The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

With little potential to make any return on investment, realistically. The only chance any club has of turning a profit is by being in the Premier League, to acquire the club, and get us two promotions is going to take an extremely high investment in time and capital, and if any club should know that there is no guarantee of it working, it's Derby. Very tough sell. 

It must be one of the least attractive purchases in football. 

What annoys me though is how long it takes to find out who's serious, how long it takes to go down the road before they're like "nah" 

100% it's a complex process but how many hours does it take to find out who's real, who's fake, how much it costs and where do I sign. 

Hundreds and hundreds of hours apparently. 

CK got exclusivity because what? He might have had the money? He offered "reassurances". 

You would think that for how slowly we go down every road that no stone would be left unturned. But here we are turning around because we may have missed our turn. 

I guess it's way beyond my understanding but I just can't grasp how the urgency doesn't seem to weigh on anybody. 

Rome wasn't built in a day. Imagine if these lot were on that job. We'd all be on a very different forum right now.

2 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

What is this Ed Dawes crap about "6-8 bidders". How's can then there be 6 to 8? It's either 6, 7 or 8 bidders. Be specific if you're so bloody ITK

Sky Sports saying  at least 4 interested 

Edited by rsmini

You have got to question the administraters choice with CK. Did they ever have proper proof of funds with him. This story of bank holidays in USA & UK followed by the Money Laundry Association doing their checks all now seems a blanket for him to give him time to raise funds elsewhere. Looks like we've had our 3rd tyre kicker sniffing around the club and more time wasted.

4 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

They probably weren't aware of the complexities until after taking over,they may have been duped by the previous owner as everyone else has.

Well you were aware of the complexities, so was I. They wrote a report recommending administration, so it’s fair to assume they had better information than we did. So they were probably aware of more complexities than us   

2 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I’m starting to get a bit nervous. MA is clear favourite but will be in dispute with the admins until liquidation. I don’t see any way forward unless someone comes in last minute 

Quantuma and MA are so far apart it's difficult to see how they could negotiate a deal. Presumably that leaves Appleby who has been around for a long time but apparently not put forward a viable bid for consideration. Perhaps if Appleby does get a deal, we can all wake up and it's been a dream (nightmare)..... Nigel Clough is still manager and the Rams are blissfully clinging onto Championship mid table mediocrity. Halcyon days ?? 

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

Well you were aware of the complexities, so was I. They wrote a report recommending administration, so it’s fair to assume they had better information than we did. So they were probably aware of more complexities than us   

Yes but not what different MM companies were involved,trying to unravel a spiders web.MM knew about Boro before administration yet Quantuma seemed surprised by it,did he tell them,i wonder.

We don't honestly know if other appointed administrators would have been any better.

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It must be one of the least attractive purchases in football. 

What annoys me though is how long it takes to find out who's serious, how long it takes to go down the road before they're like "nah" 

100% it's a complex process but how many hours does it take to find out who's real, who's fake, how much it costs and where do I sign. 

Hundreds and hundreds of hours apparently. 

CK got exclusivity because what? He might have had the money? He offered "reassurances". 

You would think that for how slowly we go down every road that no stone would be left unturned. But here we are turning around because we may have missed our turn. 

I guess it's way beyond my understanding but I just can't grasp how the urgency doesn't seem to weigh on anybody. 

Rome wasn't built in a day. Imagine if these lot were on that job. We'd all be on a very different forum right now.

No bidder wants to go first. They want to leave it to a minute to midnight so they can sweep in for the very best deal they can get. @CBX1985 made a very good point in pushing for a time limit. It's the only thing that is going to drag people to the table to discover whether they're serious or not. 

The people who have been running to the front have been the two joke candidates in Erik Alonso and Bin Zayed, and Kirchner who came across as fairly naieve in the end. I think the more serious candidates would need something to bring them to actually make a decision.