The Administration Thread

Boycie

If Appleby, Moxey and Rush’s company are successful in acquiring the club on behalf of their backer, unless I’m missing something none of them would be involved in running the club when post-purchase. They are “fixers” putting clubs in touch with credible buyers using their extensive knowledge of running football clubs and sports franchises to find the right people.

This would be a new era not linked at all to GSE so we simply don’t know what the new owner will do or what his/her intentions are.

Edited by BramcoteRam84

43 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

People become rich by not leaving anything on the table when negotiating a deal.

There's 'becoming rich' and there's being worth multiple billions.

You don't become a millionaire by throwing your money around, but once you reach a certain level of wealth money really is no object.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

36 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

If his wages aren't affordable how would sacking him and paying up his contract be affordable?

It wouldn't be. We have to hope he gets poached like Lampard and we get a fee and did not have to pay him off (unlikely) or hope that he realises that his wage is unaffordable to a League One club in desperate circumstances and either leaves or takes an enormous pay cut. The ball is totally in his court.   

1 hour ago, RAM1966 said:

The football was poo, a lot of that though was Cloughs negative, boring defensive football.  I say invest money in your strikers and aim to score more than the other team.  McLaren could be the man to take us back to glory....  Rooney has to go, £4m wage packet isn't affordable....

Am not sure how Rooney can be compelled to go unless we get into the same ridiculous situation with Keogh where the new owners try and vary his current contract....if Rooney gets sacked then we'll have pay off his contract so we'll be no better off....so we would be relying on him quitting of his own volation or jumping to another job where he will get paid the same amount of dosh, seeing as he's still a rookie manager good luck with that one.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Yes, i remember that boring defensive 0-5 win at Yeovil.

But you’re right, maybe the owners realised then the team had it in them but so some reason were being shackled.  Then we lost to Forest and nearly got to the Prem.

0-3 wasn't it...and 1-5 at Millwall, both at start of 2013-14 season. 

Unfortunately there were plenty of 1 and 2 nil defeats against really poor sides. But we did beat forest and Leeds pretty regularly. 

7 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

0-3 wasn't it...and 1-5 at Millwall, both at start of 2013-14 season. 

Unfortunately there were plenty of 1 and 2 nil defeats against really poor sides. But we did beat forest and Leeds pretty regularly. 

We lost against 2 top teams and Forest. 

25 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Am not sure how Rooney can be compelled to go unless we get into the same ridiculous situation with Keogh where the new owners try and vary his current contract....if Rooney gets sacked then we'll have pay off his contract so we'll be no better off....so we would be relying on him quitting of his own volation or jumping to another job where he will get paid the same amount of dosh, seeing as he's still a rookie manager good luck with that one.

I wonder if it's different in administration? I know that they can make people redundant in the first few days and those people just get state redundancy pay. 

Maybe they can do something similar later on? That said, I bet there's a specific EFL rule which prevents players and managers getting made redundant without full compensation. 

3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Lost at home v Burnley Leicester and Reading early in the season I think. And forest away. But Clough in general had a reasonable record against forest I think across his whole tenure. 

Anyway, merry Christmas old chap ?

Burnley and Leicester finished 1 and 2. You missed my 'top teams and Forest' joke

Merry Christmas 

48 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

There's 'becoming rich' and there's being worth multiple billions.

You don't become a millionaire by throwing your money around, but once you reach a certain level of wealth money really is no object.

That simply isn't the mindset of investors or (good) businessmen, there's no way on earth they pay over the odds just because they can. They got to where they are for many reasons one of which will be that they are very financially astute, that won't change just because they've made a lot of money.

1 hour ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Because we were losing £7 million a year every year, check companies house for the Annual accounts to verify my numbers. GSE bailed out because they would not could not put in any more cash

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

We were losing £9m per year and investing minimal in the playing staff.

How much were losing every year under Mel? ? I know they were losing money, but that is expected in the EFL. Have you all forgotten our other owners - we lurch from one financial crisis to another. GSE were a brief island of stability. To say you dont like Appleby because he apparently didnt leave the finances in a good condition is ludicrous.

As i said the finances under GSE were as good as they've been for decades. Virtually all teams in the EFL lose money, but £9mill a year could be covered with just one player sale. Just because they weren't piddling money away like Mel doesnt mean they were doing a bad job. Its GSE who built McClarens first team afterall.

37 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

That simply isn't the mindset of investors or (good) businessmen, there's no way on earth they pay over the odds just because they can. They got to where they are for many reasons one of which will be that they are very financially astute, that won't change just because they've made a lot of money.

By that virtue  'Good businessmen' wouldn't touch a football club with a bargepole (especially not one in the ruinous state we currently are) as it's simply something you do with any expectation of making money.

Buying a football club is usually a really poo business decision in the first place. It's not something you tend do with a frugal mindset!

The idea of someone worth 25x the amount Mel Morris was when he took us over potentially losing out on buying us for the sake of what amounts to some pocket change? I'll be delighted if it is Tepper but I can't see it.

Edited by Coconut's Beard