Fans are our own worst enemy at times

IlsonDerby

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

There was lots of “when Gibson effing dies” yesterday tbf.

There’s only so much provocation you take. People are human at the end of the day. Some fans were singing it in the pub when there were decent Boro fans in the pub which was completely wrong. At the game it was a good few minutes until that was chanted and it was only when provoked with the Derby County dies chant. I think the chant is disgusting, it crosses the line I don’t agree with it in any way and I didn’t join in the first couple of times, but even I ended up singing it in the end. 

Upon leaving the game I didn’t feel Derby fans were the ones looking for trouble. It’s the first time in a long time where I didn’t feel safe. At our ground, whoever we play it’s usually pretty safe for away fans.

27 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

There’s only so much provocation you take. People are human at the end of the day. Some fans were singing it in the pub when there were decent Boro fans in the pub which was completely wrong. At the game it was a good few minutes until that was chanted and it was only when provoked with the Derby County dies chant. I think the chant is disgusting, it crosses the line I don’t agree with it in any way and I didn’t join in the first couple of times, but even I ended up singing it in the end. 

Upon leaving the game I didn’t feel Derby fans were the ones looking for trouble. It’s the first time in a long time where I didn’t feel safe. At our ground, whoever we play it’s usually pretty safe for away fans.

I don’t think it can ever really be justified tbh, though I’m not personally offended by it.

I agree that, by and large, we behaved ourselves pretty well considering the circumstances.

6 minutes ago, rammieib said:

So you're happy to have fans acting irresponsibly? 

Sorry, but vile fans who can't control themselves need removing from the game and yes, we have them as well.

My only issue, it should plain clothed police officers.

What is classed as breaking the law? Swearing? Are clubs going to publish a list of words that can and can’t be used? 
I agree that any racist behaviour needs stamping out and fortunately I haven’t seen or heard any at Derby for years but I have seen plenty of pyrotechnics and most of our song have swear words in them.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I don’t think it can ever really be justified tbh, though I’m not personally offended by it.

I agree that, by and large, we behaved ourselves pretty well considering the circumstances.

Yeah agree. It can’t be justified in any way but everyone is fallible. I’ve confessed and won’t do it again!!

25 minutes ago, rammieib said:

So you're happy to have fans acting irresponsibly? 

Sorry, but vile fans who can't control themselves need removing from the game and yes, we have them as well.

My only issue, it should plain clothed police officers.

Happy, Not happy, It's not an issue for me, As I said just another nail in the coffin, So i'll give you my reason, Here we have a person being employed by security to listen and write down ANY abusive language, What if any training will that person have? This person will be in the main the "eyes and ears" for those up the chain, Now the person will have a very big plate to put his/her statement, Example, Fan shouts "book him ref book him", The person misstook what he said as "duck him ref duck him", This person being a person that has been given the authority to write this down, Now sees him/herself as being of the upmost importance to "clean up society" by doing a job, Like a "Traffic Warden" does. Self importance to some is more important than the job they are doing.

Maybe the next port of call is the school playground, Or the pictures, Or a march to a football ground, Or maybe walking down an escalator with your guide dog.

Remember where you are living if it be the UK, Our cival liberties are being eroded daily, We are becomg a society where Syria, North Korea, Belarus, Kazakhstan just to mention 4 will gladly arrest you on the word of someone else.

Enjoy your Sunday lunch?

Edited by Unlucky Alf

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Agreed - never seen anything like it - boro fans were looking for fights. At one point I was basically kettled with some boro fans, who were being aggressively abused by…. Boro fans hurling abuse down at us all. Most the people were pointing at their badges to say they were boro. It was utterly confusing.

Everytime a group of police ran somewhere Hurds of boro fans followed. It was pretty disgusting tbh, I’ve never witnessed anything like it. Imagine if they’d lost or we’d come back. 

Personal opinion is fans can swear as much as they like, but physical violence shouldn't be tolerated. 

Young bloke in front of us, scrambling over bloke next to him and got through to netting, where he was fighting some young slip of a female steward to crawl across netting to Boro fans. He was severely overweight, netting wouldn't support him and he was eventually hauled back. He did this several times - I would have ejected him from ground pronto but nothing was done. 

I am just relieved he wasn't next to me. I don't know how Foreveram put up with him.

I honestly think people like him should be banned from football. 

He never watched any of the game, just solely there to try and get at Boro fans.

I personally hope some of them found him after match! 

44 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Another nail in the coffin of football for me!

Depends on what they’ve been told to listen out for and report on.

If it’s something like racist or personal abusive language then I’m all in favour. You should be able to attend a football match without resorting to such dialogue. However, if it’s the kind of strong language you can hear in every day life (“FFS referee” for example), I’d feel  a little uncomfortable if I had a youngster with me but probably not enough to want it reporting unless it was sustained in which case I wouldn’t want it taking to court but I’d be happy for the uniformed stewards to have a word.

11 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Happy, Not happy, It's not an issue for me, As I said just another nail in the coffin, So i'll give you my reason, Here we have a person being employed by security to listen and write down ANY abusive language, What if any training will that person have? This person will be in the main the "eyes and ears" for those up the chain, Now the person will have a very big plate to put his/her statement, Example, Fan shouts "book him ref book him", The person misstook what he said as "duck him ref duck him", This person being a person that has been given the authority to write this down, Now sees him/herself as being of the upmost importance to "clean up society" by doing a job, Like a "Traffic Warden" does. Self importance to some is more important than the job they are doing.

Maybe the next port of call is the school playground, Or the pictures, Or a march to a football ground, Or maybe walking down an escalator with your guide dog.

Remember where you are living if it be the UK, Our cival liberties are being eroded daily, We are becomg a society where Syria, North Korea, Belarus, Kazakhstan just to mention 4 will gladly arrest you on the word of someone else.

Enjoy your Sunday lunch?

On a personal level, I am delighted to see that in the written form on a public platform, but for those of you under 30, I feel a need to translate...

"Pictures" = "Cinema"!  

?  

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Personal opinion is fans can swear as much as they like, but physical violence shouldn't be tolerated. 

Young bloke in front of us, scrambling over bloke next to him and got through to netting, where he was fighting some young slip of a female steward to crawl across netting to Boro fans. He was severely overweight, netting wouldn't support him and he was eventually hauled back. He did this several times - I would have ejected him from ground pronto but nothing was done. 

I am just relieved he wasn't next to me. I don't know how Foreveram put up with him.

I honestly think people like him should be banned from football. 

He never watched any of the game, just solely there to try and get at Boro fans.

I personally hope some of them found him after match! 

I just can’t imagine going to a Rams match and not wanting to watch the football. Me and my son have a good chat in the Brunswick before the game and a few beers and then enjoy the game. The last thing we are looking for is any trouble.