Derby County vs Fulham matchday thread, Friday 15th April, 8pm

Carl Sagan

It was another wonderful night to be a Rams fan. The lads put it all on the line, as they have done time and time again this season and for once, roared on by the equally staunch Pride Park faithful, they got their just deserts. Whatever lies ahead for the club, this was a signature game for our season.

Relegation, should that be our fate, scarcely seems relevant anymore. To see a club ravaged all six ways from Sunday over a period of years show the heart that our team, coaches and fans did yesterday is truly something to behold. 

COYR

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Has anyone watched Sky Sports EFL Hits highlights? 

Showed every single one of Fulham's attacks, none of ours.

Didn't even bother showing our equaliser. At all. Edited it out. Just showed the winner. Made it look completely like one way traffic the other way.

What a shower of poo they are.

They showed all 21 of Fulham’s attempts ? Crikey, how long did that take ?

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Didn't even bother showing our equaliser. At all. Edited it out. Just showed the winner. Made it look completely like one way traffic the other way.

Derby’s equaliser was a real class goal from start to finish. All three players involved maybe wouldn’t have been in my starting line up.. Thompson Buchanan and plange. That’s why Rooney is manager and I am not.

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Derby’s equaliser was a real class goal from start to finish. All three players involved maybe wouldn’t have been in my starting line up.. Thompson Buchanan and plange. That’s why Rooney is manager and I am not.

I love those type of team goals. For me one of our goals of the season ?

3 hours ago, jono said:

You’re right, but what this team is doing is making more stand up, more sing and shout. Slowly but surely small islands of the more vociferous are abandoning their backsides - It’s growing. The east stand Allez was getting heard from its own speaker. I’m loving it. Got to keep it going. 
There are key moments when the crown really lift the team - After Fulham scored,  we formed up while they celebrated. The stunned silence last only seconds then the sound rolled out from all the stands. I just knew it gave the lads some steel, saw them see and hear us then roll up their sleeves. COYR. I’d just love it if we can still be in it for the last home game. 

This was meant to be a “like” but I ended up trapped in edit world, unable to get out!

Edited by DavesaRam

14 hours ago, angieram said:

I've been saying it for years on here, the BBC, ITV, Sky Sports, the gutter press, all the same, if your not one of the 'big clubs' or one of them fashionable London clubs they want in their own elite Premier League, with their cheating corrupt football clubs, yeah the shower of poo that wanted to join the super league etc, then they will show it and speak about it, how they like it, in their own arrogant deluded, blinkered, bias way, with their 'loads of money' 'duck everyone else' because they have a global branded worldwide super football club to support.

Same teams playing against each other. League Cup Liverpool v Chelsea, FA Cup Liverpool v Chelsea...........and the stupid, ignorant, greedy fans of these global clubs think everyone in football wants to see these same teams in the finals!........The murderers of football!............boring.boring, repeat repeat and wash!

Sky Sports also told us all on Friday night that CK supports ducking Chelsea!.........ducking Chelsea!

The best thing about this weekend was when my eldest lad (a Liverpool fan) replied to my question on the train to Watford, we were holidaying in London for a few days, unfortunately Scotland go back to school on Easter Monday so we couldn't go to Q.P.R on Monday so we opted for Watford v Brentford on Saturday (Adults £30 Kids £5) and I offered to him, that we got off the train at Wembley instead, on route to try and get in the FA Cup Semi Final Liverpool v Man City if he wanted too.

He replied that the Watford game would be more interesting, and he now also preferred watching Derby County instead of Liverpool, because winning every week was boring, and you never knew or could predict what would happen, when watching Derby, and that was more exciting and the atmosphere was greater!. We also had a wonderful afternoon at Watford being neutral and enjoying a game of football and my lad made me a proud dad, as he gets football, like I get football.

Unfortunately I spent this afternoon with my eldest brother a Chelsea fan, watching the second half of the FA Cup Semi Final on the TV back in Aberdeen, as he spouted a !oad of biased nonesence, whilst my youngest brother a Wolves fan pointed out, that whatever his team achieved in the Premier League, they do well to get a few minutes highlights at the back end of Match of The Day, unless of course, they are lucky enough to be playing the 'big teams' etc etc..............

My lad likes the Derby County blue away strip........from a Red to a Blue!

Up The Rams........proper football club!

PS Quest like us, because the producer is a Derby County fan, and Colin likes us, because....................money talks!

On 16/04/2022 at 09:48, GlastoEls said:

No. 

Imagine a normal relegation - the fans would be irritated, the players shells of themselves, the club in doldrums.

Last night was about - Pride.  

In the manager, who was the only one there for us in our darkest hours, in the squad, who didn’t give up and are fighting until the end.  In the fans, who are unified like rarely before .. and just maybe, in a new owner who saw what he might be buying!

Meh … dead squib for me

ill always be proud that im a derby fan… i dont need it validating by a home win. 

Im always looking at the next step and bigger picture, My take away from that game is that Malcolm had a stormer and IF he, cashin and allsop re sign who played well too then thats some hope for next year.

if all of that side were staying (festy, knight, plange) with us then brilliant, id be bouncing and eagerly anticipating next season and seeing our kids develop still further but theyre not and wont be.

so for me that result other than the initial buzz really doesnt count for anything once the dust has settled  

the fight theyve shown is as u say heart warming but football fans are fickle sods and a couple of ropey results against morcombe or whoever and that pride will be forgotton so its all a bit in the moment 

Edited by NottsRam77

18 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Meh … dead squib for me

ill always be proud that im a derby fan… i dont need it validating by a home win. 

Im always looking at the next step and bigger picture, My take away from that game is that Malcolm had a stormer and IF he, cashin and allsop re sign who played well too then thats some hope for next year.

if all of that side were staying (festy, knight, plange) with us then brilliant, id be bouncing and eagerly anticipating next season and seeing our kids develop still further but theyre not and wont be.

so for me that result other than the initial buzz really doesnt count for anything once the dust has settled  

the fight theyve shown is as u say heart warming but football fans are fickle sods and a couple of ropey results against morcombe or whoever and that pride will be forgotton so its all a bit in the moment 

Shame you cant enjoy the moment more. Probably the last live match I will watch with my dad so to me that pride from Friday will never be forgotten

23 hours ago, Kathcairns said:

Agree, but i think we edged it and deserved the win, but didnt look like that on highlights. We dont have sky sports, wont be getting it in the future either.

Fulham were robbed...robbed I tell ya, Had 21 shots, Scored 1 goal, Had the most possession, The better players, Their forward in Mitrovic has scored 38 goals, Are the best team in the Championship as they are top, They are based in a Fashionable part of London, A Billionaire owner, Had a new stand built on the banks of the Thames.

Who were beaten by a provincial team, Who are skint, In Administration, Play with a team full of kids and old men, Had 21 points deducted, Who after 42 games were still breathing and on life support. Have a novice manager who at times paid for transport to away games, Have an organisation in the EFL who made life as hard as they possibly could this season...and yet we had the temerity to beat them 2-1/

Who gives a flying duck what others think about us, Sky the Mother duckers will be losing my custom very shortly, Who have pundits telling us what we have just witnessed, Then go on to show us thick duckers with the tech they have on how some god damn ducking millionaire managed to put a ball into the net, Something that has been done for over 150 years, And yet they feel we need to be shown, Sky...DUCK OFF!

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Shame you cant enjoy the moment more. Probably the last live match I will watch with my dad so to me that pride from Friday will never be forgotten

Having heard you talk about your dad's struggles, I really feel for you. However, I'm really glad you had such a great game to share together.

Just now, IslandExile said:

Having heard you talk about your dad's struggles, I really feel for you. However, I'm really glad you had such a great game to share together.

Yes it was great. He nodded off for about 20 minutes when they were really on top so thought we were amazing. And now he has indoctrinated me and my boys in supporting this chaotic dreadful  wonderful club!

7 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Fulham were robbed...robbed I tell ya, Had 21 shots, Scored 1 goal, Had the most possession, The better players, Their forward in Mitrovic has scored 38 goals, Are the best team in the Championship as they are top, They are based in a Fashionable part of London, A Billionaire owner, Had a new stand built on the banks of the Thames.

Who were beaten by a provincial team, Who are skint, In Administration, Play with a team full of kids and old men, Had 21 points deducted, Who after 42 games were still breathing and on life support. Have a novice manager who at times paid for transport to away games, Have an organisation in the EFL who made life as hard as they possibly could this season...and yet we had the temerity to beat them 2-1/

Who gives a flying duck what others think about us, Sky the Mother duckers will be losing my custom very shortly, Who have pundits telling us what we have just witnessed, Then go on to show us thick duckers with the tech they have on how some god damn ducking millionaire managed to put a ball into the net, Something that has been done for over 150 years, And yet they feel we need to be shown, Sky...DUCK OFF!

They are also arrogantly trying to build a huge pier that will totally disrupt the use of that part of the Thames for many others. So entitled. https://www.change.org/p/save-our-sports-on-the-river-thames-stop-the-pier

Football is precisely all about the moment for me. You'd think most, if not all Derby fans right now would be taking their small mercies where they find them. I am, so I'll bask a little longer as there'll likely be tougher days ahead. Good memories are what get us through the bad times, after all.

COYR

4 hours ago, CBRammette said:

That sort of thing should always be cherished x 

i didnt know at the time, but the home draw with norwich a few years ago was the last live game i watched with my late dad. Wont ever forget it. 

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Football is precisely all about the moment for me. You'd think most, if not all Derby fans right now would be taking their small mercies where they find them. I am, so I'll bask a little longer as there'll likely be tougher days ahead. Good memories are what get us through the bad times, after all.

COYR

Ignore me im just trying to be philosophical about it all.

As i said was a great great win, and another in the line of some special performances against all the odds at pp.

it just seems to hit me quite quickly that its all in vein and we dont even get the joy of saying “ cant wait to see what the likes of our academy lads like festy, plange and knighty can do next year because they wont be with us

Just creates a sad tindge to it all