The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Seems that some folk have forgotten about the embargo restrictions that we've been operating under : squad size, wage size contract length, fees allowed (none), loan deals no longer than 1/2 season when most clubs (and the players themselves) want their kids to have a full year out and most don't want them to go to relegation certainties - and it comes across like they're just doubling down on their opinion of Rooney. It feels quite disingenuous. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Wazza acolyte, but I agree with every word of this. I'd also venture that since there's no likelihood of a new manager coming in, unless of course he decides to walk, that some on here really need to park the relentless sniping and just get behind him and the players. Deriding him for not bringing in Everton and Manure starlets is some of the most one-eyed nonsense I've read on this forum.

Let's assess his ability to sign players based on his rep when the EFL actually allow us to eh, because last time I checked, there were none of the United's top young talents on the free agents list. Nor will there ever be.

6 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Wazza acolyte, but I agree with every word of this. I'd also venture that since there's no likelihood of a new manager coming in, unless of course he decides to walk, that some on here really need to park the relentless sniping and just get behind him and the players. Deriding him for not bringing in Everton and Manure starlets is some of the most one-eyed nonsense I've read on this forum.

Let's assess his ability to sign players based on his rep when the EFL actually allow us to eh, because last time I checked, there were none of the United's top young talents on the free agents list. Nor will there ever be.

At the risk of log-rolling, I agree ?

Whenever a non-Derby supporting friend or acquaintance asks me how Rooney is doing, I generally say "OK, reasonably well considering what he's having to deal with" and that about sums it up for me. Not badly enough to suggest that "any other manager would be 20 points ahead" or similar. 

Do we want seasoned pro’s coming in just for 1/2 a season then go on relegation? Or our own youngsters committing their best to the club with an eye on a spot in league 1 next year?

Only Wayne will know if they want to stay around next season when an extension to a contract can be made, but a guess a new owner needs to be found in the meantime.

Itll be interesting to see which ex team mates of Wayne may have contracts terminated by mutual agreement at their clubs and don’t go anywhere in the window.  That’s our only chance of getting help after the windows shut.

12 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Do we want seasoned pro’s coming in just for 1/2 a season then go on relegation? Or our own youngsters committing their best to the club with an eye on a spot in league 1 next year?

Only Wayne will know if they want to stay around next season when an extension to a contract can be made, but a guess a new owner needs to be found in the meantime.

Itll be interesting to see which ex team mates of Wayne may have contracts terminated by mutual agreement at their clubs and don’t go anywhere in the window.  That’s our only chance of getting help after the windows shut.

What's Andre Wisdom doing now?

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

At the risk of log-rolling, I agree ?

Whenever a non-Derby supporting friend or acquaintance asks me how Rooney is doing, I generally say "OK, reasonably well considering what he's having to deal with" and that about sums it up for me. Not badly enough to suggest that "any other manager would be 20 points ahead" or similar. 

I certainly am not in the camp of "any other manager would be 20 points ahead" ,it is what it is but for some to imply Rooney is doing a brilliant job under the circumstances and is improving as he goes along, anybody in a job 12 months should be better than when they started. i just think he is in the wrong job at the wrong time as a rookie manager.

22 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I certainly am not in the camp of "any other manager would be 20 points ahead" ,it is what it is but for some to imply Rooney is doing a brilliant job under the circumstances and is improving as he goes along, anybody in a job 12 months should be better than when they started. i just think he is in the wrong job at the wrong time as a rookie manager.

Agree. Be interesting to see what the new owners will do. They might have a new manager in mind ??

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Not sure, he’s one I wouldn’t mind seeing us re-sign if the rules allow it in January. I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but he can do a job at the back, covers a couple of positions, is a unit physically and would allow for some continuity in the squad for if/when we head to league 1. Plus he’d lower the average age of our back line too ? 

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

From the DET

"Andre Wisdom, defender

Wisdom had been training with the club in the pre-season to keep his fitness sharp but he sustained a groin injury part way through and has seldom been seen since, at Derby or elsewhere.

At 28, he is in his peak years as an athlete and it would be unfair to speculate on why he is still without a club."

21 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Not sure, he’s one I wouldn’t mind seeing us re-sign if the rules allow it in January. I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but he can do a job at the back, covers a couple of positions, is a unit physically and would allow for some continuity in the squad for if/when we head to league 1. Plus he’d lower the average age of our back line too ? 

Might be an option if we cannot renew Jags. But it’s just an example.. there’s a few out of contract already and maybe a few more in January. 

36 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

From the DET

"Andre Wisdom, defender

Wisdom had been training with the club in the pre-season to keep his fitness sharp but he sustained a groin injury part way through and has seldom been seen since, at Derby or elsewhere.

At 28, he is in his peak years as an athlete and it would be unfair to speculate on why he is still without a club."

Perhaps he is learning about how to head a ball.