QPR vs Derby County matchday thread, Monday 18th April, 3pm

Carl Sagan

How many players are still under contract for next season?

We could have basically a completely new team for next season. Thats going to cost a fair bit if we are going to compete. I worry that some people's perception is that we will come straight back up. My feeling is that we could struggle again.

Sorry for the pessimism but feeling down.

2 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

I don't see it that QPR have relegated us, 21 points did that. Rooney went for it today in those final few minutes, we arguably lost because of it but he had no choice and I 100% back his decision to do it - we needed the win. Could've played safe and taken it another week and deferred the inevitable longer but at least we can move on now. I hope we can find some strikers next year, as much heart as we've had, we've down because of being so toothless.

Not just the points not letting us sign any players even ones out of contract in January was the nail in the coffin 

5 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

I would rather they go down, Reading will be tougher competition in league 1.

I'm not so sure. Peterborough and Barnsley are well run and usually mount a promotion campaign every time they go down. Reading will be in a financial mess and I'd love to greet those plastic nobbers at PP next season.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Which is exactly what I said. Doesn’t change the fact that away from really needs sorting out though for next season.

No you didn't

"you can forget your points deductions, that’s just pathetic really. You don’t stay up like that."

It does need sorting, but we'd be better off if we actually had a squad and not mainly kids.

2 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

mission accomplished for gibsons efl,i'd like to think we can now move forward,but my heart says they have'nt finnished with us yet and we will face more crippling sanctions and budgets next season

I think we may struggle next season. Some big teams and some very competitive teams in L1

we need to be realistic

Edited by StrawHillRam

2 minutes ago, Justa said:

Not just the points not letting us sign any players even ones out of contract in January was the nail in the coffin 

Absolutely. History will say we were relegated today. But in reality it was decided back in January, when they EFL rejected Quantuma's proposal, which meant we had to release Jags, Baldock, sell Shinnie, Jozwiak, and not able to sign the couple of players Rooney wanted.

Feeling really down atm after that, even though I was resigned to relegation a few weeks ago I always had that bit of hope in my mind that we could pull off a great escape. Reality has really sunk in now that we will be a league 1 club next season and possibly for a few years. 

I want to be as optimistic as possible and believe we'll be able to come straight back up but then I've heard that a 15 point deduction is a possibility so that makes it hard to be too optimistic. 

Only solace I can take is at least we still have a club to support and they'll be much better days to come in the future. Will try and forget about Derby for a few days tbh. 

7 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Rubbish, Without the points deduction, even with those 10 game losses on the spin away from home we'd still be miles clear of relegation. 

Mel Morris has relegated us, not Rooney, not the players...Mel!

Worst owner regrettably. Even the 3 amigos didn’t manage to do so much damage. Remember Morris’s assertion that administration was the best option. Clown.

16 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Good effort Derby, made it to last few games with a small chance.

Absolutely this. Amazing effort at home, where I suspect our home crowd as much as tactics has carried us over the line more than anything, simply because it seems to give our youngsters belief and cranks up pressure on the opposition.

Away from home, even ignoring today’s result, which we did need to win, we just can’t get 0-0. The team tries hard every time but we always leak a goal and never score a fluke or pick a right pass, or simply don’t create our own luck.

Brave effort from this threadbare squad, many other teams wouldn’t have made it this far and their heads would long have dropped.

We need that takeover badly now, just so Rooney can rebuild quickly and not lose any more promising youngsters. We need something positive off the pitch for a change.

1 minute ago, Finch said:

Worst owner regrettably. Even the 3 amigos didn’t manage to do so much damage. Remember Morris’s assertion that administration was the best option. Clown.

Best for him maybe.