The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Self promotion

Lets be honest, its worked a treat.

Regular appearances in the media, trumpeting him as a 'football finance expert' despite the fact he tells you nothing that is already available in public domain if you can be bothered to look.

Wonder if he thought the problem was non compliance with FRS102, or just the fact we were using a different model?

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Why do RD entertain the bloke !

Good question!

IMO he had no desire to hurt Derby,  or make football a perfect place...he noticed something and wanted to say 'look at me, I'm right'. Maybe we are collateral damage of his ego as well as other people's!

He's got good publicity off the back of it, and you are right Radio Derby probably shouldn't fuel this almost self proclaimed 'football finance expert' angle,  but maybe he also seems to realise he has become part of a witch-hunt and maybe even could help adjust the balance now.

Edited by Chester40

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

What would your message to them be Kevin? 

I think we could focus on the following:

- the impact of the embargo and business plan on our young talent  (mental health concerns have been mentioned).

- I don’t think the 9 points can be revisited. But a coherent message on the Covid/P&S issue reflecting GoC’s expertise will highlight that we could have appealed the 12 points and the unfairness of the recent rule change. We can justifiably assert a duty of good faith requires the EFl to reopened the decision (but it’s not going to happen).   This could encourage leniency going forward

Parry’s responses to date make it clear he sees through Gibson’s antics. The EFL full timers have a lot to answer for here because part of their job is to make sure the board does not pursue the agenda of a powerful owner (contrary to their directors’ duties). We would have been sold many moons ago if the EFL had managed these issues properly. It doesn’t matter that it was not on Parry’s watch - the EFL full timers were weak and asleep at the wheel  

The frustration over the Football creditors point highlights the importance of the EFl insolvency policy. I don’t think anyone has seen the policy so the EFl analysis (which Q asserts ‘contravenes statute’) is hidden from us. EFl have provided that analysis to Q but it took quite a few days for them to do that, which suggests it is not straight forward. I think it’s worth quizzing them on the legal status of the insolvency policy and on their analysis because I think they are on uncertain ground - particularly given the EFL view the Gibbo claim was bogus

I think those are all issues where EFL is on the back foot and where pressure would improve the outcome for us. Ranting on about the disciplinary decisions and the EFL rules is senseless  The fact is,  the disciplinary decisions are made by independent adjudicators and as a club we’ve voted the rules through. And most posters don’t have a good grasp of those aspects anyway  

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

- I don’t think the 9 points can be revisited. But a coherent message on the Covid/P&S issue reflecting GoC’s expertise will highlight that we could have appealed the 12 points and the unfairness of the recent rule change.

Why not? The EFL are 'revisiting' it when they look over our submitted accounts?!

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why not? The EFL are 'revisiting' it when they look over our submitted accounts?!

Wasn't it an 'Agreed Decision' with no right of appeal?

To be fair, the figures posted by GOC make it look like we got off lightly on the points deduction side of things.

Not sure how much difference the Covid adjustments would make?

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Perhaps they might have promised MPs or Ministers they would respond. What an opportunity for us. We should be sending focused and concise messages that will move the dial when it comes to the business plan discussions. Not spleen venting unguided missiles 

You could share your messages to them with us, Kevin  - give us some idea of what you are sending.

Are you getting any more constructive replies than the rest of us?

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Wasn't it an 'Agreed Decision' with no right of appeal?

To be fair, the figures posted by GOC make it look like we got off lightly on the points deduction side of things.

Not sure how much difference the Covid adjustments would make?

"Can you confirm the status of the outstanding accounts which were due to be filed on 31st January? The administrators told us you had agreed an extension – can you confirm the new date? Could any further charges be brought based on the submission of those accounts?

*They are working with the Administrators and are not concerned over the submission of the accounts.

They have indicative figures which were the basis for the agreed penalties which were applied to DCFC. The administrators have assured them the figures in the restated accounts are consistent, and these are now being reviewed, if this is the case there will be no further penalties."

So if the EFL were potentially going to revisit the penalty points awarded - upwards! Why not downwards?

16 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I think they’ll refuse to revisit the 9 point s because of the precedent it sets. But if we impress on them the unfairness I think we’ll get a better outcome  overall 

Isn’t that what we are doing .

We are pointing out the unfairness of it all day after day mate .

It’s totally unfair what they have done to DCFC after excepting our accounts in the first place no matter how much they deny it and now it turns out K Maguire pointed certain things to them and they revisited it all .

I mean what a load of rubbish and then to top it all we won and they appealed 

Unbelievable 

PS Now they have to clarify the amortisation policy more or less saying that DCFC wasn’t going against the rules because they hadn’t defined it 

Edited by Curtains
Added

16 hours ago, Woodypecker said:

Couldn't you apply a straight-line amortisation yet still arrive at an end-of-contract value? Must the contract always arrive at £0.00? It doesn't work like that for business assets like plant, buildings, fixtures....

Buy a player for £3 million over a three-year contract, amortise him for £750k each year = £2,250 'depreciation'; £750 ERV

Out of all this, I still cannot see why a player's registration should be valueless at the end of a contract with his club. 

But then, this is football, sometimes 'beyond statute'.

Absolutely this. Amen

Footballers unless retiring should have a 'scrap value' applied when  contract runs out. Similar to a vehicle (my area of work) at end of working life. 

Then comes the arguments over how those scrap values are worked out. But not insurmountable.