Dylan Williams - signed for Chelsea

Jubbs

I'm not upset at this. Maybe we are losing a great talent but we have to look at the right here, right now position.

He's not a starter, not been on the bench much recently and if we're getting 300k plus, then great, and if we're getting 500k or more then amazing.

We are producing players but a lot of them are lightweight and small and he was another one of them. The Championship (and dare I say League One) are tough physical leagues and we have for years put out small teams. He was a very small player.

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

I'm not upset at this. Maybe we are losing a great talent but we have to look at the right here, right now position.

He's not a starter, not been on the bench much recently and if we're getting 300k plus, then great, and if we're getting 500k or more then amazing.

We are producing players but a lot of them are lightweight and small and he was another one of them. The Championship (and dare I say League One) are tough physical leagues and we have for years put out small teams. He was a very small player.

He's 6'1".
Tommo is showing everyone there's more to football at this level than being 'big'.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He's 6'1".
Tommo is showing everyone there's more to football at this level than being 'big'.

How tall does that make Rooney? He isn't 6'1.

Plus I'm not a huge Thomson fan. I think we have too many players who cannot score or create and it leaves too much pressure on the others. I know I'm in the minority here and recent results also show that but With 4 defenders and 2 centre mids who don't go past the centre circle, its a hell of a lot of pressure on the likes of Lawrence to get a goal.... all the more reason we cannot afford to let Lawrence go.

Rooney 6'4.JPG

13 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That makes is Delap, Gordon, Sharpe, Kaba, Scanlon and now Williams to Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd, and Chelsea for a combined £3m (give or take).

This is down to that deal the EFL did with the PL isn't it?

Where they can just come around academies, whisk them away and leave a curly whirly on the side for us if they haven't played X number of games on a first team contract.

7 minutes ago, David said:

Where they can just come around academies, whisk them away and leave a curly whirly on the side for us if they haven't played X number of games on a first team contract.

The EFL doing deals that are to the detriment of its members? I don't think so...

This is what the beautiful game is all about - a European super power with massive wealth able to pick up our young players for next to nothing whilst we struggle to survive as an entity. 

I can't blame the players, of course, but with Delap playing games for City and now Gordon playing games for Liverpool. If we actually got anything remotely close to their worth then we wouldn't be in the situation. All we can do is  wish them all the best. They have to worry about their own career and development before they consider our situation. 

Williams at worse will receive a HUGE pay day and go into the youth team, eventually into their loan system carousel before either getting into the first team or in no worst position with a Championship club. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Yep.

Same c**** who voted to loan money to Championship clubs rather than give any.

Not hard to see why is it?

This is something else that the EFL negotiated, the utter duckwits.