The Administration Thread

Boycie

17 minutes ago, Miggins said:

I think it was something with 7's in it! 737? ?

12 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

That'll be the one ?

737 would be a good formation for us to play next season, I’m sure no one would notice.

On second thoughts that’s 17 players and we don’t have that many.?

20 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

Good to hear, I don't think we'll see too much of Clowes in the public arena.

Pedant mode - I don't believe British Midland had any 747s ?

I hope we do hear from him even if it’s only via RamsTV. We should know our new owner.

We are likely to have a difficult first part of the season - new manager (even if it is LR), new players (hopefully), budget restrictions, new division against new teams and different styles of play. It’s not beyond the bounds of possibility that the goodwill towards him and the players lessens; it’s not impossible that we have difficult spells of results. Those are the times when the club’s leaders need to be visible and vocal. Liam might need the pressure taking off him. 

1 hour ago, Miggins said:

I don't know whether this has been posted or not, but there was an interview this morning on Radio Derby with several of the people David Clowes worked with when he was a Captain flying 747's.

They said that he was the complete opposite to our previous owner.  Comments included was that he 'was one of the nicest men  ever met.'  'Nothing was too much trouble for him.' He still enjoys flying. 'He was an absolute gentleman' and 'a thoroughly good man.'  'No airs and graces'. 'Genuinely nice man.' 'Loved the cups of tea I made for him.' 'Brilliant pilot'.

One of his ex-colleagues said that having spent his early days on the terraces at the Baseball Ground, he'll find it hard if he can't watch the games from the terraces any more.

I thought it was nice to hear what those who have previously worked with him thought about him. Seems he was highly liked and regarded.

I hope that all of this augers well. I'm certainly encouraged by how fast we are moving to a conclusion and his dignified silence so far.

He doesn't seem to be an egotist or the kind of person to mess us about.

4 minute listen if anyone wants the link...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0chcr6n?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile