The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 hours ago, Crewton said:

If we get another 15 point deduction, you can bet it will be applied in the season that causes us maximum damage. 

Can you imagine the hoo-ha from certain other EFL club owners if we have this further points deduction applied in such a way that it has no effect? 

It will either be applied so as to relegate us this season, or to handicap us next season, I have no doubt about it. 

11 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Binnies is one I’ve seen in a few different places tbh…

Who knows, this could be a bawt misstep in trying to get ahead of everyone else and in the process have made a few others will look silly…but all these social media rumours/leaks are another example of how badly this whole process has been handled.

We will know through the the official/local journalist channels when there is something to know!

It's peoples insatiable appetite to appear or be the 1st to know duck all, Big Trav and Barrytheannon like to put it out there that they have heard from someone ITK or someone that is at the top table so to speak, when really they know nowt, If I'd get information I'd know the person who gave it me, I'd know what they're like and so there would be no BS.

One day with enough guesses they may hit the jackpot, Nostradamus was right a few times out of the of 1000s of predictions he made, The last few days on here have been quite comical, Posters getting so worked up with the Council buying PP, MM calling the shots, Q not knowing what they're doing...in all this, I'll point a finger at Q as there comms have been as subtle as a mad bull in a Stoke pottery factory, As for BAWT, RT, Team Derby, MPs, Councillor's, They all mean well I'm sure but they must be pi$$ing off Q quite a bit.

You're last sentence is spot on 

34 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

So then, the theory is that he was genuine all along. He tried to get it done ASAP but the deal he offered wasn't as good as the administrators thought they could get elsewhere. 

He walks away and considers Preston where he feels he could get better value. The administrators have realised they can't get a better offer and Mel/council have been pushed to sweeten the deal to no avail. Kirchner comes back to the table and they snatch his hand off now?

It does kinda make sense...but I'm still confused. Who were they referring to about time wasting? Is it him and this is all fantasy...or is it Ashley who has kept hinting at an offer but actually now they realise he is just waiting for a deal that saves him every last penny and in the meantime they seem inept as the deadline keeps being missed and the offer is worse than the Kirchner one they could have accepted in December? 

We didn't know it at the time but no bids were actual bids back then (i.e. couldn't be put forward to the EFL) because of the Boro and Wycombe situation. I suspect if the EFL had told Boro and Wycome to do one pre-Xmas then he may well have closed the deal. Whether that would have meant -15 points and nailed on relegation I don't know. All hypothetical - but fingers crossed it goes through now.

18 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Can you imagine the hoo-ha from certain other EFL club owners if we have this further points deduction applied in such a way that it has no effect? 

It will either be applied so as to relegate us this season, or to handicap us next season, I have no doubt about it. 

Or both. -6 this and-9 next

5 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Or both. -6 this and-9 next

Now there's a thought. Only enough, the rule is only enough points to get us relegated the rest are carried over.

So in true Derby weirdness, we end up trying to lose games at the end of the season!

I'm struggling to find information about the penalty for not exiting administration correctly on the EFL's site.

A tidbit from the Leyton Orient Fans' Trust says:

If a club is unable to pay its creditors the threshold of 35p, but can meet a much lower figure then what happens regarding any points deduction?

It is applied at a time determined by the EFL Board but ordinarily at the commencement of the following season

35p is stated because you can do 35p/£ over three years.

As nice as it would be to start in L1 on 0, I don't see this happening, especially this late on in the season...

22 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

It's peoples insatiable appetite to appear or be the 1st to know duck all, Big Trav and Barrytheannon like to put it out there that they have heard from someone ITK or someone that is at the top table so to speak, when really they know nowt, If I'd get information I'd know the person who gave it me, I'd know what they're like and so there would be no BS.

One day with enough guesses they may hit the jackpot, Nostradamus was right a few times out of the of 1000s of predictions he made, The last few days on here have been quite comical, Posters getting so worked up with the Council buying PP, MM calling the shots, Q not knowing what they're doing...in all this, I'll point a finger at Q as there comms have been as subtle as a mad bull in a Stoke pottery factory, As for BAWT, RT, Team Derby, MPs, Councillor's, They all mean well I'm sure but they must be pi$$ing off Q quite a bit.

You're last sentence is spot on 

Radio Derby reporting it now that PB to be announced as CK 

I think you might find I posted Sun article 1st or 2nd on here  last night

People were desperate for news to save club  .

So no apologies from me. 

I am delighted ? 

Edited by Curtains
Altered

9 hours ago, Kernow said:

I have no idea why the EFL would agree to deduct another 15 points now, so it leaves us with a clean slate next season. We’re very likely to be relegated without any more  deductions, and even still, if we stayed up and had -15 with further restrictions on who we can bring in, we’ll be more likely to lose players and suffer another long season battling the impossible. I genuinely think we’d be in a stronger position as a Club if we started clean in League One, than with a points deduction & more restrictions in the Championship.

I think the EFL did'nt want us to go into liqidation, just want us relegated. So if give us _15 this season,start next season with a clean slate will make them look a lot better after the complete mess they have made this season.

5 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

I think the EFL did'nt want us to go into liqidation, just want us relegated. So if give us _15 this season,start next season with a clean slate will make them look a lot better after the complete mess they have made this season.

I like this idea. Would be a bit ironic if the EFL eventually does us the favour we need to start afresh next season.

Much as I would love the fight against relegation to continue, another season fighting almost impossible odds in the Championship with a much weaker squad than we even currently have, would sap the strength out of even the staunchest of supporters.

It looks like this is now the end game. Kirchner will have to make a solid bid and tie things up quickly if we're going to play in a league next season - there's no time for messing about.

If any of the other potential bidders are really that interested, then the next hour is the time to blow Kirchner out of the water. 

I also feel like we only have time for one preferred bidder - if it is Kirchner and he fails, we'll be liquidated. 

Whichever way it goes, I think it'll be quick from here on in.

12 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Not sure that I want him involved now. He sees us purely as a business and he hasn't shown one shred of love for this club. Not sure I want such a cold and calculating person in charge unless we have no other option.

was about to say the same thing. We know he's not got ambition for football success, only profit.