The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, Eaststander7 said:

Well he signed jags and stearman so had other players on the radar given the restrictions. Some managers may have opted against Davies given his age and coming back from the serious injury. I’m not saying we should have but some would. Rooney chose to resign him - he makes the decisions as manager. So to say it was nothing to do with him is plainly not true 

Nobody did,did they?

And Davis was a no brainer really,Wayne didn't have much option to be fair.

The point was that he's not bringing in the quality loans that some state he was,with his name.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Nobody did,did they?

And Davis was a no brainer really,Wayne didn't have much option to be fair.

The point was that he's not bringing in the quality loans that some state he was with his name.

yes JR said had nothing to do with wazza! 

I think we judge that when he has some money to spend which he hasn’t had during his time as manager

Quite a few fans of other teams I speak to think Rooney is doing a great job under the circumstances he’s faced 

7 minutes ago, Eaststander7 said:

I think we judge that when he has some money to spend which he hasn’t had during his time as manager

Quite a few fans of other teams I speak to think Rooney is doing a great job under the circumstances he’s faced 

My smiley face ? 

9 minutes ago, Eaststander7 said:

Fair enough but quite a few don't.

I'm judging him purely on his performance as a manager,not on his name and the football I'm watching every week hasn't inspired me,he's not got the best out of this squad i.m.o.

34 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Fair enough but quite a few don't.

I'm judging him purely on his performance as a manager,not on his name and the football I'm watching every week hasn't inspired me,he's not got the best out of this squad i.m.o.

Well I argue that he has at times and results have proved this results such as WBA away Fulham away bourmonth at home blackpool are home bourmonth at home and stoke city at home so for me he doing best he can in what he has.

So for crying out loud get off his back and support him and the team.

10 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I argue that he has at times and results have proved this results such as WBA away Fulham away bourmonth at home blackpool are home bourmonth at home and stoke city at home so for me he doing best he can in what he has.

So for crying out loud get off his back and support him and the team.

B4,I go to every home game and cheer the boys on,no matter who is in charge.

It doesn't mean that on the forum tho that we can't have our opinion on the manager and whatever owner we currently have mate.

That's why we have forums,it's to discuss and debate the club and it's goings on ?

6 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

B4,I go to every home game and cheer the boys on,no matter who is in charge.

It doesn't mean that on the forum tho that we can't have our opinion on the manager and whatever owner we currently have mate.

That's why we have forums,it's to discuss and debate the club and it's goings on ?

I know that it just annoys me when people having a go at him when he has had not a penny to spend on players and had make do on players that no body else wants.

6 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'd of thought with his connections that man u and Everton would have been sending us academy players for free!

As I say,his name in reality doesn't mean that much over any other champ manager,he just hasn't got the credentials in coaching,yet,that more experienced managers such as Mac utilised to attract talent in.

How come if maclaren is so good no other teams want him as manager. Hes made enough money out of us to be able to live comfortly jobless.

6 hours ago, Eaststander7 said:

If I remember rightly wasn’t that the limit set by the EFL? 

And that is peanuts I’m afraid. Money has ruined football 

I mentioned that a few days ago, football was ruined the day the prem league started not about football but about money now.

6 hours ago, Eaststander7 said:

Exactly - he’s had to scrape the barrel! All of this is nothing to do with Rooney! It’s Mel who left us in this financial mess! 

Re curtis - Rooney still resigned him whatever…and the signing of jags was top drawer given our limitations 

I couldn't agree more but regarding the signings especially Curtis was a good signing but i don't think he took much persuading,he didn't sign because of Rooney, he signed because of his commitment to the club whoever the manager was.

7 hours ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

Guess it could be. If they've already got the funds too and are going to try and recoup their money through selling crypto shares through fans it could actually be a real thing. Strange that this would come out on Christmas day though.

Try getting that passed by the EFL

I hope that whoever is announced Rush is not part of the equation.

He is tied in heavily with an agency and I simply do not trust him to be able to separate his work there with his involvement in running a football club.

He will look after himself and the players first. Regardless of how poorly he may have been treated by Mel, I don't trust him.

Seems that some folk have forgotten about the embargo restrictions that we've been operating under : squad size, wage size contract length, fees allowed (none), loan deals no longer than 1/2 season when most clubs (and the players themselves) want their kids to have a full year out and most don't want them to go to relegation certainties - and it comes across like they're just doubling down on their opinion of Rooney. It feels quite disingenuous. 

16 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

He is tied in heavily with an agency and I simply do not trust him to be able to separate his work there with his involvement in running a football club.

He will look after himself and the players first. Regardless of how poorly he may have been treated by Mel, I don't trust him.

All one can hope is that as he is 'good at his job', then if kept on a 'tight leash' he could work well for the club. Mel allowed him free rein, much to his (and our) cost.

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Seems that some folk have forgotten about the embargo restrictions that we've been operating under : squad size, wage size contract length, fees allowed (none), loan deals no longer than 1/2 season when most clubs (and the players themselves) want their kids to have a full year out and most don't want them to go to relegation certainties - and it comes across like they're just doubling down on their opinion of Rooney. It feels quite disingenuous. 

Absolutely agree here. I also think that Rooney, if he could bring anyone in, wanted experienced, seasoned pros to compliment our own youngsters/be mentors to them in what we all knew was going to be a very difficult season. 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

All one can hope is that as he is 'good at his job', then if kept on a 'tight leash' he could work well for the club. Mel allowed him free rein, much to his (and our) cost.

I cant see how he can do both. Either help run a club or be an agent. 

In my mind it's like an MP responsible for green energy working for an oil giant or something, clear conflict of interest.

32 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If its the only offer?  With Rush or no Derby?