v Peterborough (H) Match Thread

Day

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Looking at getting the 11:27 via Stoke (the Crewe one), but there’s loads around that time so could go via Sheffield if needed.

Looking at the Network Rail weather forecast for Saturday it’s better for tomorrow light rain in the morning max winds 40-50 mph.

Most problems tomorrow will be caused by problems today so best to check with National Rail Enquiries and your Train Operating Company tonight and in the morning. 

I normally go one further and use Real Time Trains and check earlier trains on my planned route on the day I travel.
For example today direct to Stoke 5 minutes delay and you know the route has no diversions. You could do the same for Derby via Sheffield, Crewe, Stoke which ever route you are travelling.

image.thumb.png.d20151bb69f39bff630828dd34f1a3fd.png

Edited by cstand

16 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

May still be 40- 50 mph winds tomorrow.  Wonder if it will be on and if so whether another coffee cup incident may settle it .  Wind and rain will be a big leveller .  I'm not sure it will be much fun watching us play around the back in those winds, its terrifying enough normally.

Winds in Derby around 14mph tomorrow according to BBC weather.

22 minutes ago, cstand said:

Looking at the Network Rail weather forecast for Saturday it’s better for tomorrow light rain in the morning max winds 40-50 mph.

Most problems tomorrow will be caused by problems today so best to check with National Rail Enquiries and your Train Operating Company tonight and in the morning. 

I normally go one further and use Real Time Trains and check earlier trains on my planned route on the day I travel.
For example today direct to Stoke 5 minutes delay and you know the route has no diversions. You could do the same for Derby via Sheffield, Crewe, Stoke which ever route you are travelling.

image.thumb.png.d20151bb69f39bff630828dd34f1a3fd.png

Cheers. Should hopefully be okay.

2 hours ago, Ramifications said:

Interesting, as our left side was the weaker against 'Boro, we will definitely have to improve. 

When I read your comment, I thought, Festy is better on the right and it's fair to say his defensive play isn't his strongest point but actually it's a good call because him attacking on the left will keep them on their toes. They will be too busy defending to mount attacks. 

Rooney said his tactical decision to leave Lawrence higher up the pitch was wrong in hindsight, which imo explains why the left was too exposed, Lawrence does a lot of good work tracking back, naturally drifting to the left side, also Thompson being there probably didn't help, he's looked off the pace for a couple of games and being asked to do a different role didn't work.

23 minutes ago, Jortat said:

If the match was called off for any reason such as power failure or snow, how early do they call the games off ?

I’m leaving at 9am for my drive up so I can do without a long journey for no reason.

Without wishing to be an arse… that’s a pretty unfair question, and impossible to answer!
if there’s a power failure at 11am, I suspect there’s little chance of the game being postponed before you set off!  ?

As I’m not an arse, I do wish you luck though! ? ??

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Without wishing to be an arse… that’s a pretty unfair question, and impossible to answer!
if there’s a power failure at 11am, I suspect there’s little chance of the game being postponed before you set off!  ?

As I’m not an arse, I do wish you luck though! ? ??

Reading my post back it was a stupid question.

Its really blowing in Suffolk and I know the journey will be tricky tomorrow, but hopefully the wind will drop tomorrow and I will be sinking my first cider by mid day ?

COYR ??

5 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Looking at getting the 11:27 via Stoke (the Crewe one), but there’s loads around that time so could go via Sheffield if needed.

Was a few delays on the Crewe to Derby route today but all were running. Most just a few minutes with a couple of half hour delays thrown in around peak wind time late morning.

Barring some major damage today, they should hopefully be OK tomorrow.

Edited by JoetheRam