The Administration Thread

Boycie

10 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

If you want pure speculation, Appleby offer comes with conditions due to the Boro and Wycombe claims. So Ashley has come in , balls on table with a no strings attached offer and will see Gibson and Couhig in Court. Which has upset Gibson no end. ITG (In the Guess).   

Seems like my guess might be correct!

20 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Worst outcome: liquidation 

Next worst: Cashley

If Ashley did buy the club, his minimum target would be PL football, because it's the only way he'd get his money back. 

The downside would be if he decided to throw all the good stuff that has been achieved by Rooney and Co this season. 

He does at least have the funds to take on Wycombe and Boro if he chooses to. 

Edited by Crewton

If it's Ashley or the club dies then obviously we go with Ashley. But I don't believe the situation is like that. I firmly believe we will have an owner. If that is the case, then I'd rather it not be Ashley. Newcastle fans have warned us. He may well get the club stable but then what? Years of mediocrity, awful player recruitment and managerial appointments.

Multiple sources reporting Ashley is in with a bid could mean there is some truth to it. I know he wasn’t popular at Newcastle, however he has the wealth and the experience to steady this particular sinking ship. If he is able to deliver some stability and security after years of the Morris rollercoaster I’d take that.