The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

It's almost like he's hoping to be one of the lads.  "One of our own", as they say! 

He'll be sat in with our away support, and starting the bounce before "Game Day 4"!

Look out for face to face Fans Forum evenings... coming to a social club near you!

?

I recall Brett Wilson and John Vicars used to do similar in the GSE days

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I recall Brett Wilson and John Vicars used to do similar in the GSE days

Yes, and didn’t Mel do the same?

He’ll be mobbed in a couple of years time when we’ve won the Championship trophy. I’d buy him a pint myself - or three. 

I somehow can't see him queuing up in the Neptune on matchday after consuming a full English round the corner in Wetherspoons. If he does it'll only be the once as a token gesture.

However if he does I'll give him a nudge and wave my half empty glass at him to get me one in.  Another few twists in the saga before the weekend I predict. 

1 minute ago, one_chop said:

I somehow can't see him queuing up in the Neptune on matchday after consuming a full English round the corner in Wetherspoons. If he does it'll only be the once as a token gesture.

However if he does I'll give him a nudge and wave my half empty glass at him to get me one in.  Another few twists in the saga before the weekend I predict. 

As a perennial naysayer who has just posted another snide dig over his sincerity, I really hope he suggests in the most choice of terms where you can insert your half empty glass. And for the little it's worth, your 'predictions' suck chubbies.

7 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Or perhaps deal be done by thursday fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, one_chop said:

If he's successful in getting the deal over the line I would  insist on getting CK a drink .....he deserves one!!...but where there's  gratitude there is always the odd idiot who wants a freebie I guess

I just hope the sale of the ground is more advanced that we think.  CKs expectations, could be (I hope), that there is a legally binding clause that Mel agrees to sell the ground for a figure of X, because there is zero chance of this being bought by DCC by the end of the week. 

All the legals would need to be in place, a vote held by DCC at a planned meeting, the later not being reported on.  There also has to be a minimum of 5 days warning for such a meeting. 

It would be good if CK actually could clarify what he's expecting for this deal to complete....  I've asked him to clarify on Twitter twice and tumbleweed, I do not have a good feeling about this at all.

Once again Morris is still pulling the strings, I despise him.....

Edited by RAM1966

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

But I hope be done by 5pm thursday just about time I get home.

B4 I wish I could share your optimism, the ground is a huge stumbling block.  There is zero chance of a sale before the deadline....

I just hope a legally binding agreement to sell the ground, when an agreed acceptable offer comes in will satify Kirchner.

This is far from a done deal, as someone else has stated, he's not even involved with the ground, or appears to be being updated with whats going on with its sale.

Considering KC is insisting on MM having no involvement, he seems very casual about completing.  Something is not quite right and its a massive red flag for me.

I can see this falling to bits last min.....

Edited by RAM1966

3 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

B4 I wish I could share your optimism, the ground is a huge stumbling block.  There is zero chance of a sale before the deadline....

I just hope a legally binding agreement to sell the ground, when an agreed acceptable offer comes in will satify Kirchner.

This is far from a done deal, as someone else has stated, he's not even involved with the ground, or appears to be being updated with whats going on with its sale.

Considering KC is insisting on MM having no involvement, he seems very casual about completing.  Something is not quite right and its a massive red flag for me.

Does anyone know who we would like to be voted on to the council tomorrow? Who is the most favourable to DCFC ? How long will this ground purchase take?

23 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

I don't really get the thing about the ground except that it's a way to get MSD out of the equation. They are charging far higher rates of interest than The City Council will be charged on any money that they will borrow.

I get that its also nice for to have a clean break from MM, but from a financial point of view I think it's MSD we really need to sort out. Sale of PPS will kill two birds with one stone.   

26 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

I know what you mean but the mood music from all concerned, particularly local politicians - see that podcast - suggests they are relaxed about it rather than feeling the strain. Kirchner himself also seems relaxed. It doesn’t feel like a last minute panic stations situation

I was optimistic until I saw the bit about EFL behind closed doors!  That sounds like the worst of "old boys" club applications where you could be black balled and never know who objected to you. On the other hand if EFL play that sort of game the outcry about bias and vested interests will be enormous and not just from Derby fans but various MPs as well.

I'm less fussed about the ground ownership. Pragmatic financial considerations will win out and we'll be fine.