The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Trying to get something straight in my head here around the stadium ownership

If MM owns the stadium (albeit mortgaged via loans from MSD) and his company that owns the stadium is not in Administration, then that means MM effectively still has a business trading as normal as the Landlord of PPS

So do we assume that Quantuma have been paying him rent for the stadium throughout the whole process (from gate receipts I guess?) - and he then has been using that income to make his loan repayments to MSD?

We know that an extra loan was taken out from MSD to get us to the end of the season- where does that fit in?

I recall reading somewhere that MM was letting us use the stadium for free until administration was sorted. I might have just made that up in my own head though.

Just now, Crewton said:

I don't think the club has paid the stadium company/MM any rent for the use of the stadium so far. I think that's what Quantuma's comments about issues relating to historic lease arrangements needing to be agreed was referring to. There could technically be 4 years of rent owing to MM. 

I mentioned this on here back in January looking through the EFL statement of issues and reckoned we could owe Morris a rental fee from September .  Not much comment at the time but probably around 1.8 - 2 million by now basing it on the rental fee that was mentioned earlier in the process.   

14 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I mentioned this on here back in January looking through the EFL statement of issues and reckoned we could owe Morris a rental fee from September .  Not much comment at the time but probably around 1.8 - 2 million by now basing it on the rental fee that was mentioned earlier in the process.   

I wonder if he's been making the MSD loan repayments out of his own pocket since administration then?

37 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I don't think the club has paid the stadium company/MM any rent for the use of the stadium so far. I think that's what Quantuma's comments about issues relating to historic lease arrangements needing to be agreed was referring to. There could technically be 4 years of rent owing to MM. 

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

Trying to get something straight in my head here around the stadium ownership

If MM owns the stadium (albeit mortgaged via loans from MSD) and his company that owns the stadium is not in Administration, then that means MM effectively still has a business trading as normal as the Landlord of PPS

So do we assume that Quantuma have been paying him rent for the stadium throughout the whole process (from gate receipts I guess?) - and he then has been using that income to make his loan repayments to MSD?

We know that an extra loan was taken out from MSD to get us to the end of the season- where does that fit in?

Q told us some months ago that the rent was not being paid (ie 202 was giving the club a break)

Latest from Q on that is that rental arrears are one of the points tba with MM in the final settlement ( in their latest statement)

The creditor numbers we have seen along the way show MSD outstandings rising suggesting interest is not being paid (in full?)

as for stadium ownership, I refer you to the following pages of this thread : 17, 24-27, 54,59,67-71, 84,89,90-96,102,103,106 (et seq etc there are too many to mention) and to @iRam’s soon to be published dissertation on the matter. (PS MM doesn’t own it )

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

This looked like good news a couple of weeks ago. Is it still on?

I doubt it going by recent reports. I’m assuming now that the funding they secured wasn’t the full 22m Mel was after, hence why they couldn’t agree a deal. I guess they thought they could get it for less, but Mel is intransigent.

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I doubt it going by recent reports. I’m assuming now that the funding they secured wasn’t the full 22m Mel was after, hence why they couldn’t agree a deal. I guess they thought they could get it for less, but Mel is intransigent.

Or it could just be that there are additional hoops that a public body has to jump through, beyond securing the funding, before it can make a purchase like that.  You know what government is like for moving at a glacial pace and drowning itself in red tape...

8 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Or it could just be that there are additional hoops that a public body has to jump through, beyond securing the funding, before it can make a purchase like that.  You know what government is like for moving at a glacial pace and drowning itself in red tape...

Tbh I was expecting that anyway, never expected the council to get it done fast. But I was never told how much they secured, so what I said could be a possibility as well. Given Kirchner is looking privately now, I’d guess the council are out the equation.

4 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

I took his tweet to mean that other private individuals would be buying it (a LoG). It’s consistent w the Punjabi rams messages.  

if there are several gents involved in the league, then we need to be patient. It will not all be agreed overnight 

IIRC he said “we “ are working on a private purchase of PPS. Maybe he means he is working to coordinate his purchase of the club with the private purchasers of PPS. It isn’t clear. 

anyway hopefully we will find out soon enough.

16 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Comments like this make me think the purchase of the stadium is nowhere.

I don't want to see "Options Open" - I want to see "The Purchasing process has been agreed and we're now going through the fine print" - this message from Derby CC is disheartening to say the least.

10 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Comments like this make me think the purchase of the stadium is nowhere.

I don't want to see "Options Open" - I want to see "The Purchasing process has been agreed and we're now going through the fine print" - this message from Derby CC is disheartening to say the least.

Yes, reads as "thinking of ways for it to not be demolished until Derby has a club that can use it again"

Meant to be reassuring, comes off anything but ....

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Rent is £1.1m per season