The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I wonder if it’s the “referential element” that’s key to that bit? Essentially Q are saying tell us what your best offer is without any “but if so and so bids x amount then I’ll beat them by £50”.

Now that Kirchner is gone, we need one of the alleged 4/5/6 interested parties to stop hanging around and get the club bought. Ideally on the same terms CK was going to in order to avoid the -15 points deduction, if not I don’t see it as catastrophic so long as the club survives. -15 points is recoverable if we can retain Rooney, some of the squad from last year as a core and then add in some frees and loans on top. 

But the problem is CKs terms were 'over paying'. 

11 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Now that Kirchner is gone, we need one of the alleged 4/5/6 interested parties to stop hanging around and get the club bought. Ideally on the same terms CK was going to in order to avoid the -15 points deduction, if not I don’t see it as catastrophic so long as the club survives. -15 points is recoverable if we can retain Rooney, some of the squad from last year as a core and then add in some frees and loans on top. 

Not going to happen. It's going to be a race to the bottom from now on in.

Deeply suspicious that any new ownership deal will be sewn up quickly

Q have to pick a winner, and then go from there. If they achieve in days what  took well over a month with Kirchner from having his bid accepted to the deal (finally not) closing then what excuse do Q have?

28 minutes ago, Kinder said:

I just don’t get it. It seems CK never seriously intended to follow through and complete the purchase, so what on earth was he hoping to get out of this? It’s surely killed his credibility in the UK at least. What did he think he was going to achieve?

In my view ck is a follow through

20 minutes ago, Tombo said:

He was never a timewaster, it just sounds like his money was just under too much smoke and mirrors. It's possible he has made money on investments that the UK frowns upon or bans, or something along those lines. It could be that he's the front for another investor/s who is involved in nefarious means? Lots of possibilities

This is an error of the EFLs Owners and Directors Test, and Quantuma

I don't think it's right to say he was a tire-kicker. He obviously has the money, there's no way he'd have got this far otherwise. What would he have gained out of this otherwise? You'd have to be incredibly bored and have more money than sense to waste all this time and money on getting the deal sorted only to muck about at the end. It doesn't add up

Yes you cannot (without knowing the full story) entirely blame CK, but the big insitutions have to cover their own arses.. his money maybe  clean but how can he prove it? It's a logistical issue that should have been thought of by Q (mainly) and also EFL. 

Just now, Stive Pesley said:

Deeply suspicious that any new ownership deal will be sewn up quickly

Q have to pick a winner, and then go from there. If they achieve in days what  took well over a month with Kirchner from having his bid accepted to the deal (finally not) closing then what excuse do Q have?

They can get a guarantor for 12 months. They already have a deal for the stadium tied up. They will then still have  have  plenty of time to tie up a permanent deal.  But the sooner the better.

It's comforting to know we still have options, however what have these interested parties been doing for the last few days whilst CKs bid stalled? It was the perfect opportunity to swoop in and seal a deal.

This is going right to the brink now. It's either liquidation or snaffled up by a vulture. I feel physically and emotionally sick. I'm gonna pour a stiff drink to blot out the pain.