The Administration Thread

Boycie

Mail online gives a very bleak outlook on the takeover.

Drained any remaining hope I had

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10379059/Derby-County-consortium-led-former-chairman-Andy-Appleby-pole-position-club.html?ito=email_share_article-masthead'>Read full story</a> 

Edited by StrawHillRam

4 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Yeah it’s not even worth reading is it tbh. Anything that says ‘a source’ loses any credibility and oh it’s the mail so there wasn’t any anyway. 

6 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Now, if this had come from The Star, The Sun or Daily Sport I'd have believed it. 

7 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

That is does but it's typical Daily Fail negative reporting.  Having just read it myself there's nothing in there I can see that we didn't already know, and if we know it, then the Admins and any prospective buyers will know. It's just more negative regurgitation of the same old crud in my view. 

It's Friday, end of my work week, so for now I'm focusing on Wayne's message that he's had the answers he needs on the squad, he can make proper plans, he can re-sign players and he hopefully even has someone new coming in. 

2 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

That is does but it's typical Daily Fail negative reporting.  Having just read it myself there's nothing in there I can see that we didn't already know, and if we know it, then the Admins and any prospective buyers will know. It's just more negative regurgitation of the same old crud in my view. 

It's Friday, end of my work week, so for now I'm focusing on Wayne's message that he's had the answers he needs on the squad, he can make proper plans, he can re-sign players and he hopefully even has someone new coming in. 

Thanks for giving me some hope back

17 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

When was the last time that absolute atrocity of a news outlet printed something positive about Derby? That rag is an absolute stain on the world of journalism, which given how some journalism is conducted is going some.

16 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Well it hasn’t drained my hope, but I would say it is a pretty realistic summation of the current position. Mail confirming what Nixon previously said - Appleby only offering £30m for the the Football Club. I doubt it would be much more, where I am presuming there might be an additional deal being negotiated with Morris/MSD to get the stadium back in the Club’s control too.

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Well it hasn’t drained my hope, but I would say it is a pretty realistic summation of the current position. Mail confirming what Nixon previously said - Appleby only offering £30m for the the Football Club. I doubt it would be much more, where I am presuming there might be an additional deal being negotiated with Morris/MSD to get the stadium back in the Club’s control too.

It's just pointing out the truth.

There's a reason a former chairman is the only serious bidder left. 

There's a lot to do after a preferred bidder is named. 

The administrators are still considering the offer with a view to the creditors. 

We could still go bust. 

Honestly don't know why people are getting their knickers in a twist about it. 

Edited by Norman

We will not go bust. We will not pay those Bamfords Boro or Wycombe a single penny.

The article from the Mail is probably right on Appleby being only bidder left and the offer isn’t what Quantuma wanted, but everything else is over sensationalised negative baalocks - the Daily Fail’s speciality 

Now the real negotiations start and what is left at play is when we can secure creditors agreement or if it’s a restructuring plan which will mean further budget constraints and points deductions in the future. 

Quantuma said they were 95% certain we would avoid liquidation, they never made any promises or commitments that we would be exiting administration with a CVA, although clearly that is the desired outcome. 

10 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

When was the last time that absolute atrocity of a news outlet printed something positive about Derby? That rag is an absolute stain on the world of journalism, which given how some journalism is conducted is going some.

When did it ever print anything newsworthy?

Problem is a lot of idiots read the crappy rag and even worse believe the poo. ?

Edited by Grumpy Git

5 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Thanks for giving me some hope back

There's always hope.  No-one is under the illusion it's an easy deal, it's not,  it's a complete nightmare.  BUT, it's completely out of our control, and focusing on all the negative stuff won't do any of us any good.  What will be, will be. Focus on the positive stuff, how the team are playing, the blooding and development of our youth, the incredible role models pulling on a Derby shirt week in, week out with the likes of Davis, CKR and Jags showing the likes of Thompson and Plange how it's done. It's no coincidence these guys, along with Rooney's coaching are developing into brilliant young players. 

Have a great weekend ?