The Administration Thread

Boycie

8 hours ago, Alty_Ram said:

I wonder what sort of calculation bidders are doing. If its another 20million vs -15 points then that's a big deal to someone with less financial clout who may have to borrow to do it. Obviously for the Ashleys of this world that is fairly modest relatively speaking but he didn't get where is is today by chucking more cash than he needs to at things.

If bids were anywhere near the threshold where we wouldn't cop for another penalty then surely someone must think that finding the cash to bridge the gap is still a good investment. If we're 10s of millions short then far less so.

I appreciate that it is all speculation but there seems an awful lot about these rumours that rings true.

Appleby would no doubt run us sensibly and prudently which would be a welcome relief but with owners of other clubs waving a magic wand and making 10s of millions of debt disappear then it might not be enough for some. For me 'sensible, prudent but competitive' sounds pretty good after the last couple of years but yet more points deductions skews that calculation slightly. We need investment badly to renew contracts and plug some gaping holes in the squad, largely just to stabilise things not claw back another good 15 point kicking for having the cheek to be abandoned in a total financial mess.

Someone could even be making a calculated decision as to how best use their funds.

Pay an extra c£20m and start next season in L1 on 0 points but with limited funds to rebuild

or

Hang on to the £20m, take -15 points, but have the cash in the back pocket to rebuild the club and move forward.

God knows. If it is to be -15points, then that`s a whole lot better than I was fearing.

6 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Don’t think Q will tell us on Friday (today) who the new owners will be. They are going to tell the EFL and when EFL have approved them, we will be told. But hopefully they will at least confirm on Friday (today) that a PB has been appointed 

Isn't telling the EFL the same thing as telling us unofficially though with all the leaks?

29 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

Someone could even be making a calculated decision as to how best use their funds.

Pay an extra c£20m and start next season in L1 on 0 points but with limited funds to rebuild

or

Hang on to the £20m, take -15 points, but have the cash in the back pocket to rebuild the club and move forward.

God knows. If it is to be -15points, then that`s a whole lot better than I was fearing.

Any monies paid will ALL go to creditors, starting with Quantuma who get paid first, then football creditors in full, then normal creditors whats left. 

There's effectively going to be 2 sums of money (bids) paid too.   1 for the club the other for the ground.....  This gives Mel the opportunity to decide who he wants to take over the club too.

The Administrators have to dance to Mels tune, because he holds all the cards, he owns the stadium and of course there are £130m in soft loans he has to write off.  Q will not be choosing the PB, Mel will and his decision will centre around how much he's going to get from the ground.

As for Q, they've  told us several times we would have a PB in place, clearly that's all been bullshite as the deadline for final bids is today.

Can't wait until we extract the Japanese knotweed (MM & Q) from our club!

Edited by RAM1966

Factoring in a 15 point deduction next season, potentially with restrictions on purchasing players.

Then Factoring in at least two seasons in League one, under above circumstances.

Zero return on highly expensive investment in purchasing the club.

Potentially doing a Leeds and taking 3 years to return to the Championship from league one, then trying to survive with almost zero budget for new players over that 3 year period, as spent available funds on purchasing the club.

League one will see significantly lower return from attendances.

I wonder what season tickets cost will be, clearly lower than championship season ticket prices so that will mean lower revenue for the club.

Then if restrictions placed on what derby can spend on new players with over half the current team either leaving and many of those remaining not being good enough for league one.

On the positive side, at least there will still be a club.

7 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Don’t think Q will tell us on Friday (today) who the new owners will be. They are going to tell the EFL and when EFL have approved them, we will be told. But hopefully they will at least confirm on Friday (today) that a PB has been appointed 

If Q tell the EFL who the PB is today, JP and DET will know ASAP.

We have been totally ducked over by the EFL and a curly haired duck.......and Mel Morris..

I don't believe it was in Mels intention, but it has ducked us, but I solely believe the EFL is the reason we are in our predicament, they have slaughtered us, and continue to do so, how the footballing world can continue to stand by and ignore the corruption and mismanagement is a Scur on our national game

8 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

We have been totally ducked over by the EFL and a curly haired duck.......and Mel Morris..

I don't believe it was in Mels intention, but it has ducked us, but I solely believe the EFL is the reason we are in our predicament, they have slaughtered us, and continue to do so, how the footballing world can continue to stand by and ignore the corruption and mismanagement is a Scur on our national game

And still there’s someone who wants to think good of MM, ffs go seek counselling!!

10 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

Never ever forgive or forget what MM, efl and Gibson have done to us.

13 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

And still there’s someone who wants to think good of MM, ffs go seek counselling!!

No - Morris ignored Boro and Wycombe, had he not have done so this would have been sorted long before.  I suggest he badly advised Q to do the same....

Mel should of sued the EFL for continued dealays to the process.  We all know he would have won, especially as they since had an official rule change.....  Q cocked up there rolling over big time!

Edited by RAM1966

13 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

If the EFL were a credible organisation then he'd fail miserably the Fit and Proper test but they're not so he might be, providing Gibson is happy with it.

He would pass it as they have a 2 strike rule. However there must be a rule that an owner cannot rebuy his company DCFC as that would inefficient get rid of the debts he has run up. Also he would not be welcome. If he wants to do something put the stadium in a trust called Derby County Football Club or give it to the new owner 

1 minute ago, RAM1966 said:

No - Morris ignored Boro and Wycombe, had he not have done so this would have been sorted long before.  I suggest he badly advised Q to do the same....

Mel should of sued the EFL for continued dealays to the process.  We all know he would have won, especially as they since had an official rule change.....  Q cocked up there rilling over big time!

You are right, just because you think their claims are a pile of poo (and I still think they are) you still need to deal with it. The EFL are complicit in the delays but as a club, our leaders have not helped, for instance where are the accounts 

Just now, Woodley Ram said:

You are right, just because you think their claims are a pile of poo (and I still think they are) you still need to deal with it. The EFL are complicit in the delays but as a club, our leaders have not helped, for instance where are the accounts 

I susoect a deal was done to park any further action from those seasons as we've accepted a punishment that cannot be appealed.

The accounts should have been published though and until they are any new owner will still be under a transfer embargo.

Maybe @David can ask when  the accounts are going to be published as this must happen before the new owners complete surely?

8 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I have heard on the grapevine that we will announce the new owner as part of our centenary celebrations in 2084, apparently they are going to make a big show of it……the other thing I heard is that Q might own us due to the size of bill matching the asking price

We will have a 3,548 points deduction that season.