The Administration Thread

Boycie

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/06/23/derby-county-verge-naming-david-clowes-preferred-bidder-troubled/

Clowes is on course to be named as preferred bidder on Friday...

Clowes is undergoing the Football League’s owners’ and directors’ test and must make a decision on Friday if he will either buy the club outright or work with one of the other interested parties.

non-paywall: https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/derby-county-verge-naming-david-220827218.html

Edited by Animal is a Ram

Well I think we can finally say this horrific saga is over. Have no reason to doubt Clowes will get it over the line. He’s a Derby fan this will mean a lot to him, he’s not going to stick his head above the parapet and not get it done. 

As for whether this is good long term, we have no say in it unfortunately. There are other bidders with much higher net worth but would they splash the cash on us given they’re businessmen with no connections with the club. I think we should be grateful that a fan who can do something about our situation has done something about our situation. If we’re run correctly we don’t have to splash the cash, he’s richer than Delia and Norwich are competing at championship sharp end. 

Immediate question once this gets done, presumably we’ll avoid -15, and then how quickly can Rooney get a squad together, from facing the despair of potentially having a Bolton season, it might not be too bad after all. 

Hope again!!!!!! ?????

Happy if Clowes has watched the shadow-boxing and media posturing and simply got on with assembling, proposing and concluding a workable, credible takeover package.

Also pleased if it marginalises bullish characters like MA or romanticists like Appleby by actioning a successful proposal - though if Mr Clowes doesn't surround himself with an intelligent, resourceful and football-savvy board, hoping we don't lurch into another s***-storm, created by local intervention....

Willing to give it a go, though!!

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I think he probley already teamed up with someone already but this is very very very postive if it is allowed could he give rooney 20m war chest get some players in with.

A hunch based on nothing but he will bring Garry Cook in.

I suspect he’s rescuing the club given the Q sh1t show and poor choices of others over recent months.

I suspect he met and spoke to Garry in the recent weeks and given he may be available and Clowes may not have the football contacts to bring his own CEO in, it could be a good fit all round.

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think he probley already teamed up with someone already but this is very very very postive if it is allowed could he give rooney 20m war chest get some players in with.

The free version https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/derby-county-verge-naming-david-220827218.html

Excellent beyond belief news of this, as you say.  No chance whatsoever of a £20m warchest.  At best, we are looking at free transfers from people who want to work with/learn from Rooney. 

This year on the pitch is going to be as hard, probably harder, than last.  But if this purchase of the club goes through, at least we have a team to support.  

Edited by CBX1985

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Admire your positivity B4 but we’ll be under an agreed business plan when we exit administration.  It wouldn’t be right to reduce creditors payments by 65% or 75% depending on how the deal is structured to then blow millions.  And no buyer will clear al, the debts.  It’s far too big for a L1 club.  There are also spend restrictions on all L1 clubs to try and create a level playing field.

And, in the long-term, it’s having this war chest that’s put us in this position and made us extremely unpopular amongst other fans.

10 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

From the article.

'This week Ashley ramped up his bid by depositing £50 million to acquire the club and Pride Park.'

The problem is Mike, you need to deposit that money with the administrator's, not with your own solicitors. 

1 minute ago, CBX1985 said:

The free version https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/derby-county-verge-naming-david-220827218.html

Excellent beyond belief news of this, as you say.  No chance whatsoever of a £20m warchest.  At best, we are looking at free transfers from people who want to work with/learn from Rooney. 

This year on the pitch is going to be as hard, probably harder, than last.  But if this goes through, at least we have a team to support.  

Providing we can utilise the loan market then Rooney will no doubt call in some favours, just depends on restrictions. 

2 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

This year on the pitch is going to be as hard, probably harder, than last.  But if this purchase of the club goes through, at least we have a team to support.  

I was basing that on if he clears all the debts in one go. But in theory could he say here go rooney 20m to spend and more if we are in a position to challenge for promation back to the champership.

5 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Admire your positivity B4 but we’ll be under an agreed business plan when we exit administration.  It wouldn’t be right to reduce creditors payments by 65% or 75% depending on how the deal is structured to then blow millions.  And no buyer will clear al, the debts.  It’s far too big for a L1 club.  There are also spend restrictions on all L1 clubs to try and create a level playing field.

And, in the long-term, it’s having this war chest that’s put us in this position and made us extremely unpopular amongst other fans.

Well Is our fault what has done no it is not is our fault he ran badly no.

David flows desevse a clean slate and besides they nicked players under our noises so now only fair that we can final start getting players in from prem club and over seas players.

I think crystal palace willing to help us out and I think get both our young players on loan and maybe even a couple players from youth systems.

And might odd bargin over seas to be had.

Whoever is successful in buying the club, I think that we, as fans, need to show patience and responsibility when chasing our dreams. We shouldn't be expecting millions to be thrown at the club, we'll need to remember how close that tactic got us to losing our club.

Other clubs have done it and have been lucky, we weren't, unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Whoever is successful in buying the club, I think that we, as fans, need to show patience and responsibility when chasing our dreams. We shouldn't be expecting millions to be thrown at the club, we'll need to remember how close that tactic got us to losing our club.

Ignore the money, I just expect them to put enough work and effort in to make more good decisions than bad.

Mel thought money could cover for poor decision making, it didn’t. It compounded it. 

4 minutes ago, ram59 said:

But some money need to spend some money.