The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

I can't understand why Forest and Brizzle fans aren't marching with pitchforks demanding that their owners domecile in the UK for tax purposes. I mean aren't we all as UK taxpayers kind-of subsidising their clubs? 

I suspect there all down at West Ham campaigning against their tax payer bothering stadium.

3 hours ago, Steve Bloomer's Washing said:

AAAAAAND IT'S LIVE!

(Sorry for the delay, I'm on holiday with awful WiFi)

Wouldn’t want to predict how Rooney will be remembered before the outcome of the FA investigation into Stretford is complete. Still wondering what CK meant when he said: ‘it’ll all come out’ 

8 hours ago, Crewton said:

I can't understand why Forest and Brizzle fans aren't marching with pitchforks demanding that their owners domecile in the UK for tax purposes. I mean aren't we all as UK taxpayers kind-of subsidising their clubs? 

Well Bristol fans should be yeah. Can't blame the Forest fans though, they probably don't want to wind up dead/on fire.

1 hour ago, Seaside Ram said:

Looks like we can add Ipswich fans to the list of rattled clubs . 

I'm no good at links etc but look on a thing called TWTD forum,, they can't believe we aren't still being punished/weren't wound up ! ?

I don’t often browse other teams forums but, after your post, I did take a quick look. I could only see a handful (single figures) of posts suggesting they think we haven’t been punished enough. So to say “Ipswich fans…..” is a little bit of an exaggeration. In fact, I saw just as many pointing out we’ll still be under restrictions unless, of course, there is another thread on their site I didn’t notice. 

2 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

I'm no good at links etc but look on a thing called TWTD forum,, they can't believe we aren't still being punished/weren't wound up ! ?

I like the Ipswich fans. They think Mr Pop is a turd too.

We are not the only club to go into administration, just currently the last of many.  Ipswich went into administration in 2003 owing £35million after redeveloping their ground, they ended up coming out paying some as little as 5p in the pound.

There will be more clubs to come and the fact it is says something has to change.

22 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

So the good news is, we're going to stop having a holding company structure consisting of gibberish names (Gellaw, Sevco etc). The bad news is, we're replacing it with a holding company structure consisting of the words "Derby", "County" and "Rams" in various random orders.

Does it matter?

3 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

I'd always found Ipswich fans to be a fairly well-adjusted rational bunch and have sat and talked with their fans before games so it's a shame if even that lot have lost their s*** over us 'getting off lightly' and illustrates what a great misinformation job has been done on us by some parties. It's just bizarre how transfer embargo for almost 2 years, relegation-ensuring points deductions and absolute plundering of the academy to the tune of tens of millions of pounds of talent and denial of the opportunity to preserve the value of any of our playing assets by renewing contracts so we can at least get some money for the steady stream of players leaving when they were inevitably got looted. But no, none of that seems to count. I though the mostly blank squad list posted by someone the other day illustrated the scale of things perfectly! (Before the small burst of incomings...). Oh, and almost ceasing to exist as a club... but no, you're right, its been a breeze.

These deluded fans of other teams are welcome to go through what we've been through if they think it was anything less than utterly traumatic. It's been death by a thousand cuts with likely years of damage and setbacks inflicted.

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Does it matter?

Not in the slightest - was mostly supposed to be a tongue-in-cheek comment.  But I half wonder if the people moaning about Mel Morris' "labyrinthine company structure" etc will still be moaning when it's Clowes structure, and when it has "nice" names, not nonsense ones.

14 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

You know anytime we lose a game next year and the odd rant occurs, please go back to about 1992 on this Thread before you type anything 

Back To The Future GIF

I hope the events over the last 30 months will live long in fans' memories and give their full support to our players. These are players choosing us to play for when better offers will undoubtedly be on offer elsewhere.

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Does it matter?

Don’t like the company name. 

if you do a company house search on companies whose name begins with Derby County there are a fair few. There seems to be a guy on Broadway (in Duffield?)  who in March snaffled some of the more sensible names (I guess by buying shelf companies and changing the name to things like Derby County Ltd). May have been something to do with CK’s bid I guess. Wonder whether he tried to sell those to DC’s team...? 

Perhaps it’s possible for the old company to change its name and for the new club company then to assume the old one  ?‍♂️