The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Really starting to fear we are gone??‍♂️, duck Morris and duck the efl 

Think we're going to be ok buddy, but I am concerned that bidders are taking the view we're certain to be relegated and would rather take an additional 15 point deduction than pay the figures bandied about a few weeks back. All it took was a couple of losses ? 

Not really feeling the love for Ashley right now. Could be wrong of course, and sincerely hope I am, but it just feels like there's a bunch of vultures picking at our carcass right now. What is clear is that once again, Quantuma have dramatically underestimated the challenges at hand. This never-ending cycle of commitment-failure-wall of silence is really starting to grate.

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

I'm still optimistic as we have three credible bidders. My guess would be that all have accepted the 15 point penalty option and are trying to drive the price down as far as possible, but still offering slightly more than the other two.

Have we definitely received bids ? (serious question). People mentioned 2 bids and one dropout but it just sounded like heresay.

5 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Yeah, yeah, we've established that. Most people, if not all, accept it. That's why we got here.

But now we're in the deep do-dos, we need to get out of it, and some of us aren't happy with how that's going.

No one's going to be happy with whats happening because it's all completely out of our control...but lets wait and see exactly what does happen first....we are still alive and therefore can and will be saved 

5 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Think we're going to be ok buddy, but I am concerned that bidders are taking the view we're certain to be relegated and would rather take an additional 15 point deduction than pay the figures bandied about a few weeks back. All it took was a couple of losses ? 

Not really feeling the love for Ashley right now. Could be wrong of course, and sincerely hope I am, but it just feels like there's a bunch of vultures picking at our carcass right now. What is clear is that once again, Quantuma have dramatically underestimated the challenges at hand. This never-ending cycle of commitment-failure-wall of silence is really starting to grate.

The 15 point deduction would be next season so I hope they don’t think we’ll be relegated and then have to overturn 15 pts in league 1 with no squad because the business plan we’d have to follow (approval from EFL for signings ) would mean we couldn’t afford to renew contracts

11 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

He seemed to know that the EFL were going to release a statement before they actually did, pillow talk?

I did say at the weekend that Nixon gets his info from EFL. I had thought this was common knowledge, but if not , him saying an EFL statement is imminent regarding the deadline before it's even been issued surely proves that to any doubters there may still be... Nixon is being used by the EFL to put out their propaganda. 

9 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I'm still optimistic as we have three credible bidders. My guess would be that all have accepted the 15 point penalty option and are trying to drive the price down as far as possible, but still offering slightly more than the other two.

The deadline thing worries me though. I believe that we had 4 bids tabled for the club before administration and seem to have had four more since. We don't seem to have a problem attracting potential buyers, yet none have completed. 

Maybe a couple were fantasists, but surely not all? Rooney has made several positive statements about takeovers being close to completion. Mel believed sales were close and didn't leave enough cash in the business to cover the payroll.  Now Quantuma are making statements and ending up looking foolish. 

It's almost as if, as soon as a buyer finds out the truth about something, they instantly turn from enthusiasts with open cheque books to unexpectedly disappearing into the ether. Surely there can't be anything left that is a surprise? Does Mel stipulate that he'll only hand over the stadium keys to someone who can beat him at naked mud wrestling?Have we upset a drugs cartel somewhere and investors keep waking up next to horses heads? Maybe they're being put off the apparition of the white lady of Chadd sidings who is forever looking for lover?

They've accepted it as they've all decided that they won't pay the amount of money required for the club to avoid another points deduction. 

Is accepted the correct word to use in that case? 

3 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

Agreed @IslandExile No. Help. Right. Now. Stating. The. Bleedin. Obvious.

Yeah lets all bash the admins saying how crap they are when NOT ONE person on here knows whats going on behind the scenes ...we're all as worried as the next fan...we're all in this ...lets wait and see what happens ......

8 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Have we definitely received bids ? (serious question). People mentioned 2 bids and one dropout but it just sounded like heresay.

There's nothing definite about anything. The Binnies, Ashley's PR guy, Kirchner and Appleby have all confirmed their interest. Whether any of them have actually made official bids is anyone's guess. 

Just now, S8TY said:

Yeah lets all bash the admins saying how crap they are when NOT ONE person on here knows whats going on behind the scenes ...we're all as worried as the next fan...we're all in this ...lets wait and see what happens ......

So you don't have an issue with the Admins for them not having updated the EFL by the deadline they'd agreed 4 weeks ago?

33 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Blaming Admins is all well and good but mel got us into this complete mess by gambling with the clubs future....our club!!!!!!?

no doubt. mel got us into this mess, he should be held accountable and be taking to court by the tax man.

but it's now the admins job to get us OUT of the mess which they seem incapable of doing

4 minutes ago, S8TY said:

for me the comments about us not knowing whats going on behind the scenes argument is the classic bury our heads in the sand move, no offence intended 

if admins had made positive steps they would sing it from the roof tops reality is has any progress at all been made in 6 months apart from them putting a price on the club. i would say no

37 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

So I am as anti-EFL as anyone; they're not fit for purpose.

But I cannot understand the anger over their statement today. Any anger should be aimed squarely at the Administrators.

They had an extension to proving we had funding for the rest of the season that took them to today. At the very least, they should have updated the EFL. Be nice if they also updated Rooney and the fans but I no longer expect that courtesy.

Some on here have asked why some others of us are really worried by this statement today. Well to start with, it was a deadline to prove that we could finish the season. Without such proof, there is a danger of us being thrown out of the league. If that's not bad enough, the delay may indicate that none of the bidders, if there are any, have reached the minimum "price". If that's Ashley playing his game of bidding as little as possible, that doesn't auger well for the future either does it?

I don't understand the anger at the administrators. They can't force anyone to buy the club. It seems to me that we are not a viable, going concern, and that seems to be the case as far as the 'bids' are concerned. If we were a sheepdog, we are half-blind, incontinent and the farmer would be considering taking us behind the barn to give us both barrels.

That's where I think we are now.

2 minutes ago, alram said:

no doubt. mel got us into this mess, he should be held accountable and be taking to court by the tax man.

but it's now the admins job to get us OUT of the mess which they seem incapable of doing

Like what do you think they should be doing that they aren't doing at the moment? To get us out of the mess they inherited?