Hull city (H) on Tuesday 8th February - matchday thread

B4ev6is

As good a first half performance as I have seen from us in a good while - we are a little bit sloppy at the back, giving them the odd chance, but generally we have dominated the game with some wonderful passages of play.

everyone has been playing well - Lawrence and festy the stand-outs for me but Bielik also class - but everyone has been superb - lets be honest, we have played with swagger and confidence, the press is great, just a perfect performance so far.

Well that was a great first half performance.

Bielik = class; Bird = class... Ebosele, what a player he's going to be! I wouldn't say anyone had a 'bad' half. The last 10mins we were passing around with confidence and looked very comfortable on the ball. More of the same please lads! ?

The reason Bielik makes us look so good is because he wants to play it forward whenever he can. He’s not afraid to lose it because he knows he can get it back. 
Thompson needs to look at this and learn. I don’t mean to be unfair or overly critical but he needs to step up now. A period on the sidelines will allow him to reflect and hopefully come back stronger. 

10 minutes ago, Yani P said:

why would he be - he doesn't care about the football team, just getting a bargain.

Of course he does care about the football team. But the two aren't mutually exclusive. See not everyone has to pay over the odds like Mel! ?

Really good half of football. Hull looked ok early on but slowly but surely, we've gone through the gears and we're good value for the 2 goal lead. How critical might that save from Allsop have been though. Fine margins!

Quick nod to the ref. Been good so far and nice to see he's not afraid to give a card when it's warranted. Mistakenly thought he'd not carded Docherty for the foul on Festy. Not so! Hope our lads have noticed and don't do anything daft.

A last doff of the cap to Festy and Captain Marvellous - absolutely terrorising the Hull back four AND busting guts to get back and help in defence. Things you love to see! ?

COYR