The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Need a striker. Every club that did well last season had a striker on 15 plus goals. I fear if the club loses any more players it will be a season of struggle. I',m not expecting much from next season unless we sign some players including a goalscorer.

Stretton should be a handful in League 1.

4 minutes ago, Taribo said:

Shouldn't underestimate League One, I reckon we're in for a minimum of two years, possibly a lot longer. 

Maybe it's just years of being a Derby fan, but it feels like we either smash the league first time, or we're here forever, with nothing in between those 2 options.  And obviously the longer the uncertainty goes on, the more it tilts towards the later...

It is typical of any team at any level that gets relegated, the fan base think they’ll bounce straight back. That doesn’t usually turn out to be the case. Most of those are clubs that have stability and a squad to work with, we have neither. 

Looking on the flip side they often have players who don’t want to be there that they need to clear out and rebuild. We have no players to clear out so should we be able to assemble a decent team and they gel quickly we might be okay. There are a lot of ifs and buts in that though. 

I just want it sorting as we all do. 

3 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Long past a joke now isn't it , getting close to the season even if by some chance we sign 30 players before the season starts they won't gel in time 

Last season we had about 60 players across the first team, U23s and U18s (not counting the trialists nor U16s who filled in).

As of right now, we have 30 players, 6 players who have been offered deals (and likely to stay with us), and expected to name at least 11 first year scholars for the U18s. 
I also expect the likes of Davies, Stearman, Forsyth, Ravel and Kazim to wait until we're in a position to keep them. Bardsley will wait around to do his pal a favour.
We'll be looking at 7-10 real signings, mostly for the first team but a couple for the U23s too.

11 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Need a striker. Every club that did well last season had a striker on 15 plus goals. I fear if the club loses any more players it will be a season of struggle. I',m not expecting much from next season unless we sign some players including a goalscorer.

Cheers Nostradamus ?

42 minutes ago, alram said:

Then nobody is going to buy the club.

they will not committ to buying the club with the ability to get undercut after they have spent millions on fees.

Any idiot can work that one out.

As another poster commented, they may be asking for BAFO bids, trying to ensure that a selected bidder doesn't drop their bid down to an unacceptable level - they do, after all, have an obligation to get the best deal for creditors, which apparently not every idiot has got into their nuggets yet.

And do you honestly think that any of the "bidders" left in the race has spent "millions" in fees, given what we know about the "bids" so far? I don't.

13 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I can't see it to be honest, I think League One defenders will be too physical for him.

5 minutes ago, w8sey said:

On what basis? If he is our best striking option for next season I would be worried. 

Stretton has the ability to be exactly where he needs to be to knock the ball in the net.
Out of our entire squad, he had the best minutes per goal ratio last season (a little bit ahead of Lawrence and Kazim, significantly better than Baldock and Plange)

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Stretton has the ability to be exactly where he needs to be to knock the ball in the net.
Out of our entire squad, he had the best minutes per goal ratio last season (a little bit ahead of Lawrence and Kazim, significantly better than Baldock and Plange)

He got so close to getting on the end of things so many times, he has the instinct I feel like he just needs games and maybe a bit better understanding with the guys putting the balls in.

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That's great, but if Rooney wants us to play a similar kind of system as last season then being in the right place at the right time isn't enough. We need someone with a bit more presence to press defenders, receive the ball and hold it for long enough to bring other people in to the game.

A poacher is only half of what we need a striker to be in that sort of system.

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

That's great, but if Rooney wants us to play a similar kind of system as last season then being in the right place at the right time isn't enough. We need someone with a bit more presence to press defenders, receive the ball and hold it for long enough to bring other people in to the game.

A poacher is only half of what we need a striker to be in that sort of system.

A 30 year old Steve Howard is what we need