The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 hours ago, Red Ram said:

Reading were only in breach for one season. We were in breach for three seasons - hence our potential sanction could have easily been 18 points rather than 9 and would have been if the EFL really did have a vendetta against us.

I've listened to the Rick Parry interview before. All he actually said was that Boro weren't happy that the EFL hadn't been properly enforcing their own rules. The EFL agreed and then rectified the situation. So if they were at fault, it was for not enforcing the rules properly in the first place.

The idea that the EFL were somehow 'out to get' Derby County is just ludicrous.

Yes that is what Parry said. He said EFL (effectively ) were at fault for not enforcing the rules (or rather his interpretaion of them) in the first place. If they had, I believe  there would have been no sanctions , no penalty point deductions and probably no adminstration or relegation. 

Either the EFL were wrong not to enforce Parrys interpretation of the rules at first (as Parry claimed) , or wrong to enforce them when Parry took over ( I think the latter) but either way there is no way that EFL gets out of this with clean hands. 

34 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Yes that is what Parry said. He said EFL (effectively ) were at fault for not enforcing the rules (or rather his interpretaion of them) in the first place. If they had, I believe  there would have been no sanctions , no penalty point deductions and probably no adminstration or relegation. 

Either the EFL were wrong not to enforce Parrys interpretation of the rules at first (as Parry claimed) , or wrong to enforce them when Parry took over ( I think the latter) but either way there is no way that EFL gets out of this with clean hands. 

Exactly. If they'd objected at the time we would have adjusted our figures, cut back on the silly spending and probably not got ourselves into this mess.

Now if that doesn't prove it's all the EFL's fault, I don't know what does! ??‍♀️ ?

3 hours ago, Oldben said:

I might be wrong, but I thought the 3pts that hung over us only counted for this season. So if we breach the non payment of wages, the 3 pts should be deducted off this season's total. Reading's 6 pts deducted for this season and 6 pts suspended if they breach the rules was for this season and next. If I'm wrong, please explain to me, I'm getting older and thought that was case. Or do the EFL move the goalposts when it's to do with Derby.

4 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I might be wrong, but I thought the 3pts that hung over us only counted for this season. So if we breach the non payment of wages, the 3 pts should be deducted off this season's total. Reading's 6 pts deducted for this season and 6 pts suspended if they breach the rules was for this season and next. If I'm wrong, please explain to me, I'm getting older and thought that was case. Or do the EFL move the goalposts when it's to do with Derby.

I think it ran on longer than just to the end of season - might have been 12 months but I could be wrong.

4 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I think there were 2 agreed decisions at different points in time:

1) "we" accepted a suspended 3 point penalty for non-payment of player wages in Dec 2020 which would be implemented if we failed to pay again before 30 June 2022 (Sheffield Wednesday also accepted a similar suspended penalty)

2) "we" accepted a 9 point penalty + 3 points suspended for the FFP breaches. The additional 3 incurred of we didn't stick to the agreed budget for the rest of 2021/22 (Reading 6 + 6 suspended with budget to end of 2022/23).

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

I think there were 2 agreed decisions at different points in time:

1) "we" accepted a suspended 3 point penalty for non-payment of player wages in Dec 2020 which would be implemented if we failed to pay again before 30 June 2022 (Sheffield Wednesday also accepted a similar suspended penalty)

2) "we" accepted a 9 point penalty + 3 points suspended for the FFP breaches. The additional 3 incurred of we didn't stick to the agreed budget for the rest of 2021/22 (Reading 6 + 6 suspended with budget to end of 2022/23).

Yes I think that's correct, but if we did not pay wages upto the 30th June 2022 (that's also when some players contracts run out). Surely that wage payment ties in with this season (2021/22) which would mean a deduction of 3 pts on this season (2021/22).

1 minute ago, plymouthram said:

Yes I think that's correct, but if we did not pay wages upto the 30th June 2022 (that's also when some players contracts run out). Surely that wage payment ties in with this season (2021/22) which would mean a deduction of 3 pts on this season (2021/22).

I'm 99.9% sure that they'll add it into whichever season affects us most, so next season.

I think the extra 3 for not sticking to budget (like we even had the chance not to when we are stuck in a permanent embargo!) would have probably applied to this season.

2 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Sadly I'm so used to reading bad news or about further obstacles, it's difficult to feel optimistic anymore

Unfortunately every time we make some progress with coming out of administration, the EFL find another obstacle to throw in the way.

9 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

You missed the (important) word ‘regular’ out of that sentence. 
In other words, there will be irregular updates.

Some prunes will soon sort that out.

...what do you mean, not that type of regular?

Ahem. Anyway. It's nice to know that iron is still in the fire, so to speak. To me, it's encouraging. There are plenty of roads that lead away from Derby County being liquidated. 

Keep the faith.