Everton in FFP trouble

Shipley Ram

16 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

Who they gonna call.... HANS SEGERS. Anyone watching football in 1997 will remember that Everton- Wimbledon  must win game.  Should have been relegated then.

I know Everton are one of the few clubs who rival Derby for being run in the most inefficient and incompetent way possible, but I find it amazing any PL club, with the swathes of money in that league, can be close to being in breach of FFP rules.

They could be properly ducked if the Russia issues continue for a long time.

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

Frank’s cured by our Gypsys.

Maybe he's taken the curse with him and we'll never lose in the playoffs again

35 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

From what I've seen on Twitter, there's a lot of complacency around. People suggesting the Premier League won't take Everton to task.

They clearly haven't been watching the EFL. If the Premier League follows their lead, some big clubs are in for a rude awakening.

Have the Prem ever punished anyone for breaching ffp?

They wont even cooperate with the EFL to punish teams that breach EFL rules and then get promoted. In the past they've been very reluctant to give points deductions, because they dont want to ruin the competition or something along those lines. I'd expect a meaningless fine if Everton are found guilty.

3 hours ago, nottingram said:

I know Everton are one of the few clubs who rival Derby for being run in the most inefficient and incompetent way possible, but I find it amazing any PL club, with the swathes of money in that league, can be close to being in breach of FFP rules.

They could be properly ducked if the Russia issues continue for a long time.

3 hours ago, GenBr said:

Maybe he's taken the curse with him and we'll never lose in the playoffs again

Have the Prem ever punished anyone for breaching ffp?

They wont even cooperate with the EFL to punish teams that breach EFL rules and then get promoted. In the past they've been very reluctant to give points deductions, because they dont want to ruin the competition or something along those lines. I'd expect a meaningless fine if Everton are found guilty.

"Duck the PL" hasn't quite got the same ring to it, has it??