The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

Can anyone explain to me why Chelsea can get a £4.25 billion sale from an owner who is embargoed due to an international war over the line in a fraction of the time it is taking around £55 million pounds of Derby County to be agreed and finalised?

Probably because their former owner did not tie the corporate structure in knots which are incredibly difficult to unravel, they have assets and cash, huge premier/champions league future income sources, they have not played Boro or Wycombe in their recent past, said owner has had no say in the process and probably more importantly they are not in the EFL, who as we know do everything to help their members.

Its a good job though Angie as no other fans have suffered like Chelsea for the last 12 weeks. not sure how they would have coped with a 13th week as they need to get on with squad changes for next season! Seriously the position on this taken by the media has annoyed me more than I could ever put in words

4 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

I don’t know. It was Reported in the media that Wayne was on £100k a week as a player. Then took a wage drop to £50k a week to be manager . You may have a better insight than I have .

I thought 32r subbed a healthy slug of WR’s salary ? 

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

No doubt you'll be crying if we don't hear anything by the end of Friday...

It's 6 days until the EFL's deadline and Q's target day 

If a deal for the stadium is concluded by the end of Friday, as needed, then no doubt we will hear something. 

I won't cry if we don't hear anything by the end of Friday, but i know it won't be good news.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Can anyone explain to me why Chelsea can get a £4.25 billion sale from an owner who is embargoed due to an international war over the line in a fraction of the time it is taking around £55 million pounds of Derby County to be agreed and finalised?

The Russian relinquished ownership of Chelsea and put it in the hands of a trust, The Premier League and the FA with the help of the Government made sure that a club the size and with the financial clout of new owners and live in the capital wouldn't go to the wall, The £4.25 billion paid will go to help those in Ukraine at some point.

Chelsea seen as a fashionable London based football club

Derby County seen as...not that important

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

Probably because their former owner did not tie the corporate structure in knots which are incredibly difficult to unravel, they have assets and cash, huge premier/champions league future income sources, they have not played Boro or Wycombe in their recent past, said owner has had no say in the process and probably more importantly they are not in the EFL, who as we know do everything to help their members.

Its a good job though Angie as no other fans have suffered like Chelsea for the last 12 weeks. not sure how they would have coped with a 13th week as they need to get on with squad changes for next season! Seriously the position on this taken by the media has annoyed me more than I could ever put in words

Well actually the chelsea sale is a tangled web of various different companies and not easy to sort out but their owner has not strangled the clubs ability for a quick resolution by wanting something in monetary form in return.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

A) They have significant assets (including their own stadium - what an odd way to run a Club), B) they compete at the top end of World football, and C) generate close to £500m of annual revenue.  Who would have thought that possible back in 1982 when Ken Bates bought them for a £1.

13 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

A) They have significant assets (including their own stadium - what an odd way to run a Club), B) they compete at the top end of World football, and C) generate close to £500m of annual revenue.  Who would have thought that possible back in 1982 when Ken Bates bought them for a £1.

And yet they’ve made a loss in 14 of the last 19 years 

3 hours ago, DesertRam said:

I'm going to assume that everything is done and dusted now, and that all the insiders are

keeping quiet for the big reveal, sometime next week, with interviews, meet and greets

etc.  while we all listen to the plans and vision for the future of this megaclub

(that's what i'm praying is going to happen) 

Mega club? you mean like the Pink Coconut?