The Administration Thread

Boycie

Wow.

It might have taken a while but that letter from MM is a massive FU to the EFL and the other clubs.

It forces their hands massively and if they reject it, will have serious consequences on what their intentions are or for the EFL.

A solution is on the table. If Boro want their pound of flesh, Mel is offering it to them given he is that confident of winning.

You also have to say, the EFL look completely incompetent.

7 minutes ago, David said:

Wow. Speechless. 

Over to you EFL, Boro and Wycombe. Let us go and challenge this in the high court personally against Mel. 

If you don’t accept, why not?

This offer will show if the claims really are against Mel or just a vindictive go at the club, i don`t think they will take up the offer from Mel and will continue to try to finish us .

Sorry for the negativity but i don`t trust all three of the duckety duck ducks as far as i could chuck em .

11 minutes ago, David said:

Wow. Speechless. 

Over to you EFL, Boro and Wycombe. Let us go and challenge this in the high court personally against Mel. 

If you don’t accept, why not?

Backed them both into a corner now. If they refuse it’s blatantly clear they want to see this club go under. They’ve been offered a chance to get their money, why would they care where from? 

EFL Timeline

• EFL state that they can’t get involved in the claims between MFC & WWFC and DCFC
  • Administrators hope to name a preferred bidder by end of December
  • End of December the EFL suddenly announce that the claims from MFC & WWFC need to be dealt with before we can come out of administration
  • The transfer window opens Jan 1st
  • Other clubs start moaning that we won’t accept low bids for our players
  • EFL puts us under another embargo
  • Baldock, Jagielka cannot have contract extensions, Reigning player of the year Shinnie is sold for the price of a family car
  • The EFL will not rule on the claims from MFC & WWFC being football or non-football debt meaning bidders will not take on the risk
  • Eventually other players start to leave the DCFC right up to the transfer deadline – Dylan Williams, Luke Plange & the transfer window closes – no players come in & the prospect of a miraculous escape for relegation threatened Derby are severely dented
  • Days later, the EFL suddenly decides that they will make a decision & it’s that the potential claims from MFC & WWFC would be football creditors
  • DCFC players out of contract in the Summer are able to sign pre-contract agreements elsewhere eg Ebosele

Is this all by EFL design or not – you decide

Edited by SamUltraRam

10 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Well this is good news. I’m sure there will be a meeting in a dimly lit Tesco car park tonight between Rick and Steve( after the Utd game) to discuss how the EFL can “Refuse “ this offer.

Whilst loving Mel’s challenge (at last), maybe he needed the EFL to make their position clear, before coming out fighting.

Does concern me they will do something similar to your suggestion, along the lines they are pursuing the debt against Derby County F.C for football breaches; not Mel Morris as an individual.

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

Not sure Dorsett is correct in saying MM has agreed to 'settle' the claims of the 2 parasite clubs. To me, his statement indicates that he will take over these claims and probably challenge them in the High Court.

No doubt the EFL will find some ruling to stop this from happening - probably working on the assumption that Morris still has the financial clout to mount a legal challenge, more so than the administrators who are seemingly having to watch every penny.