The Administration Thread

Boycie

51 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Quantuma could maybe repay the fans’ loyalty by opening the directors box - with all the trimmings - to family groups chosen by lottery. Half ST holders, half not. It would pay for itself in ticket sales and goodwill. Maybe motm could join after the game 

To have empty seats in the directors when the rest of the stadium is sold out is just wrong. why not auction so many seats off in a package like they did for the radio Derby money mountain appeal years ago. I did this twice at the baseball ground and was a memorable experience. 

3 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

We are not going to get our 21 points back, and as a result we are still most likely going to get relegated. That is a  harsh and painful reality... fantastic fight (not too literally Tom) though the players are putting in, backed by our amazing support.

Even so , there are several reasons to believe that our agreement to the 21 points deduction was gained under false pretences. The first and most immediately pressing is that Q were very specific that they only agreed to the points deduction in order to assist a speedy exit from administration. That speedy exit hasn't happened, and the principle reason for that once again is the EFL's footling incompetence and the connected issue that their rulebook is not fit for purpose either.

So I think continued pressure on EFL by DCFC Fans  on this forum (and elsewhere)  is  fair game. EFL has been found out on some past issues (and I know there is much more to come out). Their continuing and desperate attempts at self justification are plainly now not working. Even some mainstream journalists have turned against them, Nixon had been used as their mouthpiece before but even he seems to have woken up and smelt the coffee.

The message to EFL really needs to be...  enough is enough.. your incompetence (and worse) has cost us dearly and we will not tolerate any more delays, obstructions or penalties. Let us name a PB, end the embargo and renew contracts. And this needs to happen within the next week or so.. or else, for sure the whole can of worms that is EFL's lack of competence and care will be scrutinised big time, not just by us fans , but taking it up in the media and in Parliament and whatever other forums we can.             

Hey were not done yet far far from it

Stop being nagtive we can and we will stay up and in the end we shall be sticking two fingers up at them.

10 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Thoughts? Let us know in the comments below.

That was the last comment in the article.

I then made the mistake of scrolling through adverts ranging from teeth straightening to hair implants to read said comments. 

When I got to about page 7 without sign of any comments then gave up. 

Am happy to give my comments but imagine they would be banned from this site. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

I then made the mistake of scrolling through adverts ranging from teeth straightening to hair implants to read said comments. 

That was always the case wasn’t it ?

2 hours ago, angieram said:

I am, like many, no apologist for the EFL - they have consistently shown themselves to be incompetent - but they cannot 'just' be abolished.  They are a members' club whose rules and regulations are agreed upon by the members, so it is the members that will have to agree their abolition (and no doubt their rules will insist on a certain majority of members voting for such a change).  So replacing them with an 'independent regulator' or abolishing them is not likely to happen, nor to make that much difference in the short term even if it were to happen.

If, instead, you add an additional organisation - the independent regulator - you then have to ask and answer a whole series of other questions.  Does it regulate the amateur and the professional game (broadly the current job of the FA); does it regulate the EFL clubs and the PL clubs (thereby impacting the PL's role) or the EFL clubs only; which areas of football does it regulate - does it govern the rules of the game, for example, or just the financial management of professional clubs, does it govern the appointment of owners, does it negotiate TV and other contracts and the distribution of those monies, does it agree the FFP rules or the discipline of players or both; is it affiliated in any way to UEFA or FIFA - does it have to recognise UEFA and FIFA's roles in competitions and the way in which the game operates, for example, so if UEFA agrees a change in FFP rules across European clubs, does the regulator have to apply those rules?

We do have to have organisations that run the game - to agree fixtures, formally agree the seasons' outcomes by promotion and relegation, agree the rules of the game, appoint, manage and train referees/linos, discipline clubs and players etc etc.  If we have an independent regulator we have to decide whether they are the football equivalent of the Bank of England or the FCA or Ofsted or the General Medical Council or the Care Quality Commission - all of which operate in different ways in their fields - or something football specific.

The very best solution would be that the EFL becomes better at running the game, that its rules are better and applied better, that its senior executives are better in terms of the leadership and vision that they show, that they run the sport and their organisation better.  The reason that we are talking about an independent regulator at all is because they are currently broadly incompetent. But an independent regulator is not necessarily the whole answer, however much we dislike Parry and his incompetent fellows. They may not even be a better answer.

7 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

I am, like many, no apologist for the EFL - they have consistently shown themselves to be incompetent - but they cannot 'just' be abolished.  They are a members' club whose rules and regulations are agreed upon by the members, so it is the members that will have to agree their abolition (and no doubt their rules will insist on a certain majority of members voting for such a change).  So replacing them with an 'independent regulator' or abolishing them is not likely to happen, nor to make that much difference in the short term even if it were to happen.

If, instead, you add an additional organisation - the independent regulator - you then have to ask and answer a whole series of other questions.  Does it regulate the amateur and the professional game (broadly the current job of the FA); does it regulate the EFL clubs and the PL clubs (thereby impacting the PL's role) or the EFL clubs only; which areas of football does it regulate - does it govern the rules of the game, for example, or just the financial management of professional clubs, does it govern the appointment of owners, does it negotiate TV and other contracts and the distribution of those monies, does it agree the FFP rules or the discipline of players or both; is it affiliated in any way to UEFA or FIFA - does it have to recognise UEFA and FIFA's roles in competitions and the way in which the game operates, for example, so if UEFA agrees a change in FFP rules across European clubs, does the regulator have to apply those rules?

We do have to have organisations that run the game - to agree fixtures, formally agree the seasons' outcomes by promotion and relegation, agree the rules of the game, appoint, manage and train referees/linos, discipline clubs and players etc etc.  If we have an independent regulator we have to decide whether they are the football equivalent of the Bank of England or the FCA or Ofsted or the General Medical Council or the Care Quality Commission - all of which operate in different ways in their fields - or something football specific.

The very best solution would be that the EFL becomes better at running the game, that its rules are better and applied better, that its senior executives are better in terms of the leadership and vision that they show, that they run the sport and their organisation better.  The reason that we are talking about an independent regulator at all is because they are currently broadly incompetent. But an independent regulator is not necessarily the whole answer, however much we dislike Parry and his incompetent fellows. They may not even be a better answer.

Oh God don't you've realised you've just invited another million pages of conjecture peddled as fact about the precise meanings of every rule the EFL has made in it's entire history 

giphy-5.gif

8 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Abolishing them is not likely to happen.

You need to brush up on your history ilkleyram.

On June 15, 1215, King John met the English Barons at Runnymede on the Thames to write and sign the Magna Carta, In this "charta" King John stipulates that "in any sporting event today or in ye future the Royal who sits on ye throne shall have the power to anull or disband any organisation that is ye seen to discriminate againd ye towns peoples"

So Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the 2nd holds all the cards.

20 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

I said a few weeks back when the light finally shone of the status of the Boro and Wycombe claims that depressing as it was for us Rams fans, it would also mark the death knell of the EFL 'in its current guise'. Whilst I agree with much of what you say, I still believe this to be true. At very least I think that Birch and Parry must now consider their positions. If they've not brought the League into disrepute, they've come very close to doing so and trust in the current board and the credibility of the EFL as a whole has been irreparably damaged.

With this in mind, they need to stand down before the are pushed, if only to clearly demonstrate that there is a genuine will for change and to manage the game we all love in a more equitable and transparent manner. Protecting their own interests in the way they have and to the detriment of the League they serve is inexcusable and needs addressing sooner rather than later. Parry should accept his pay-off and step aside without fuss, something he's been very happy to do on numerous occasions over the years.

34 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

I think there will be an independent regulator, a bit like OFWAT or OFCOM. 

We could call it (F)OFEFL.  

48 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Given that those adverts depend on your browsing history, I think we all know a bit more about Tyler's appearance. image.png.5a51297402a01fd08403fb0c359be82b.png

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think there will be an independent regulator, a bit like OFWAT or OFCOM. 

We could call it (F)OFEFL.  

Are you being mischievous here Angie as F-OF-EFL seems quite a cheeky acronym  ?

Edited by 86 Hair Islands