The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Rooney has been getting better as a rookie manager. If he was allowed to get some players in - like the few loans we had last season...

...then he could have more options than he really knows what to do with, leading to him overcomplicating the tactics and us having another run in the final 15 games of this season to match the 7/45 points we got at the end of last?

(I'm not being entirely serious)

Edited by Coconut's Beard

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Not really mount,Wilson or tomori are they,(or even lingard,wisdom,bamford etc under Mac)......the first two are on their last legs and probably on their last season at best.

Good god - I forgot how much drivel is posted on here….now have I sank too many ales or eaten too many turkey sandwiches?? Wtf! Are we forgetting that DCFC are in administration and been under an embargo for what 2 seasons?? Who exactly could he attract other than jags, Morrison etc??? 

Mount, wilson and tomori would have involved hefty loan fees as woukd lingard, bamford and wisdom under Mac….

wakey wakey!!!!

4 minutes ago, Eaststander7 said:

Good god - I forgot how much drivel is posted on here….now have I sank too many ales or eaten too many turkey sandwiches?? Wtf! Are we forgetting that DCFC are in administration and been under an embargo for what 2 seasons?? Who exactly could he attract other than jags, Morrison etc??? 

Mount, wilson and tomori would have involved hefty loan fees as woukd lingard, bamford and wisdom under Mac….

wakey wakey!!!!

Lol,the op was stating just how attractive Rooney's name was and he was attracting major talent to the club..

My point was that he isn't and that he needs the same budget as any other club to do so....his name hasn't been the big draw that some believe.

9 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Lol,the op was stating just how attractive Rooney's name was and he was attracting major talent to the club..

My point was that he isn't and that he needs the same budget as any other club to do so....his name hasn't been the big draw that some believe.

The signings he has made for absolutely peanuts haven’t been to bad imo - jags and Davies immense at the back. Morrison faded lately but very good first part of the season. Stearman back up, baldock bit of experience up front although does seem injury prone. Who were you expecting in our  situation - realistically?

15 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Lol. He's been able to offer a tiny wage and short contracts. A wonder we were able to sign anyone let alone Davies and Jags!

Edited by RoyMac5

22 minutes ago, Eaststander7 said:

The signings he has made for absolutely peanuts haven’t been to bad imo - jags and Davies immense at the back. Morrison faded lately but very good first part of the season. Stearman back up, baldock bit of experience up front although does seem injury prone. Who were you expecting in our  situation - realistically?

Don’t think Wazza signed Curtis ?

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. He's been able to offer a tiny wage and short contracts. A wonder we were able to sign anyone let alone Davies and Jags!

I'd of thought with his connections that man u and Everton would have been sending us academy players for free!

As I say,his name in reality doesn't mean that much over any other champ manager,he just hasn't got the credentials in coaching,yet,that more experienced managers such as Mac utilised to attract talent in.

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'd of thought with his connections that man u and Everton would have been sending us academy players for free!

As I say,his name in reality doesn't mean that much over any other champ manager,he just hasn't got the credentials in coaching,yet,that more experienced managers such as Mac utilised to attract talent in.

You’re not comparing like for like in terms of finances. The Mac team of 2014 was actually Nigel clough’s team with a few brilliant loans (at a cost!) that added the sparkle. What a team that was and who knows where we’d be if we’d give up with that squad ☹️

6 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Oh you're just being silly now.

Mac had the money to sign the loans.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh you're just being silly now.

Mac had the money to sign the loans.

And the ability to bring them on through coaching..that's the major difference.

No problem with Rooney but this nonsense about him bringing in quality via his name is nonsensical.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong