The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

And CBX1985  using “affects” instead of “effects “ in a previous post an hour ago. Nothing escapes us orthographists and grammatologists ?

I used to be a technical author, urged to phrase such matters in such a way that a layman could comprehend.

Try 'Proper-talking dudes'.

32 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

No No, that's the problem you see. 

Mickleover has hipster prices with nothing even approaching justification for them under the pretense that it's posh. Probably talking £5+ for a pint of Harvest Pale. 

The filthy creatures! 

Not posted on since the good old days.  But for the first time today I am very worried about my derby county, I have followed them since I came to live here in 1974 and the only engment  I had was through the rams , myself and my late father and brother all derby through and through,  I'm the only one left now 

And if this was taken away from me 

It will finsh me.  So I pray ?

Please please save this great club 

10 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I think there's got to be a movement to start another protest and begin piling on the pressure, we can't just let the club die without a fight. 

I've seen on Twitter there is one next weekend at Pride Park. Not sure who organised it though.

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I’m generally glass half full and quite optimistic about the Rams. Have always looked on the positive side throughout this and given parties the benefit of the doubt. 

I was hearing noises last week about progress being made and focus on the end game, info from people outside of the negotiation but community leaders who are involved. Been told it’s now radio silence and no one knows anything. Hearing this after Q’s statement last night makes me extremely concerned.

Listened to RD tonight and think Ed’s on the money, how can he be told Appleby’s bud meets all the criteria in the Quantuma letter yet they maintain they haven’t had a bid sufficient to retain golden share apart from Kirchner? Either Appleby is misguided about this bid, the goalposts have changed and Q haven’t bothered to tell him (therefore incompetent), another reason due to a certain stakeholder/creditor/club killer having too much say in the process, or something completely left field like they are now only talking to Ashley or even Kirchners money is going to land this week and he takes over the club. Or, Q are 100% open in saying no one is willing to even pay what’s needed to satisfy EFL creditor criteria for the golden share (after paying Q’s fees which of course is the most important thing here!) If it really is the latter, I can’t see anyway how it will be resolved. But it won’t be a slow death, we’ll try and limp through next season playing kids and have a painful humiliating relegation to league two, just to tick that box of being in all 4 leagues before calling it a day after 139 years.

This is the lowest I’ve felt about the whole process and whatever happens, even if we have a positive outcome and we’re saved, next season will be a painful one and I’m struggling to keep the stomach for the fight. It hurts too much.

I struggle to see how a club that can pull in 20000+ can be better off liquidated (shareholders get near 4call) than shareholders getting X% whatever they can get. If less than EFL rules then just hammer some Luton style mega points penalties* or double relegate or something that keeps the other 72 “happy”. Can’t see worse case scenario being worse than this.

*Remember that EFL can/do make rules up as they go along.

55 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

I did go in the Nags head a few times in the Lampard season tbf, wasn't bad and they do alright for guest beers (nothing particularly great though) but I'd soon get bored if there on a more regular basis.

Hole In The Wall... just not a fan of Derby Brewing Company tbh and it wouldn't really cope with a few hundred football fans defending. 

Lol, I thought your complaint was the price of the beer, not that they weren't as good as where you go before a game at PP. 

What would the fans be defending btw? ? 

5 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I struggle to see how a club that can pull in 20000+ can be better off liquidated (shareholders get near 4call) than shareholders getting X% whatever they can get. If less than EFL rules then just hammer some Luton style mega points penalties* or double relegate or something that keeps the other 72 “happy”. Can’t see worse case scenario being worse than this.

*Remember that EFL can/do make rules up as they go along.

Very true!!

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Silly me, of course you were. 

Every time you pick up on someone else's grammar, punctuation or spelling, which is quite frequently, I always think to myself there goes a modernist.

Well, quite often? Since I’ve nothing else to do, apart from sipping a rather fine cognac, slightly warmed, I went back through my last 50 posts and I’ve pulled someone up on spelling or grammar exactly 6 times. Is that quite often? And my brain is currently slightly sozzled so I don’t really understand the modernist bit. A literary modernist is someone who  uses spelling and grammar in a novel, non-traditional way I think. My one such usage is the emoticon for a full stop which I admit I made up, but sounds so good I may have created a new grammatical style.

25 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Lol, I thought your complaint was the price of the beer, not that they weren't as good as where you go before a game at PP. 

What would the fans be defending btw? ? 

The indefensiblely uncouth behaviour displayed within their fellowship upon their descent toward an establishment more comfortable with the more civilised citizens of the circumambient conurbation! 

Yes, I did use an online thesaurus to try to find more alliteratively attractive alternative words for 'surrounding' and 'areas'. I could not, however, find one for 'comfortable' which would have been a more appealing linguistic suitor. 

Edited by Coconut's Beard

So with all the doom and gloom recently what’s the general feeling of how it’s going to work out. Tweets about local businessman keeping Derby afloat whilst we find a new owner. But there has been very little good news recently. Do we think it’s slowly going to be the worst news as the final result

2 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

So with all the doom and gloom recently what’s the general feeling of how it’s going to work out. Tweets about local businessman keeping Derby afloat whilst we find a new owner. But there has been very little good news recently. Do we think it’s slowly going to be the worst news as the final result

No we fight for our club derby county we must protest and get media involved we must pile pressure on Q now.

33 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Well, quite often? Since I’ve nothing else to do, apart from sipping a rather fine cognac, slightly warmed, I went back through my last 50 posts and I’ve pulled someone up on spelling or grammar exactly 6 times. Is that quite often? And my brain is currently slightly sozzled so I don’t really understand the modernist bit. A literary modernist is someone who  uses spelling and grammar in a novel, non-traditional way I think. My one such usage is the emoticon for a full stop which I admit I made up, but sounds so good I may have created a new grammatical style.

I'd say 12% of all posts is on the high side, and would qualify as quite often in itself.

I'd also suggest that not all of those 50 posts would be direct responses to previous posts, which would skew the percentages of that type of post even higher. 

The final sentence of your post is very good though, I agree, so I'll leave you to your cognac in peace.

15 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Well Q are waiting for some fool to come along (CK) and pay what they say they want whilst the three potential bidders who have run and owned football clubs won’t pay that much with good reason so I think Q are delusional whilst stopping us having new owners one way or the other. I am sure if MM hadn’t put us into administration we probably would have been sold by now and would still be in the championship. Being in administration has totally and utterly hamstrung us within a bunch of EFL rules and administrators who seem unable to sell the club or even have sensible, clear and open dialogue with the supporters, the EFL and potential buyers apparently. 
I am very concerned, 9 months in administration and we should have been sold by last January. The supporters, the team and management team didn’t fail when needed but I’d say the administrators and EFL have failed when needed to do what was expected.

Im in mackworth so walk over to mickleover now n then for few! Vines, nags, honey comb n robin (now closed) r alright! Stop off at the northern to refuel but its a bit pricey!

Remember being in nags before a preseason with burton watching all the villager busses go past rammed full of derby lol scarfs out the windows the lot lol!

Edited by De22Ram