The Administration Thread

Boycie

39 minutes ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

Doesn't make it acceptable just because people throughout history have exploited other people. Personally I don't want Ashley and if he owns the club I will not got to matches. Just my own little stand against a man whose business model I don't like. I left DW sports when he took it over. Sometimes you have to make a stand. I didn't go to matches when Robert Maxwell owned the club either. If other people support him that's fine,  that's their choice.

Likewise, and ultimately that's why we won't end up with Ashley, he's tainted. Some of the stuff that CK had had to deal with would be chicken feed, and the abuse to Ashley would be far more public. Won't happen.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Yeah. Get rich by exploiting other people. It's the British way.  The empire was built on it. ?

Rule Britannia....?

In quite a few peoples lifetime there was wholesale slavery and genocide happening in Europe to other European’s,by another European country, and it’s doesn’t seem to bother people driving, BMW’s, Mercedes Benz, VWs, and Audi’s. 

Kirchner may or may not pull it out of the fire. I doubt it, but like everyone else on here, I've nothing substantive to go on.

If he doesn't, and Mike Ashley steps in, with or without a 15 point deduction, I welcome him with open arms. Anyone virtue signalling about not going to games if he's in charge needs to give their head a wobble. He's a businessman in retail, possibly the most savage sector there is, and he's amazingly good at it. He's not trying to win popularity contests in his professional life.

How do you think he stacks up in the morality stakes of owners in the 92? Mid-table? Certainly more reputable than they've got down the road, or at his old club, or Man City, or (depending on your point of view) at Stoke. The list goes on.

You'd rather we went under? Well you can foxtrot oscar.

Edited by Needlesh

2 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Kirchner may or may not pull it out of the fire. I doubt it, but like everyone else on here, I've nothing substantive to go on.

If he doesn't, and Mike Ashley steps in, with or without a 15 point deduction, I welcome him with open arms. Anyone virtue signalling about not going to games if he's in charge needs to give their head a wobble. He's a businessman in retail, possibly the most savage sector there is, and he's amazingly good at it. He's not trying to win popularity contests in his professional life.

How do you think he stacks up in the morality stakes of owners in the 92? Mid-table? Certainly more reputable that they've got down the road, or at his old club, or Man City, or (depending on your point of view) at Stoke. The list goes on.

I'm sure he will endear himself to fans if we end up with his offer providing us with yet another points deduction. Talk about making a poor first impression.

Edited by Andicis

1 minute ago, Needlesh said:

How do you think he stacks up in the morality stakes of owners in the 92? Mid-table? Certainly more reputable that they've got down the road, or at his old club, or Man City, or (depending on your point of view) at Stoke. The list goes on.

Don't think he plunders pension funds either? #COYR

Just want this over soon and a future to look forward to next season. #COYR

1 minute ago, Needlesh said:

I think CK will complete the deal and hope he does but like you nothing substantive. But again like you if he doesnt, I will welcome and support whoever does buy us (unless somehow MM) especially if it can be done quickly, as the alternative is devastating. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not sure how you can even mention the word slavery in the same breath as this. 

You brought up "slavery" not me.

I said I didn't like Ashley's employment practices and the phrase I used was "exploiting other people to get rich". Not all exploitation is slavery.

My first post was in response to you praising Ashley for getting rich and telling another poster they shouldn't criticise him until they were equally wealthy.

25 minutes ago, Mckram said:

To be fair to MA, he had no idea that they even did the searches out of their working hours and as soon as he knew he put it right.

I’m not just saying this from things I’ve read either, I worked for him and saw it first hand. 

I have had contracts from then SDI (now Frasers group) and i have to say i have had now problems with being paid on time. Also in my limited dealings with their management i can assure you that they all seem a happy and contented bunch and a joy to liaise with.

Just now, CBRammette said:

I think CK will complete the deal and hope he does but like you nothing substantive. But again like you if he doesnt, I will welcome and support whoever does buy us (unless somehow MM) especially if it can be done quickly, as the alternative is devastating. 

You have no limits other than not MM?

Abramovich? Saudi's?

Trying to buy the club with make believe money is always going to be tricky.

How do you convince someone that something you can’t see or touch is real and has value?

I certainly have no idea what crypto currency is and would not trust it not to vanish into to thin air. In fact I believe I am wrong. Maybe it exists in the gaps in between thin air…or maybe it doesn’t.

Edited by 24Charlie

2 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

How do you convince someone that something you can’t see or touch is real and has value?

Shares? Your pension? Facebook? Value is just what other people may think something is worth, whether it's physical or not is irrelevant!

7 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

You brought up "slavery" not me.

I said I didn't like Ashley's employment practices and the phrase I used was "exploiting other people to get rich". Not all exploitation is slavery.

My first post was in response to you praising Ashley for getting rich and telling another poster they shouldn't criticise him until they were equally wealthy.

You've redacted virtually all of my original post and replied to a very selective part of it but OK. 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

The world we live in, how difficult is it to be 'ethical', 'moral' whatever towards our Club owners? 

Did you bank with the (ethical) Co-op Bank in another time when poo hit the fan?

Of course, you're correct it is extremely difficult to be ethical (and I fail miserably) but that shouldn't stop anyone from striving towards that goal - in all aspects of their life.

7 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Trying to buy the club with make believe money is always going to be tricky.

I certainly have no idea what crypto currency is and would not trust it not to vanish into to thin air. In fact I believe I am wrong. Maybe it exists in the gaps in between thin air…or maybe it doesn’t.

billy ray cyrus drugs GIF by Still The King

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

That statement is so full of generalisations it's untrue. 

Ashley seems to get slagged for running low cost business models, well fair play to him if that's how he's made his pile. 

When you've accumulated an amount of wealth equivalent to Ashley's then I guess you will be in a position to criticise. 

My response to your original post.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Yeah. Get rich by exploiting other people. It's the British way.  The empire was built on it. ?

Rule Britannia....?

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You've redacted virtually all of my original post and replied to a very selective part of it but OK.