The Administration Thread

Boycie

Let's wait and see. He's done a multi-year deal with the Dallas Stars. He's just done a 5 year $multi-million deal for the Dubai Desert Classic.  One of his company values is demonstrating "Grit and persistence" where "solving tough problems requires a lot of hard work. We aren’t afraid of difficult problems and we won’t stop until they are solved".  I'm pretty sure he knows what he's getting into here and will need all of that over the next month or two. 

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's got his chance. Quantuma have made him Preferred Bidder. What effect does it have if some fans 'ask questions'?

Oh here's a few btw:

Those are legitimate questions but they aren’t criticizing him .

They may not get these answers very quickly as I don’t think they are entitled to them while he has exclusivity 

Edited by Curtains
Added

Sorry to have to reiterate the Liquidation point but it’s really not a good option so for one in am thankful for CK 

https://www.footballcritic.com/news/clubs-going-into-administration-how-it-happens-and-how-they-recover/1083

3. Club liquidation and sale of all assets. 

The nuclear option, one that is inevitable if no viable buyers come forward and the clubs assets are insufficient to enable a workable CVA to be agreed. In the event a club is liquidated, fans organisations will typically found a phoenix club who will start at the bottom of the football pyramid. 

Depending on the funds available, these phoenix clubs may take over the ground of the original club and some intellectual property (e.g. the clubs name and badge).

5 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Bamboozled us they have. They have given CK exclusivity and given away their right to speak to other bidders because they put themselves under pressure to name a ‘preferred bidder’.  Eggs in one basket, element of competition discarded. And they seem to have got nothing in return. They have given him an option on the club !! 
WHAT HAVE THEY BEEN DOING FOR 7 MONTHS ? 

Btw the terminology may be driven by the EFL (‘tell us your Pb and we’ll vet them’.) We shouldn’t be distracted by that, each of these situations is completely different 

@i-Ramwe know you think Q is playing a blinder (despite a small mountain of evidence to the contrary) but please let us know what your wife thinks 

I actually don’t think Q has played a blinder, and there are criticisms I could make (particularly regarding some naive comments about how long it might take), but I do appreciate what a basket case of a liquidation they took on. Morris left them with a crock of poo, and it seems to me he has been a pain in the arse subsequently in regards to a) quickly resolving the Boro matter and b) being more accommodating regarding the stadium sale.

You may recall that a few months back that you were arguing strongly with me that Morris had, and would have, no influence over the proceedings; that MSD were in control of the stadium situation because of their fixed charges, blah de blah. You were as wrong then as you are now in your back and forth with @duncanjwitham, who very ably popped your overinflated view earlier today.

It seems to me Q had no choice but to accept CK’s proposal, as he was the only one at the end offering to buy the club without the stadium.

My wife thinks you are a complete arse. Of course that is not my opinion as that would be against forum rules.

11 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I actually don’t think Q has played a blinder, and there are criticisms I could make (particularly regarding some naive comments about how long it might take), but I do appreciate what a basket case of a liquidation they took on. Morris left them with a crock of poo, and it seems to me he has been a pain in the arse subsequently in regards to a) quickly resolving the Boro matter and b) being more accommodating regarding the stadium sale.

You may recall that a few months back that you were arguing strongly with me that Morris had, and would have, no influence over the proceedings; that MSD were in control of the stadium situation because of their fixed charges, blah de blah. You were as wrong then as you are now in your back and forth with @duncanjwitham, who very ably popped your overinflated view earlier today.

It seems to me Q had no choice but to accept CK’s proposal, as he was the only one at the end offering to buy the club without the stadium.

My wife thinks you are a complete arse. Of course that is not my opinion as that would be against forum rules.

I think it may be also down to them accepting the reduced price because we will almost certainly be in league 1. I wonder if that’s what the final delay in announcing CK until after Reading had played.

1 hour ago, BucksRam said:

Let's wait and see. He's done a multi-year deal with the Dallas Stars. He's just done a 5 year $multi-million deal for the Dubai Desert Classic.  One of his company values is demonstrating "Grit and persistence" where "solving tough problems requires a lot of hard work. We aren’t afraid of difficult problems and we won’t stop until they are solved".  I'm pretty sure he knows what he's getting into here and will need all of that over the next month or two. 

American companies love setting values like that. I'm yet to work with one in my twelve year career that actually sticks to them, and I've worked with loads.

Business waffle, nothing more.

I’m feeling positive for a number of reasons:

1. We didn’t have a PB now we have so we have the prospect of potential closure.

2. CK seems to have good ideas about developing the football club and improving the match day experience. (And according to Q - he knows his onions) 

3. The administrators (unless they lied or were negligent) ran a diligent process on proof of funds before bids could even be made to remove time wasters. So the money shouldn’t be an issue. 

4. He’s aligned with Rooney in his vision for the club 

5. If it all goes tits up, he walks or he doesn’t have the cash - Mike Ashley is waiting in the background.

Its too early to say if this will all go through, but we are making progress when we were stuck in the mud. Got to give the process a chance. I think people are getting too hung up on the net worth thing. If he’s proved £100m to Q we don’t have a problem. I think he walked from Preston because he didn’t like the deal, he walked from us first time because he didn’t like the deal (he was open that Boro was an issue), he’s a successful businessman you don’t do that without being astute, he’s not just going to cave and pay what people want. That’s precisely what Mel did with his whackamole transfer strategy and look where that got us.

31 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

American companies love setting values like that. I'm yet to work with one in my twelve year career that actually sticks to them, and I've worked with loads.

Changed jobs last year, had tons of introductory business waffle.

"Be professional, do your job well, treat your colleagues and our clients with respect" just doesn't seem to do it in business language when expectations of clients are 99% provide the services contracted efficiently and professionally to a high standard within time/budget, like, thats what the customer wants.

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Got to agree in my experience also.

Americans I have encountered with work are fantastic communicators, have bags of confidence and positivity but when it comes to the real deal it can be disappointing

They certainly talk the talk but do they walk the walk ?- I certainly hope so in this case, in fact i'm desperate for it

Probably an unpopular observation but my mate is an avid Wycombe fan & has contacts close to the top of the club. The American owner and his son ( I know they are unpopular on here) have apparently transformed the club in a good way from top to bottom - I'm talking about off the pitch here - and this despite having no historic connection with Wycombe

Big improvements for the fan experience & really connecting with the fan base, and plenty of progressive ideas. Believe it or not, they apparently don't rate the EFL Committee either !!

So if you get the right American etc etc

Edited by SamUltraRam

12 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Got to agree in my experience also.

Americans I have encountered with work are fantastic communicators, have bags of confidence and positivity but when it comes to the real deal it can be disappointing

They certainly talk the talk but do they walk the walk ?- I certainly hope so in this case, in fact i'm desperate for it

Probably an unpopular observation but my mate is an avid Wycombe fan & has contacts close to the top of the club. The American owner and his son ( I know they are unpopular on here) have apparently transformed the club in a good way from top to bottom - I'm talking about off the pitch here - and this despite having no historic connection with Wycombe

Big improvements for the fan experience & really connecting with the fan base, and plenty of progressive ideas. Believe it or not, they apparently don't rate the EFL Committee either !!

So if you get the right American etc etc

So why dont talk to there owner then and see if you can get him to back off then.