Derby County vs Fulham matchday thread, Friday 15th April, 8pm

Carl Sagan

3 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

No idea why we're persisting with Plange up front! 3 goals in 22 appearances for someone who's supposed to be a centre-forward is awful... and he's not even our player next season, so might as well give someone else a go! Other than that, no complaints.

?

I love this club. This season has got the fire going again. Regardless of if we stay up I will absolutely revel in it when the time comes for us to rub it in to all the Bamfords that were complicit in us ending up where we are. That time will come.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Good to see Byrne is still marking mitrovitch. Could not make it up 

It's obviously a deliberate tactic to put our smallest, least physical defender up against the biggest headed-goal threat in the league. I'd be fascinated to hear the thinking behind it. We've put Byrne on the opposition danger men before. Modern coaching is often baffling.

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I love this club. This season has got the fire going again. Regardless of if we stay up I will absolutely revel in it when the time comes for us to rub it in to all the Bamfords that were complicit in us ending up where we are. That time will come.

The club is alive and kicking whatever division we are in next season

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's obviously a deliberate tactic to put our smallest, least physical defender up against the biggest headed-goal threat in the league. I'd be fascinated to hear the thinking behind it. We've put Byrne on the opposition danger men before. Modern coaching is often baffling.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. What a game, what performances. That was a wonderful game of football. They edged us on the pass and move, I had jangling nerves every time they had a corner .. those quality balls in  just forward of the 6 yard box at the right height and willing attackers ready to pounce to well practiced drills. But Cashin and Curtis like Bulwarks, “thou shall not pass” Ebioe running their full back ragged in the first half. Such balance and control. Did you see that arrogant take down in the second half ? What a touch he has. Tommo a micro battering ram with twinkling toes. Byrne running and running and .. marking Mitrovic ?. Mr sweet face Serbian prince turned rapidly in to grumpy, petulant old nanny goat by the mighty Rams. Tom Lawrence bursting with energy and intent. Seeing Plange’s confidence soar as the second half progressed and watching Buchanan get stronger and taller as the minutes passed. Knighty burning nuclear energy on every inch of the pitch. The one who made it for me was Eiran Cashin. Positioning, strength, key headers, blocks, tackles, calm under pressure, never reckless,  tidy always. He’s 20 ? And he’s a god of a Centre Back already.

que sera sera but I am so proud of this team as was everyone else. You can feel the bond between fans and players in a way that I have never seen in 50 odd years of watching football.

Get this deal done .. I need to renew my season ticket ????

20 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Two words.

Three

Points.

I LOVE this team. We are likely going down but by god we are only going down after kicking and screaming. The passion was immense today, putting their bodies on the line, running until their bodies were giving up and being spurred on by a ferocious 20,000 derby fans that sounded like twice their number. I love this club and this team. COYR

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I LOVE this team. We are likely going down but by god we are only going down after kicking and screaming. The passion was immense today, putting their bodies on the line, running until their bodies were giving up and being spurred on by a ferocious 20,000 derby fans that sounded like twice their number. I love this club and this team. COYR

Exactly right. Amazing team and amazing fans.