v Peterborough (H) Match Thread

Day

44 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Can we not swap Fozzy and Lee around ? Want to see F at CB until Stearman is back 

I wasn’t at the game on Saturday. How did Lee do at CB? Looking at the few ratings so far submitted, it looks like he did “OK” and I thought he was very good against Hull. Maybe we need the added height from Fozzy but Lee has a very good leap on him.

19 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I wasn’t at the game on Saturday. How did Lee do at CB? Looking at the few ratings so far submitted, it looks like he did “OK” and I thought he was very good against Hull. Maybe we need the added height from Fozzy but Lee has a very good leap on him.

Fozzy is a poor FB nowadays, never been a CB except in a three. Much rather see Festy there and take our chance.

Edited by RoyMac5

Allsop

Byrne   Davies   Buchanan   Forsyth

Bird   Bielik   Knight

Festy   Sibley    Lawrence

Just think Sibley should be given a start and let Plange come on fresh for 30 minutes at the end. Luke has been used as the ‘willing runner’ without much opportunity to strike.

On 13/02/2022 at 14:07, Anag Ram said:

Allsop

Byrne   Davies   Buchanan   Forsyth

Bird   Bielik   Knight

Festy   Sibley    Lawrence

Just think Sibley should be given a start and let Plange come on fresh for 30 minutes at the end. Luke has been used as the ‘willing runner’ without much opportunity to strike.

Don’t think Sibley is a lone striker ?

On 13/02/2022 at 09:09, Chester40 said:

As a management team targeting points...this fixture is circled with a thick red marker pen and has a big 3 written next to it.

But sometimes (see the Stearman sending off) things can conspire against you.

I'm currently feeling we have about 30-40% chance of survival. Win this and Reading get max of 1 point in their 2 games then I'm edging up over 40%. If Reading have got 3 points then I'm at the same level.

If Reading have 6 points and/or we have only 1 point then I'm starting to fret and dropping below 30%.

If we lose, perform badly then I'm dropping down to 20%.

So...I know some fans are sticking to PPG thinking which works - and if we get none then we need to go to Fulham and win.

But it depends on how we perform and how other results go as much as anything. A draw in midweek, then Reading lose and we smash Peterborough...its been a great week.

2 Reading wins and we lose Sat and we are edging very close to the trapdoor.

A draw in midweek, an unlucky drawfor us on Sat, coupled with a Reading defeat and I'm still hopeful..

Can you go through that again for me?

The rest of Feb is a big month for us and the teams around us. Some big matches and good opportunities for us to close the gap on Peterborough and Reading if we can get a few wins under our belts. Forget the Boro game and get back to the performance against Hull and we have a great chance!

The fact that we are even in contention at this point is a great achievement but now we are so close, I hope we can take that momentum forward and scare the shizzle out of our rivals!

On 13/02/2022 at 09:09, Chester40 said:

As a management team targeting points...this fixture is circled with a thick red marker pen and has a big 3 written next to it.

But sometimes (see the Stearman sending off) things can conspire against you.

I'm currently feeling we have about 30-40% chance of survival. Win this and Reading get max of 1 point in their 2 games then I'm edging up over 40%. If Reading have got 3 points then I'm at the same level.

If Reading have 6 points and/or we have only 1 point then I'm starting to fret and dropping below 30%.

If we lose, perform badly then I'm dropping down to 20%.

So...I know some fans are sticking to PPG thinking which works - and if we get none then we need to go to Fulham and win.

But it depends on how we perform and how other results go as much as anything. A draw in midweek, then Reading lose and we smash Peterborough...its been a great week.

2 Reading wins and we lose Sat and we are edging very close to the trapdoor.

A draw in midweek, an unlucky drawfor us on Sat, coupled with a Reading defeat and I'm still hopeful..

Eh?