The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Mckram said:

I’m not talking about promotion. I’m talking about our assets left. Rooney walks that’s potentially what, £4m compensation if he was to leave us for another team like Lampard.

If Rooney stays then maybe some players sign a new deal and they’re assets. Without Rooney I can’t see anyone staying. 

we are not getting £4m in compensation for rooney, sorry mckram. never going to happen

It’s never simple being a Derby fan. I think the moment you swear your allegiance you should be given a prescription for Valium.

1 minute ago, eccles the ram said:

If we do survive (please God) I can live with a minus 15 points deduction.  Rooney HAS to stay, so whoever is our owner they need to tie him down for at least two more years. With his contacts we have a better chance of fielding a team which could compete in Division 1 . You never know we could reach the playoffs!!! No I haven't been at the falling down water - ok - sorry that's a 'Kirschism '- I have had one or two! 

We really need to get real ,,,, stop the club being liquidated is all that matters ,, anything else beyond that is a bonus

3 failed takeovers, a 2 year embargo, forced to release players, forced to sell players, cap on number of free agents allowed to sign, a League 1 level wage cap for those free agents when in the Championship, a 21 point deduction, a multi year legal battle with the EFL, a legal battle with an ex player, a legal battle with an ex employee, essentially blackmailed into acknowledging Boro's and Wycombe's claims and finally top it all off by getting relegated .... but you know what? I agree with those vocal Forest, Boro, Brum fans on social media and that weird Bristol City fan who's been stalking Derby for what must be half a decade by now .... I don't think we've really been punished enough yet. 

20 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Welcome to the Derby administration,
Such a lovely place (such a lovely place)
Such a fall from grace,
Plenty of room at the Derby administration,
Any time of year (any time of year)
All them oh so nears

to Hotel California

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man
"We are programmed to receive"
"You can check-out any time you like"
"But you can never leave!"

3 minutes ago, eccles the ram said:

If we do survive (please God) I can live with a minus 15 points deduction.  Rooney HAS to stay, so whoever is our owner they need to tie him down for at least two more years. With his contacts we have a better chance of fielding a team which could compete in Division 1 . You never know we could reach the playoffs!!! No I haven't been at the falling down water - ok - sorry that's a 'Kirschism '- I have had one or two! 

In order to keep Rooney, I would have to assume the -15 point deduction is non-negotiable. 

I don’t think I could stomach getting a season ticket if we start on minus points again. I’d imagine a lot of people in the same boat. Any owner happy to take a -15 point deduction needs to factor in the consequences of doing so. 

29 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Seems an obvious point to make, but how has it taken the people in charge of this process at DCFC this long to figure out what the folk at Preston North End figured out in a matter of weeks? 

The people at Preston weren't in administration so the people trying to sell the club had no legal requirement to accept the best formal offer for the creditors.

Until the day he failed to transfer the money the first time there was no option but for the club in administration to get onboard the CK train - his offer was the best one out there on paper for creditors, his paperwork was validated by multiple parties, he had an agreed business plan with the EFL...

Edited by Coconut's Beard

2 minutes ago, eccles the ram said:

We all love Rooney, but perhaps if someone wants to pay him to go then maybe, again, we need to consider.  He is very expensive, and a top team would pay good compensation for him.    

He's only got a year left on his contract, and well, he's going to get a top job at that point anyway.  Slashing manager costs in half would allow us to bring two or three good players in.  Next season, if it comes, is about weathering the storm far more than last.    

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

3 failed takeovers, a 2 year embargo, forced to release players, forced to sell players, cap on number of free agents allowed to sign, a League 1 level wage cap for those free agents when in the Championship, a 21 point deduction, a multi year legal battle with the EFL, a legal battle with an ex player, a legal battle with an ex employee, essentially blackmailed into acknowledging Boro's and Wycombe's claims and finally top it all off by getting relegated .... but you know what? I agree with those vocal Forest, Boro, Brum fans on social media and that weird Bristol City fan who's been stalking Derby for what must be half a decade by now .... I don't think we've really been punished enough yet. 

And to top it all the yank never paid for that coat ?

2 minutes ago, David Graham Brown said:

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man
"We are programmed to receive"
"You can check-out any time you like"
"But you can never leave!"

I always quote that Hotel California lyric to my Rangers fan acquaintance ?

4 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Maybe Mel was a Forest fan... or we still have the gypsy curse

9 minutes ago, Mckram said:

I’m not talking about promotion. I’m talking about our assets left. Rooney walks that’s potentially what, £4m compensation if he was to leave us for another team like Lampard.

If Rooney stays then maybe some players sign a new deal and they’re assets. Without Rooney I can’t see anyone staying. 

Rooney could go now after he and Stretford backed CK. Compensation - probably 1 years wages £1.2 million.But a manager like Mowbray could use that to rebuild. Up to the new owners.

EFL: Hello is that Chris Kirchner? It's the EFL here or you can call me Ricky if you so desire.

KC: I'm all ears, hit me with it soccerball man. 

EFL: We have a proposition for you. Withdraw your interest in DCFC and we'll pay all your expenses thus far.

KC: Awesome dude, it's kinda interfering with my golf.

EFL: Excellent, send us your bank details and the amount required. It will appear on your statement as payment by Curly Ayresome Holdings Plc.

KC: Laters soccerball man, I'm off to work on my handicap.