Matchday Thread v CARDIFF CITY (AWAY)

Mucker1884

It’s been a really tough seven days with three agonising results. But I’d be disappointed if we threw the towel in now.

Yes, we are running out of games and yes, it will take something extra special especially if Reading find a positive result or two from somewhere.

But we have to believe, until the very end.

The Barnsley game holds the key - a win and the return of Lawrence could breathe new life into the season.

I don’t like to talk about must win games but to be honest, that’s what every game at PP is now. The away form is a huge concern. Isn’t that five defeats on the spin since Reading away?

We have to find some inspiration from somewhere. Time for Wayne and Liam to see what they can conjure up.

One last push!

I didn’t think the players looked like they believed in themselves tonight.

Everyone is playing the safe percentage pass and hoping someone else will create the spark.

The running off the ball is woeful.

Cashin, Byrne and Morrison did okay but the rest were very average.

Cardiff were there for the taking. We were eunuchs in the harem.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Wayne disappointed me massively with his comments. We were poor all night, the arguable decision didn't cost us. 

It cost us a point as much as our lack of cutting edge, but the latter is the reason we’ve lost the last three games. And it’s hardly surprising given 2.5 years of embargoes has meant we can’t sort the problem.

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I thought knight  was poor today and morrison had a good game. but we have no cutting edge, that is very obvious and very painful after three narrow defeats where we should have got something from all three games really if we had any strikers at all.  But I don't think I can remember such poor reffing for the Cardiff goal since attwell against forest .

The beauty of football is we all see it differently. 

I can agree with your first sentence, I too thought Morrison had a good game, and Knight has had better. 

However, Jason just doesn't stop, and had he still been on the field I think he'd have been defending that flank rather than Malcolm, and would have made a better job of it. 

I have to disagree with the last sentence, I'd didn't think it was a foul on Ebosele, and Davies was as guilty of holding as their player as their player was.

Just now, BramcoteRam84 said:

It cost us a point as much as our lack of cutting edge, but the latter is the reason we’ve lost the last three games. And it’s hardly surprising given 2.5 years of embargoes has meant we can’t sort the problem.

I don't blame Wayne for us being a weak side up front, he has the tools he has, not his fault. But the comments about the ref are in poor taste, in my view. 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We haven't had worse decisions than other teams. Every team gets loads of poo decisions, the refs in this league are bad. We nicked a point from Birmingham with an offside Bielik with his foot dangerously high. I don't think it's a disgrace, nor do I feel hard done by. 

We all see it differently. I see a pattern that has evolved over the season. Doesn't matter really, theres nowt we can do about it.

17 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

We paid 6 million for a player who was far and away the guy at the club with the least technical ability. And he called us Derby City. Total waste of space. Nothing to contribute on and off the pitch and surely disliked by the vast majority of fans for being the personification of the beginning of the decline. 

Hardly his fault we decided to pay that price. 

and to be fair he wasn't that bad.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Wayne disappointed me massively with his comments. We were poor all night, the arguable decision didn't cost us. 

Even if you disagree with him, do you not think he’s trying to deflect from those young players who are struggling but he’s been given no option but to play? 

Also think of all the crap he’s had to endure this season, where he’s taken it all on the chin. He sounded dejected and frustrated and he’s done well to not walk away and take it all out of his hands. 

It’s very easy to criticise Rooney, Lawrence, Davies etc when it all goes wrong but they’ve put more on their shoulders this season than anyone and battled week in week out, it’s fallen apart the last few weeks but it would be a miracle to do what they were doing for the whole season.

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Even if you disagree with him, do you not think he’s trying to deflect from those young players who are struggling but he’s been given no option but to play? 

Also think of all the crap he’s had to endure this season, where he’s taken it all on the chin. He sounded dejected and frustrated and he’s done well to not walk away and take it all out of his hands. 

It’s very easy to criticise Rooney, Lawrence, Davies etc when it all goes wrong but they’ve put more on their shoulders this season than anyone and battled week in week out, it’s fallen apart the last few weeks but it would be a miracle to do what they were doing for the whole season.

Again, I'm not blaming him for performances. Nor have I blamed the players, we have what we have. We've a limited squad due to circumstance. It is fine for us to slump, understandable and expected. Blaming the ref is a bit embarrassing. 

Edited by Andicis

11 games, probably need to win at least half of those if not more. Even 5 wins and 6 draws would mean 41 points. Reading would have to take about 1 point per game for the final 11 to make it happen. It's more like 6 or 7 wins we need

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I don't blame Wayne for us being a weak side up front, he has the tools he has, not his fault. But the comments about the ref are in poor taste, in my view. 

Think it’s the frustration boiling over to be honest. Hard when you feel like you’re fighting the world and not getting any help.

We’re owed some decisions definitely and we need luck and lots of it in the last 11 games to have any chance.

We keep believing! ?

Just now, Andicis said:

Again, I'm not blaming him for performances. Nor have I blamed the players, we have what we are. We've a limited squad due to circumstance. It is fine for us to slump, understandable and expected. Blaming the ref is a bit embarrassing. 

As I say mate, even if you don’t agree it’s an attempt to deflect from his squad at the very least. He can take the criticisms that his young side can’t at the minute.