The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, BuckoBeast said:

I might be being stupid. So he’s purchased the stadium and agreed a loan for securing the immediate future, where does it say he’ll submit a bid for the club. He’s not the stop gap right 

Edited by maxjam
Pffft, beaten to it. Delete plz mods

11 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Does Clowes buying the stadium put Ashley completely out of the picture? I understand he is only interested in buying the club if the stadium is part of the deal, so unless Clowes is willing to sell it immediately (which wouldn't make much sense) then Ashley has missed the boat.

MM is out of the picture presumably

Apart from that, I think all the DC development means for sure is that we will see a deal very soon. 

Not wishing to put a dampener on things, I'm still holding off on my celebrations. We were led to believe that clowes was purchasing the stadium anyway to lease back to the club. And we've seen / heard noises about a deal being all but done (CK signing and exchanging contracts) and continually suffering more heart ache. I hope that this will get us over the line and we can sort Rooney and rosenior contracts out, start signing players and prepare for season start ?

What good news. Morris no longer has any say in the way forward of our great club.

MSD should be fully repaid too as part of the deal, and whilst we will never know the ins and outs it should be acknowledged that they hung tough for us, advancing further monies when they had easier pathways to achieve debt repayment.

Thank you to the Clowes group in securing our foundations, and now hopefully they, and any other investors they want to work with, can start the rebuild that is necessary after Morris’s almost total demolition of the Club.

4 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

I might be being stupid. So he’s purchased the stadium and agreed a loan for securing the immediate future, where does it say he’ll submit a bid for the club. He’s not the stop gap right 

Says it in lines 4 and 5.

Elsewhere it says he’ll submit a bid today. Two things on that - it means they’ve been working on the bid for a while to submit it today and secondly that it still has to be approved, by creditors and by the courts, presumably. So not a done deal but hopefully Q will know what will be acceptable and will have been guiding the bid creation. Huge step forward therefore. 
It’ll be interesting to see what we are allowed to do regarding players and how quickly. By the sounds of it the EFL have been part of the discussions and will have signed up to the plans. 
Still wouldn’t be surprised if others join him in the future.

30 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I didn't realise how much this was affecting me. I was convinced I wasn't that bothered. I've lost my grandmother last week and have other issues and thought there were more important things in life.

I'm not too ashamed or masculine to admit that after reading those Clowes press release snippets on Twitter, I realised my eyes had welled-up a little and I have let out a massive sigh. I now want to have a celebratory drink and put this nightmare behind me.

I am however realistic enough to know that the football side could well be a struggle for a few years, and I have no expectations, but to know that my home-city club, a club I followed home and away for most of my adult life, a club that I committed thousands of pounds to over the years, a club that has made me laugh, smile, groan and sob, will continue to exist means a lot to me personally.

Cheers boys and girls.

Good shout Mostyn, I've been in the same boat where I've lost family members this last 2 years, Covid when we couldn't go, And last season when I couldn't be arsed to go most of the time, Now I believe we have a duty to support this great club of ours once again, PP will be buzzing again in a few weeks time.

COYRs

2 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

Not wishing to put a dampener on things, I'm still holding off on my celebrations. We were led to believe that clowes was purchasing the stadium anyway to lease back to the club. And we've seen / heard noises about a deal being all but done (CK signing and exchanging contracts) and continually suffering more heart ache. I hope that this will get us over the line and we can sort Rooney and rosenior contracts out, start signing players and prepare for season start ?

For a change, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised 

35 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I didn't realise how much this was affecting me. I was convinced I wasn't that bothered. I've lost my grandmother last week and have other issues and thought there were more important things in life.

I'm not too ashamed or masculine to admit that after reading those Clowes press release snippets on Twitter, I realised my eyes had welled-up a little and I have let out a massive sigh. I now want to have a celebratory drink and put this nightmare behind me.

I am however realistic enough to know that the football side could well be a struggle for a few years, and I have no expectations, but to know that my home-city club, a club I followed home and away for most of my adult life, a club that I committed thousands of pounds to over the years, a club that has made me laugh, smile, groan and sob, will continue to exist means a lot to me personally.

Cheers boys and girls.

So sorry to hear about your loss. 

This post doesn't half sum up how important football clubs are to the cities and towns of this country, the local and regional communities that invest their hard earned cash for what in the main is the very odd moment of celebration.

People who don't like football will never be able to understand the emotion that is wrapped up within the love of a football club and it is so much more than a game. It is a way of life, a chance to move focus from the grinds of daily life, a chance to spend time with family and friends cheering on your team. To have that close to being taken away is really tough, and I've experienced that a couple of times with OUFC.

And yes, football will kick you in the b@lls more often than not, but it is all so worth it for those stoppage time winners, those local derby 3 points and the moments you can share with 1000s of your fellow supporters.

Edited by CaptainOx

3 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

Big Bad Bob

Relax it’s all going to be ok 

1 minute ago, Big Bad Bob said:

Celebrate the small wins, Pride Park has changed hands meaning Morris is no longer the owner. It also means MSD’s loans/security are potentially sorted and not hanging round the club’s neck. String it out like a birthday celebration, have a small celebration tonight with nearest and dearest, then maybe another with the workmates when we offer contracts, then a big party with balloons and that when a takeover is finalised, that’s my plan anyway, now where did I put my Rams Tiara….