The Administration Thread

Boycie

10 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Perhaps they might have promised MPs or Ministers they would respond. What an opportunity for us. We should be sending focused and concise messages that will move the dial when it comes to the business plan discussions. Not spleen venting unguided missiles 

No email from any fan or group thereof will 'move the dial'. It's incredibly naïve to even suggest as much. The purpose of the emails is simply to draw the EFL into open dialogue. In some regards, their position has been indefensible and as such, the more that any such 'arguments' are drawn into the public domain, the more likely it is that MPs and those who can exert a degree of influence will recognise the disingenuous nature of their actions and bring pressure to bear. By any standard, it's a more useful exercise than whining about other fans whilst doing nothing yourself.

55 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I think they're responding because unlike yourself, they don't regard said correspondence as spleen-venting, unguided missiles at all. It seems that possibility has eluded your thinking completely which in all likelihood, will surprise very few DCFC forum members, if any at all.

Since you've raised the 'issue', perhaps you might wish to consider why it is that they are happy to engage with us spleen-venters while you, a purported DCFC supporter sit idly by doing nothing more than making blithe assumptions on their behalf and patronising the entire forum in the process.

Enough of this bland back and forth, just say what you mean.....?

I think 'someone's' patience has gone...

3 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

No email from any fan or group thereof will 'move the dial'. It's incredibly naïve to even suggest as much. The purpose of the emails is simply to draw the EFL into open dialogue. In some regards, their position has been indefensible and as such, the more that any such 'arguments' are drawn into the public domain, the more likely it is that MPs and those who can exert a degree of influence will recognise the disingenuous nature of their actions and bring pressure to bear. By any standard, it's a more useful exercise than whining about other fans whilst doing nothing yourself.

Its also providing them plenty of rope to hang themselves with.

The more they can be coaxed into telling lies and highlighting their own failures, the more the pressure us going to be ramped up on them.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Its also providing them plenty of rope to hang themselves with.

The more they can be coaxed into telling lies and highlighting their own failures, the more the pressure us going to be ramped up on them.

Moving the debate. 

Can you remember how Mel suggested that TV money etc could be better distributed or something to that effect and was promoting RamsTV .

Mel was concerned about the pyramid in the game. .

What did the EFL do to DCFC after that other than go after us. 

11 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

And fining DCFC  £100,000 for the pleasure along with points deductions that goes someway to offset costs 

PS Spending Millions of pounds ?

What about the money you receive from fining clubs left right and center and the money Derby have spent defending themselves and the money you have cost DCFC in lost revenue 

Edited by Curtains
Added

10 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Its all just so disingenuous.

If the problem the Independent Disciplinary Commission conducted their proceedings then surely they should have been told that and reconvened. 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Its all just so disingenuous.

If the problem the Independent Disciplinary Commission conducted their proceedings then surely they should have been told that and reconvened. 

I said I wouldn't come on here again today. But yes, exactly. The IDC should have been reconvened  (if both parties agreed), or else a complete reconsideration of the charge from the start, with witnesses called again. Otherwise not only is the appeal panel making a judgment on accounting matters (which despite what Parry says , is exactly what they did) it is also not being fair to Derby who didn't have a right of appeal.    

And he is protesting too much about the rule change . They are in deep trouble, but i wil keep my powder dry on that for now.

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

I said I wouldn't come on here again today. But yes, exactly. The IDC should have been reconvened  (if both parties agreed), or else a complete reconsideration of the charge from the start, with witnesses called again. Otherwise not only is the appeal panel making a judgment on accounting matters (which despite what Parry says , is exactly what they did) it is also not being fair to Derby who didn't have a right of appeal.    

And he is protesting too much about the rule change . They are in deep trouble, but i wil keep my powder dry on that for now.

Spot on.

If the LAP were not making a judgement then on what basis were we required to resubmit the accounts?

Parrys logic is that we were made ro resubmit the accounts because the IDC did not listen to Professor Pope?

17 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Give him enough rope......

I just can't believe how much scrutiny he is opening them up to.

The IDC ruled we were compliant with FRS102. Parry is saying that the LAP did not rule on it. So the question he must answer is...on what basis were DCFC ordered to resubmit their accounts, using a rule (which they have since confirmed) was not in place?

26 minutes ago, Curtains said:

And fining DCFC  £100,000 for the pleasure along with points deductions that goes someway to offset costs 

PS Spending Millions of pounds ?

What about the money you receive from fining clubs left right and center and the money Derby have spent defending themselves and the money you have cost DCFC in lost revenue 

How about simply insisting Derby desist from using ERV policies in 2017/18 when this situation first arose. Had their checks and balances team done their jobs when reviewing the first set of accounts where residual values were used, there'd have been no need for two years of costly litigation. When Maguire first emailed them to highlight Derby's accounts, they wrote back stating they could not comment on said accounts (despite them being in the public domain) and that they perform 'multiple checks' themselves, the implication being that the didn't need his advice. They even suggesting he contact the team responsible himself if he wished to pursue the matter further! It is their staggering incompetence that led to millions being spent, though getting Parry to admit as much is a thankless task. 

2 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

How about simply insisting Derby desist from using ERV policies in 2017/18 when this situation first arose. Had their checks and balances team done their jobs when reviewing the first set of accounts where residual values were used, there'd have been no need for two years of costly litigation. When Maguire first emailed them to highlight Derby's accounts, they wrote back stating they could not comment on said accounts (despite them being in the public domain) and that they perform 'multiple checks' themselves, the implication being that the didn't need his advice. They even suggesting he contact the team responsible himself if he wished to pursue the matter further! It is their staggering incompetence that led to millions being spent, though getting Parry to admit as much is a thankless task. 

What was Maguires agenda for highlighting this !