The Administration Thread

Boycie

15 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

What a bunch of misserable moaning Myrtles. If you are ever in a good mood and want a come-down, here's the place to be.

Add to that, all the bickering about MM and it's not a very good place to spend any time.

Pull yourselves together people, it'll all come good in the end.

35nEP.gif

This week

Next week.  I'm already at next week

Nsl.gif

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The distant possibility of a phoenix club won’t matter to some people. It will, at best, cause serious mental health issues to a lot of people if Derby County Football Club were to go under.

It already is causing issues and we haven’t even been liquidated. You and I will be fine, but we don’t represent the hugely diverse array of DCFC fans.

That's understandable and it is a shame,it's quite possible  a phoenix club (if that were to happen) may progress quicker up the league than the situation we are in now and for the next few years instead of constantly looking over our shoulder wondering if we are to get more point deductions for any minor indiscretion while we are being monitored by the EFL.

22 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I fear he won't be the last.

Whatever division, whatever league we start in next season, we'll effectively be starting from scratch.

Sad, dark days.

I hope the youngsters will be willing to hold out and wait for us to get our poo sorted out. As things stand, we still have a very strong spine to the team to build around.

???
???   Bielik   ???   ???
Robinson   Bird
???   Sibley   Knight
Stretton

Other than confirming the name of the preferred bidder, which obviously they’re not in a position to do, what does anybody expect them to say?

They’re hardly going to criticise the potential bidders for messing them about, they’re not going to reveal any confidential information and they aren’t even going to be able to tell us who the bidders are or how many, as it could all impact the discussions.

It would have been nice to see them say that we’re definitely not going to be liquidated and a timescale, but they’ve been burned so many times on that, they won’t commit to anything. I don’t blame them for that.

The positive of the statement is that they haven’t said that we are going under. So on that basis, I’m treating it as good news. 

34 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I fear he won't be the last.

Whatever division, whatever league we start in next season, we'll effectively be starting from scratch.

Sad, dark days.

If anyone needed a reminder as to why a quick resolution of ownership is vital then this is yet another reason as our brightest and best head off to another club for nowt or next to nowt. I just can't calmly watch this run its course in a 'It'll be sorted when its sorted' mindset because I find myself getting increasingly angry as we are systematically pulled apart and sod all sign of progress. We have funding until summer ? Wow.. what then. Any nearer an owner. Even if we get one will we have any players to make up a team ?

Prompt resolution in whatever form is imperative so everyone connected to the club know where they stand. If this drags on for months we will struggle to put a team out after June contract expiry and summer transfer window. Are we allowed to sell Season Tickets if we can't prove funding beyond May ? Can we produce and sell years replica kits in the shop ? It's OK, we'll take another loan...

For the love of god, sort this already.

10 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

So nothing really! Just platitudes. Not that the can say much else.

Interesting the EFL are better informed than us yet nothing from the usual EFL mouthpieces.

Maybe Efl has been reminded that this is confidential information. 

12 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Get ducked.  I'm not frustrated I'm incredulous. They share nothing. What timelines December just another 48 hrs, January past the point of keeping the squad together, February past the point of loans being available, March past the point of agreeing contracts for young players ? April past the point of being viable in anyway.  May when Morris finally finishes his 8 month poo and gets of the pot to survey tumbleweed park. Another million in debt? no sellable assets? No team or manager? no cash to trade or compete?  Load of poo .

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:

Not sure I can do that BUT it is baffling that DCFC are not seen as an attractive buy even at £50m (if that includes the Stadium). Outside of the Prem, Derby are one of perhaps a dozen teams with real potential. From the dozen, DCFC are in the top 2-3 for income generation. Of course I'm biassed  but I really can't see how we are not an attractive proposition to bring out of Admin to someone who (whatever their reason) wants to own an English team. Considering an almost certain changed football finance landscape in terms of player wages and transfer fees, I almost feel that progress is achievable within our income....Difficult but possible.

If we were for sale "debt free" the cost of buying a Club like DCFC at the moment would likely not be massively different I suspect, so I am baffled...very baffled, but because of the above, and unless there is something that is completely left field that we are completely unaware of....it's hard to see what the blockage is.

It's not just £50m though.

That gets the Club out of administration. Immediate investment is then needed to fund a squad and whatever else needs sorting. So to my mind you are looking at c£60m as a minimum just to get started.