Derby County vs Fulham matchday thread, Friday 15th April, 8pm

Carl Sagan

11 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

We all know we're down. No one is seriously pretending we'll stay up, people tonight were planning trips to away games they'd never of dreamt they'd be playing at, but we will build from a base of loyal fans, and if Chris Kirchner can complete the takeover and keep Rooney then we will face next season in League 1 (Division 3 to us old buggers), with good heart and optimism.

If we can keep most of our kids, use Rooney's contacts to get a couple of loans or decent old lads like Jags in, then all Wayne needs to do is find a Bobby Davison and there's no reason why history can't repeat itself.

I hope Chris can get the deal over the line ASAP. It is essential we keep the core of this sqaud together. It is a special group !

11 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

We all know we're down. No one is seriously pretending we'll stay up, people tonight were planning trips to away games they'd never of dreamt they'd be playing at, but we will build from a base of loyal fans, and if Chris Kirchner can complete the takeover and keep Rooney then we will face next season in League 1 (Division 3 to us old buggers), with good heart and optimism.

If we can keep most of our kids, use Rooney's contacts to get a couple of loans or decent old lads like Jags in, then all Wayne needs to do is find a Bobby Davison and there's no reason why history can't repeat itself.

Most likely, but have you seen the recent form of our next 3 opponents? Look at the last 5 games for each team and we have more wins in our last 5 than those three have if you add them all together. I'm not giving up till it's mathematically impossible to stay up.

7 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Absolutely, he’s the most technically gifted player in the squad and when used right can have a decent impact.

For me he’s an impact sub in the last 30 if we either want to roll the dice to get a goal, or bring him on to help us retain possess better.

You also need to bring him on in a central attacking area ideally the No: 10 role………..and here’s the rub, you can’t play him and Lawrence in the same side. When we do we often look disjointed and the midfield is unbalanced. Morrison and Lawrence together often replicate each other’s work, it rarely works.

I honestly think we’ve dropped points we could have gained in recent weeks because of this selection issue. 

Maybe next season will suit Morrison better and the team set up, if he stays and Lawrence leaves and he is the main no: 10 

I actually think Ravel plays better with Lawrence in the team. They appear to be in the same wavelength and link up well together. All about opinions I suppose. 

6 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

There's a player that plays for Morecambe...Cole Stockton, 20+ goals for them who are struggling at the bottom of division 3 ?, He's scored some wonder goals this season, Then again other teams will have noticed him ☹️

A weird one for me last night

am sorry to be a killjoy

the win last night was fantastic and of course im bloody delighted for wayne and the lads but its hard in my book to get too excited.

we wont beat the drop and the result largely counts for absolutely nothing.

if the bulk of those players would be with us next season then id be excited, but the reality is that most wont be.

normally id take away its another game under the belts of those young kids that will  be looking to serve us well next year. But unless the admin get their fingers out .. what is it? 4 players signed up ? Until its done i find it too hard to really start to plan ahead and get excited.

its a great win it just feels a bit hollow

probably havent explained it well, but i know what i mean lol 

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

There's a player that plays for Morecambe...Cole Stockton, 20+ goals for them who are struggling at the bottom of division 3 ?, He's scored some wonder goals this season, Then again other teams will have noticed him ☹️

Other teams aren't Derby County ?

PS. no idea if he's any good!

8 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Never trust a highlights reel ?

In all seriousness – he likes a long range loop over the keeper! Purely going off Wiki, looks like his first really good season at 28, but maybe he's a late bloomer? A la Ricky Lambert. 

Be nice just to sign a player on a proper contract. Although can't knock anyone this season and hope we can keep hold of the majority?

Couldnt get there tonight so had to watch on sky. Absolutely loved how they had to totally switch direction on their narrative. Everything they said was so certain it would be promotion party night for Fulham and we hardly got a mention.  Oooh how that changed but even then no real appreciation of what has been happening to our squad and what Wayne has had to put up with. Same on twitter people saying "dont get the Rooney hype, they would only be 17th with the points back" - really shows up fans who are absolute muppets in their premier league bubble. 

special quick mention to Liam Thompson. I was worried they would eat him alive when saw teamsheet but what do I know. Really showed his bottle and skill. Well done

Edited by CBRammette
Only

41 minutes ago, Ramrob said:

Never trust a highlights reel ?

In all seriousness – he likes a long range loop over the keeper! Purely going off Wiki, looks like his first really good season at 28, but maybe he's a late bloomer? A la Ricky Lambert

Be nice just to sign a player on a proper contract. Although can't knock anyone this season and hope we can keep hold of the majority?

Not a great example, Lambert was scoring double figures in every league he was in for over a decade!

19 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Not a great example, Lambert was scoring double figures in every league he was in for over a decade!

Ok ? you’re right not the best example.

My point really was that the highest points of his career came in his late twenties/early thirties. So this guy might do the same. Or he could be a one season wonder.

Nice just to talk about players rather than bloody admin! ?

Edited by Ramrob