The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

m having real trouble reconciling your last sentence with the previous ones, where you openly say that the panels are deciding cases based on what they think the best outcome for the league would be, not the actual facts at hand...

If you’re a magistrate looking at road traffic offences you might well apply the rules (maybe even stretch them) with a eye to the purpose of the rules. So you’re more likely to convict people who show a disregard for public safety, whatever the black letter of the law may say. This is no different - the purpose of the EFL rule book is to have well functioning league. If our amortisation policy upends the FFP level playing field then there’s a danger we lose the case even if that upsets the accounting purists. 

Nothing corrupt about that 

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That's how it appears, but as the governing body for the League, it should be their responsibility to ensure the regulations are obeyed. In this instance blocked the claims.

The problem is, the arbitration rules cover the EFL too - member clubs can use it to challenge EFL decisions etc.  So you can't have the case where the EFL can just block arbitration claims, as they'd be simultaneously above the law and also subject to it.  So if they block a clubs claims, all that would happen is the member club would challenge the EFL's decision and it would end up at arbitration anyway...

12 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

At last! I have a Eureka moment by finally listening to something wholly sensible that Simon Jordan has to say. About Mel's offer, to the parasites and the EFL, he says this:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mel-morris-Derby-gibson-jordan-6616193

It is interesting and Mel has made a bold move to "Flush out" MFC and WW claim, if MFC and WW are so confident of their claim why wouldnt they take is to the High Cout, its a resonable question

However it does raise another question for Mel, if he is so confident that he has the evidence to defeat the  MFC and WW claim why doesnt  he offer the new owners an indemnity agains MFC and WW claim. The indemnity should allow the Administrators to move on the PB.

My own opinion on this is, Mel might fancy his chances in the evidential process of the High Court but is less confident in the EFL Arbitration process, I share his concerns 

14 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

If you’re a magistrate looking at road traffic offences you might well apply the rules (maybe even stretch them) with a eye to the purpose of the rules. So you’re more likely to convict people who show a disregard for public safety, whatever the black letter of the law may say. This is no different - the purpose of the EFL rule book is to have well functioning league. If our amortisation policy upends the FFP level playing field then there’s a danger we lose the case even if that upsets the accounting purists. 

I'd say that's 100% corrupt, or at least an utterly insane way to run an organisation. If you want to argue that the EFL should change rules after someone has fond a loophole, to stop it being exploited in the future, then fine. But you are basically arguing that the EFL should be able to retrospectively change the rules at any given time and punish clubs for having broken them before they were changed.

You may as well argue that a magistrate can fine drivers purely for doing 30mph in a 30-zone because it's near a school and he thinks they should be doing 20.

On 24/12/2021 at 15:38, Tyler Durden said:

I reckon it'll be Sam Rush....who then comes back offers a consultancy role to Mel Morris then fires him....taking over control of the club just a charade for him to extract his revenge. 

"DCFC was previously on sale at a higher price for at least 28 days in the last six months................."

24 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I’ve got it, you’re after a job at the EFL right?

55 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I agree absolutely but I think Seth Johnson may take a much more lenient view of Ridsdale than we do. When Derby accepted Leeds' offer for Seth, he drove straight up to Elland Road with his agent. Seth was on £7k a week at Derby. On the way up, his agent told him that he would try to negotiate for up to £14k a week at Leeds. On arrival at Elland Road, the receptionist told them to go straight up to the board room where Mr Ridsdale was awaiting them.

They walked straight in to find Ridsdale with the prepared contract on the table. Ridsdale greeted them by saying "Gentlemen, the offer is £37k a week for four and a half years, is that okay?. Seth was fearful of causing himself an injury as he raced to the table to pick up the pen and sign."

I heard a slightly different and funnier version.

Not sure of the figures involved so I'll use the ones you quote.

The agent and Seth had agreed to try and get £14k per week.

They sat down opposite Ridsdale who offered them £28k. Surprised that it was double what they had hoped to negotiate, Seth and his agent looked around at eachother.

Ridsdale misunderstanding their body language snapped: "ok £37k but that's my final offer".

28 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

This is one of the most ludicrous things I've read on this thread. And I've read that post by Geoff talking about his missus in bed...

16 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I'd say that's 100% corrupt, or at least an utterly insane way to run an organisation. If you want to argue that the EFL should change rules after someone has fond a loophole, to stop it being exploited in the future, then fine. But you are basically arguing that the EFL should be able to retrospectively change the rules at any given time and punish clubs for having broken them before they were changed.

You may as well argue that a magistrate can fine drivers purely for doing 30mph in a 30-zone because it's near a school and he thinks they should be doing 20.

Also, magistrates don't do this. They are actually tediously predictable in their application of the rules, and rely utterly on their clerks to tell them what the law says they should do and why. And rightly so. 

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I agree absolutely but I think Seth Johnson may take a much more lenient view of Ridsdale than we do. When Derby accepted Leeds' offer for Seth, he drove straight up to Elland Road with his agent. Seth was on £7k a week at Derby. On the way up, his agent told him that he would try to negotiate for up to £14k a week at Leeds. On arrival at Elland Road, the receptionist told them to go straight up to the board room where Mr Ridsdale was awaiting them.

They walked straight in to find Ridsdale with the prepared contract on the table. Ridsdale greeted them by saying "Gentlemen, the offer is £37k a week for four and a half years, is that okay?. Seth was fearful of causing himself an injury as he raced to the table to pick up the pen and sign."

When Leeds went bust, Ridsale's mitigation was that he was a fan living the dream which Mel has echoed himself since it all  went wrong for us.

When Ken Bates took over he fumed at the fact that Seth was prepared to see out his contract in Leeds reserve team which he did until he returned to us on a Bosman. I heard Seth telling that story in a pub at Mickleover when he returned to play for us.

I wonder if Mel has any pretensions of ruling the roost in the EFL at some time in the future?

??

We heard from those ITK in the Neptune, That Seth was offered £30k a week, His agent asked for 5mins, As they were walking out Ridsdale threw another £7k on the table, Seth still couldn't believe his good fortune.

Didn't bates keep Seth on 49 games to stop us getting around £250k for 50 appearences?

12 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I heard a slightly different and funnier version.

Not sure of the figures involved so I'll use the ones you quote.

The agent and Seth had agreed to try and get £14k per week.

They sat down opposite Ridsdale who offered them £28k. Surprised that it was double what they had hoped to negotiate, Seth and his agent looked around at eachother.

Ridsdale misunderstanding their body language snapped: "ok £37k but that's my final offer".

Yeah that’s the version I heard.

and then after steering Leeds onto the rocks , Ridsdale went onto even further financial mess so bad with his later directorships that he was banned for 10 years from acting as a Director.

ideal qualifications for sitting on the EFL Board.