The Administration Thread

Boycie

I think id be alright with the 15 points being deducted this season. It wont take away from what the players & staff have done for the club this season & they will know as well as any new incoming signings will know we have a far better chance of bouncing straight back up starting on 0 points than another season on minus points. 

Yes we have a slight chance still now but it is a very slim chance. Start from scratch next season, from 0 points, id have been happy with that offer 6 months ago so wont moan at it now.

Edited by DCFC1388

Just now, Rammy03 said:

Since when was the -15 being applied this season? I always thought it was the season after

Think it depends when you leave Administration. The story is saying it could be done quickly in order to get a clean slate for next season.

Edited by IslandExile

Personally never minded kirchner,I couldn't see why do many were so anti him in the first place to be honest unless there's a bizarre anti American sentiment in there for some.

Bring it on and I would absolutely take a 15 point deduction this season if it means we get a clean slate next year.

We need to be realistic here.....survival and having a future as a club is all that matters.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

1 minute ago, AGR said:

So we’ve ended up going with the bloke who bid in November. If we had competent admins we’d have got it sorted before January and kept Jagielka, Shinnie and Ebosele. Well done Quantuma 

The gripe was with Mel, not Quantuma. I don't think you can blame them on this one. It's taken the council to get involved in order to bring him back to the table, that wasn't an option before. 

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Christ I’ve been critical about Kirchner at times as I don’t think he’s put himself across well at all. 

But from a football point of view, we take the -15 this season but keep Rooney for next season in League 1?   I’d go for it, to be completely honest…whilst having a lot of apprehension on other parts of the deal.

We don’t appear to have much choice -15 points this season at least stops the misery spreading into next season???

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

If this is true then I think it's absolutely crap. Another points deduction especially added on to this season confirming our relegation would be absolutely devastating. I hope it's not true.

Not as devastating as not having a club.

Better this season than next.

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

If this is true then I think it's absolutely crap. Another points deduction especially added on to this season confirming our relegation would be absolutely devastating. I hope it's not true.

We are all but relegated in any case.....a new owner and a clean start in league 1 should probably have happened last year in all honesty.

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

Not as devastating as not having a club.

Better this season than next.

Why can't they cough up a few more to satisfy the creditors. I never thought we would be liquidated anyway. But to rush through this deal and accept another -15 is awful. What's going on with the stadium, is he paying for that too?

No reason at all for Nixon to make up the 15 points deduction this season. Well known it was likely to be next season so why go against the grain now and say this season?

Also, Nixon was first to break the story of the Council maybe buying the stadium.

He has had an inside track all the way through when CK has been involved so I have no doubt the stadium/council & 15 points story has been fed to him again by CK or his team.

Every credible article so far has said "Derby County are facing the prospect of another heavy points deduction next season, as the club's administrators prepare to finally name a preferred bidder."

So why in the sun have they decided it's going to be this season. I don't get what's changed.