity, more rational expectations, doing it in league 1 and remembering that when a proper team does get built it can be as joyful as that first McLaren season.

Hopefully the rebuilding won't be as painfully slow as it was under Nigel.

How long will that last though? Football fans are very fickle.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

How long will that lost though? Football fans are very fickle.

First backwards safety pass when a counter attack is on next season?

First loss after winning 2 back to back?

I think we're hardened and resolute now. I think we'll give it until we sub on a defender when we're drawing away from home against a side who aren't better than us.

Positives for me ..just look at the teams doing well in League 1..the Rotherhams, Wigans, MK Dons...if Rooney gets to rebuild I really cannot see us struggling in a league where these clubs are setting the standard. We are not a relegation candidate team to start with so I'm hopeful that the future is bright.

And if it isn't well at least we will have a club..

47 minutes ago, TomSaint said:

Anyone Excited for the potential rebuild? ( aslong as the take over goes through!) 

I am, as you say so long as the club is taken over. This should be the reset we need.

The last few years have been horrible for well documented reasons, this season has been a strange balance of off the field dread paired with on the field heroics which for the most part has galvanised the club and the fans. It will be brilliant if we can somewhat draw a line under the bad stuff and move on in a positive direction. 
What I see that as being (ideally) is the takeover happens by mid to late May; Rooney commits to next season; we extend contracts of some of this squad on appropriate terms for the league we’re in/EFL business plan (should they be willing the likes of Allsop, Davies, Cashin, Buchanan, Byrne, CKR, Ebiowei, Bird - I feel it’s important to have some continuity in the squad/team rather than a complete refresh); then add to that with frees and loans (established and upcoming league one/two talent with the odd academy cast off, all with the right attitude and ability to complement what Rooney wants, and some PL/Champ youths on loan).

Rooney has made it clear that hard work and commitment are important to his team, it would be brilliant if we can carry on with a tight knit bunch of honest pros, keep that relationship with the fans, they win matches on the pitch, we talk football off it ? 

8 minutes ago, Boycie said:

One of each strikers. We have a poacher in Stretton, could Kaz stay as the target man?

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It will be interesting to see who he actually brings in when we are allowed anyone 

Id like to keep Kazim as i think he'd strive in that league as its very physical , stretton hasnt really proved himself 

Just now, TomSaint said:

Id like to keep Kazim as i think he'd strive in that league as its very physical , stretton hasnt really proved himself 

Let’s wait and see what we have at our disposal.

I’m sure all talk of CKR, Plange and Stretton would be silenced if we can use the sale of some players to fund a 20 goal striker.

Yeah I'm excited.  Gutted we're down but was mentally prepared for that as soon as we got those additional 9 points. Rooney's been saying for ages he had 2 lists - one for the Championship and one for League 1.  OK, I'm sure they'll have changed somewhat but, assuming CK gets it all done, when you consider the kudos Rooney has attracted with what he's done with this team, from bringing through youngsters still in pull up pants, to utilising the experience of players practically in incontinence pants, I wouldn't be surprised if there were quality players out there desperate to play under him and be part of our revolution.  What's not to be excited about. 

5 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Yeah I'm excited.  Gutted we're down but was mentally prepared for that as soon as we got those additional 9 points. Rooney's been saying for ages he had 2 lists - one for the Championship and one for League 1.  OK, I'm sure they'll have changed somewhat but, assuming CK gets it all done, when you consider the kudos Rooney has attracted with what he's done with this team, from bringing through youngsters still in pull up pants, to utilising the experience of players practically in incontinence pants, I wouldn't be surprised if there were quality players out there desperate to play under him and be part of our revolution.  What's not to be excited about. 

To be honest , iv felt horrendous during this entire season , worrying if there will be a club to support at the end of it and whatever. But this relegation and potential take over has got me being positive again , excited for the incoming players that Rooney wants for his system but also to see the lads we've already got develop. Im hoping lawrence might stay with us after seeing how much Rooney has looked after him and made him captain. Ravel would prob smash league one if we went down ? 

I’ll be relieved to just be back on a level playing field to be honest. Able to finally move on from the off field mess and focus on building the team Rooney wants - hopefully capable of giving us good football to watch, and win football matches. The level we’re playing at is almost an irrelevance, all we really want as fans is to watch our team play well.

If we can keep the same team as this season then we’ll walk the League, they’ve already shown they’re too good to go down with the points they’ve accumulated on the pitch. That wont happen though, it’s gonna be a big rebuild. Just hope Kirchner has the funds and gets the recruitment set up right. That’s the most important thing. It’s a clean slate really and we need to build a good, balanced, hungry squad.

What worries me is we’ve already lost Plange and Ebosele for nothing and, in less than a month, all the players out of contract can start to sign deals with other clubs 

Need to sign so many up before they start to do just that 

So many U23s who could step up are out of contract as well- Watson, Dixon etc