Excited

BatRam

11 minutes ago, Jram said:

Charlie Austin to lead the line next season ? hasn’t played loads in the championship last couple of seasons, will be 33… might he take a wage cut 

That'd be a great signing. Unfortunately i don't think he'd drop to league one. I'd love cybulski to bulk up abit and become a 6ft 5 target man ?

19 hours ago, TomSaint said:

Anyone Excited for the potential rebuild? ( aslong as the take over goes through!) 

Rooneys had to do his best with what hes got so im intrigued to find out how hes going to build the team for next season.

For example what kind of striker do you think hes looking for ? Target man? Poacher? 

If we can keep our current starting 11 and add to it i think we're gonna be alright! 

This is the crucial bit. We have championship level players at the moment. If we can keep the core of them together then we'll be well placed. If we can't, then we'll be shopping for L1-level players and won't be any better off than Portsmouth, Sunderland, Sheff Weds, Ipswich or anyone else among the bigger teams in that league.

33 minutes ago, Jram said:

Charlie Austin to lead the line next season ? hasn’t played loads in the championship last couple of seasons, will be 33… might he take a wage cut 

I know beggars can't be choosers but there are certain players I wouldn't want anywhere near my club; after how he behaved in the two games against QPR this season he is very high on that list. Even on TalkSport he comes across as a knob. 

11 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

This is the crucial bit. We have championship level players at the moment. If we can keep the core of them together then we'll be well placed. If we can't, then we'll be shopping for L1-level players and won't be any better off than Portsmouth, Sunderland, Sheff Weds, Ipswich or anyone else among the bigger teams in that league.

Exactly. If we can keep all/most of our current crop and add to it , we'll be decent. Look at Sheff wednesday for example. how they kept Bannan i dont know. If lawrence stays he'll be the best player in the league 

12 minutes ago, TomSaint said:

Exactly. If we can keep all/most of our current crop and add to it , we'll be decent. Look at Sheff wednesday for example. how they kept Bannan i dont know. If lawrence stays he'll be the best player in the league 

They kept Bannon by giving him a ridiculous contract that they shouldn’t have ( but we’re allowed) and no one could match it 

I’m excited about

The club’s new owner being in place 

renewing my season ticket (never wanted to part with my cash as much as I do for what is usually a simple transaction I have previously taken for granted)

hearing the date the new season starts 

Knowing when the fixture list is out 

the fixture list being out & putting matches in the diary 

hearing pre season fixture details 

Hearing Curtis has signed a deal keeping him at the club forever, in whatever capacity he wants, as we’ll always owe him & he always delivers what’s asked of him 

18 minutes ago, angieram said:

That would be good. Fed up of always playing Man Utd.

I think we'll end up with some Man utd academy players tbh. And no doubt we'll play em in pre season ? Hopefully Cavani fancies a tour of league one

2 hours ago, Nishfan said:

I’m excited about

The club’s new owner being in place 

renewing my season ticket (never wanted to part with my cash as much as I do for what is usually a simple transaction I have previously taken for granted)

hearing the date the new season starts 

Knowing when the fixture list is out 

the fixture list being out & putting matches in the diary 

hearing pre season fixture details 

Hearing Curtis has signed a deal keeping him at the club forever, in whatever capacity he wants, as we’ll always owe him & he always delivers what’s asked of him 

If lawrence leaves , i hope Davies stays so he can have the armband. A modern day Derby legend. ( Theres few id consider modern derby legends apart from Martin , Bryson )

Hopefully we get back to winning ways next season!

Transfer window is my favorite part of the season tbh , if we keep what we've got and add some additions that rooney wants to fit his style will be brill. As someone said previously it will be like building a squad on Football manager or fifa ?

23 hours ago, TomSaint said:

Anyone Excited for the potential rebuild? ( aslong as the take over goes through!) 

Rooneys had to do his best with what hes got so im intrigued to find out how hes going to build the team for next season.

For example what kind of striker do you think hes looking for ? Target man? Poacher? 

If we can keep our current starting 11 and add to it i think we're gonna be alright! 

Unfortunately, I don’t immediately share your optimism. It is great that there is a preferred bidder, however nothing is done yet and we’re yet to really see what money he has and how much he is willing to invest in the club. Especially when most of it, at least initially, will hopefully go towards paying off debts (well, it needs to avoid further punishment in my opinion).

Like some have said, it’s obviously a positive sign that we might at least have a club to support next year (this goes without saying really). That was my biggest concern this season, not relegation, which was pretty much certain from the time we got the additional 9-point deduction.

Assuming the takeover goes through and we’re still playing at Pride Park (just assume for a second a deal is done to continue playing there), I am excited about next year in the same way I am about every season. No doubt in my mind about renewing my season ticket, and I am looking forward to going to the games with friends and family and supporting my team no matter what league they’re in. However, I think we need to realistic about what next season involves, and the constraints that we still find ourselves in.

The financial constraints below the Championship can’t be underestimated. In terms of money in, we won’t get anywhere near the same amount of TV revenue and our crowds (as loyal as they have been and with no disrespect to those that will choose not to go next year) will decline from this season, that is a fact I’m afraid. I think it’s overly optimistic to think they won’t. Also, even if we had money to spend, the wage cap in League One is very low compared to what we’re used to spending. Also, all of this is moot really when you consider, and I could be wrong here, that we’re under embargo (and so free transfers only) until summer 2023 – so in reality it doesn’t matter how much the new owner wants to spend or who is on the list unless they are free. Finally, I don’t hold out much hope that players like Tom Lawrence, Knight etc. will stay, they currently play international football and will want to stay that way, they are competitors at the end of the day. It’s a short career and I wouldn’t blame them for moving to stay in the top 2 divisions in the country (again, you might disagree but let’s be realistic).

I could be wrong on all fronts, and sorry to dampen anyone’s spirits. But, I think the sooner we set more realistic expectations for next season the better, and the more likely it is we’re unified for longer. Like I say, I’ll still be there next season, however my hopes are for avoiding -15 points, building a solid enough League One side to finish mid-table for the first season and then look to build season(s) after. It’s been rare that a team has been relegated down there and come straight back up, and we should be prepared for it.

2 minutes ago, Paese said:

Unfortunately, I don’t immediately share your optimism. It is great that there is a preferred bidder, however nothing is done yet and we’re yet to really see what money he has and how much he is willing to invest in the club. Especially when most of it, at least initially, will hopefully go towards paying off debts (well, it needs to avoid further punishment in my opinion).

Like some have said, it’s obviously a positive sign that we might at least have a club to support next year (this goes without saying really). That was my biggest concern this season, not relegation, which was pretty much certain from the time we got the additional 9-point deduction.

Assuming the takeover goes through and we’re still playing at Pride Park (just assume for a second a deal is done to continue playing there), I am excited about next year in the same way I am about every season. No doubt in my mind about renewing my season ticket, and I am looking forward to going to the games with friends and family and supporting my team no matter what league they’re in. However, I think we need to realistic about what next season involves, and the constraints that we still find ourselves in.

The financial constraints below the Championship can’t be underestimated. In terms of money in, we won’t get anywhere near the same amount of TV revenue and our crowds (as loyal as they have been and with no disrespect to those that will choose not to go next year) will decline from this season, that is a fact I’m afraid. I think it’s overly optimistic to think they won’t. Also, even if we had money to spend, the wage cap in League One is very low compared to what we’re used to spending. Also, all of this is moot really when you consider, and I could be wrong here, that we’re under embargo (and so free transfers only) until summer 2023 – so in reality it doesn’t matter how much the new owner wants to spend or who is on the list unless they are free. Finally, I don’t hold out much hope that players like Tom Lawrence, Knight etc. will stay, they currently play international football and will want to stay that way, they are competitors at the end of the day. It’s a short career and I wouldn’t blame them for moving to stay in the top 2 divisions in the country (again, you might disagree but let’s be realistic).

I could be wrong on all fronts, and sorry to dampen anyone’s spirits. But, I think the sooner we set more realistic expectations for next season the better, and the more likely it is we’re unified for longer. Like I say, I’ll still be there next season, however my hopes are for avoiding -15 points, building a solid enough League One side to finish mid-table for the first season and then look to build season(s) after. It’s been rare that a team has been relegated down there and come straight back up, and we should be prepared for it.

I completely get that , i understand Lawrence , Beilek and Knight are international players no so they'll prob get prem moves or atleast a team thats just been relegated.

I'm not fussed what happens aslong as we survive. In all honesty i dont know a deal about lower leagues but i do know not to get too excited as sunderland have been stuck down there a while.