The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 hours ago, GenBr said:

How much were losing every year under Mel? ? I know they were losing money, but that is expected in the EFL. Have you all forgotten our other owners - we lurch from one financial crisis to another. GSE were a brief island of stability. To say you dont like Appleby because he apparently didnt leave the finances in a good condition is ludicrous.

As i said the finances under GSE were as good as they've been for decades. Virtually all teams in the EFL lose money, but £9mill a year could be covered with just one player sale. Just because they weren't piddling money away like Mel doesnt mean they were doing a bad job. Its GSE who built McClarens first team afterall.

I wonder how many were arguing that point before McClaren was appointed?

6 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Am not sure how Rooney can be compelled to go unless we get into the same ridiculous situation with Keogh where the new owners try and vary his current contract....if Rooney gets sacked then we'll have pay off his contract so we'll be no better off....so we would be relying on him quitting of his own volation or jumping to another job where he will get paid the same amount of dosh, seeing as he's still a rookie manager good luck with that one.

Even with a new preferred bidder it will still take a number of weeks to complete the deal so we will still probably need a fire sale starting next week to reduce the debt. Rooney seemed overly eager to get Kirchner as our new owner, possibly so he could himself invest in the club. I think with that  now not happening he will use the excuse that players have been sold against his wishes and therefore left with no option but to resign as manager.

Just purely my take on it of course.

3 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Even with a new preferred bidder it will still take a number of weeks to complete the deal so we will still probably need a fire sale starting next week to reduce the debt. Rooney seemed overly eager to get Kirchner as our new owner, possibly so he could himself invest in the club. I think with that  now not happening he will use the excuse that players have been sold against his wishes and therefore left with no option but to resign as manager.

Just purely my take on it of course.

Or CK was the only one bigging himself up on social media and visiting the ground - what was Rooney to say 'duck of ya chancer and wait until you've bought the Club'?! ? Of course his agent is involved too, but what other 'buyers' might think is not known yet.

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

I’m disgusted the Administration’s not revealed the preferred bidders details today.  Don’t they know Derby’s futures more important than religion?

Sigh.

Don't forget it's also a designated bank holiday Monday/Tuesday with Christmas day/Boxing day falling on a weekend,they won't be working those Two days either or if they do they will be upping their hourly rate.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or CK was the only one bigging himself up on social media and visiting the ground - what was Rooney to say 'duck of ya chancer and wait until you've bought the Club'?! ? Of course his agent is involved too, but what other 'buyers' might think is not known yet.

Rooney sold his image rights for £30M+ for some reason while we have been in administration,as you say with his agent being involved too. Nobody knows what was being discussed behind closed doors,as i said that's just my take on things.

9 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

You can laugh as much as you like Roy but if they have previous ownership credentials i very much doubt they will see a rookie manager  on high wages as the way to take the club forward. More likely go for a pair of safe hands and no don't ask me who,i have no idea.

Steve Mac, on a low pay packet and big bonus if we go back up.  Stavie Mac part 4 coming to a club near year......

20 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

You can laugh as much as you like Roy but if they have previous ownership credentials i very much doubt they will see a rookie manager  on high wages as the way to take the club forward. More likely go for a pair of safe hands and no don't ask me who,i have no idea.

Rooney has been getting better as a rookie manager. If he was allowed to get some players in - like the few loans we had last season... Plus how many other managers that we could attract would have the 'pulling power' of Rooney or be as interesting to the mainstream meadia?

9 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

Steve Mac, on a low pay packet and big bonus if we go back up.  Stavie Mac part 4 coming to a club near year......

Mac4 is unlikely I'd think, he's chosen another career path.

38 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Rooney sold his image rights for £30M+ for some reason while we have been in administration,as you say with his agent being involved too. Nobody knows what was being discussed behind closed doors,as i said that's just my take on things.

Nearer £21M. Also he will have capital gains tax liabilities on this so nearer £18-19M

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/wayne-rooney-set-pocket-around-25012530

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Rooney has been getting better as a rookie manager. If he was allowed to get some players in - like the few loans we had last season... Plus how many other managers that we could attract would have the 'pulling power' of Rooney or be as interesting to the mainstream meadia?

Rooney fitted in well with Kirchner as he is well known in the US, this would also have raised Kirchners profile over there. The new owners might not want the club in the media spotlight especially as it seems to be for the wrong reasons.

I am not getting into the discussion of whether Rooney has been getting better,when you have been in the position for a year anybody should be doing better.

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

Rooney will be manager until at least the end of the season unless he does a runner. Otherwise they will have to pay his contract up and pay someone else as well. That makes no sense. Of course the Americans could give him a new contract.....

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who exactly has Rooney attracted with his pulling power?

Lamps did during his time but I fail to see who Rooney has over any other lower championship manager?

Re Mac,I still think he'd grab the chance if it was offered.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

6 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Jagielka, Morrison, Menge 

Not really mount,Wilson or tomori are they,(or even lingard,wisdom,bamford etc under Mac)......the first two are on their last legs and probably on their last season at best.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong