The Administration Thread

Boycie

8 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

I would allege that CK is crypto rich but cash poor and is having problems converting his Bitcoin. So Derby.

If CK is turning Crypto into cash especially £21m for this deal and into a new account then I am not surprised it has been stopped. If he already has the money in a bank account from previous crypto activity then it shouldn’t matter as the bank should have already cleared the funds going into the account.

re Nixon, it’s clear he knows the money has been stopped but he has no idea how banking is done and it dosnt help with his comments such as financial police, money not sent via bank but a central clearing house, blah blah. Absolute tosh

i have from a banking perspective been involved in transfers of this size and bigger. Unless you have had a conversation with the client before hand and seen evidence of where the money is going to and where it is coming from You would block it and ask those questions due to the number of red flags  such as new account, lots of money, overseas transfer etc

i cannot believe that CKs professional helpers didn’t speak to the bank first and provide evidence. The deal should have been set up ages ago and the AML checks completed. All that happens then is you press the button and transfer the money. 

if that wasn’t done or further red flags were found by the bank then more questions would be asked and evidence would need to be provided. If not happy the US bank would send a suspicious activity report to the FinCen which is the US department that investigates this sort of stuff.

Of course we have no idea if the bank have done this but if they have then a block would be put on CKs account until they have checked it out.

one thing that worries me is that CK (according to Nixon) tried a different route when challenged (probably through another bank or FX company) and then went back to the original route as he got the same issues.

this possibility backs up the idea that his advisers didn’t talk to the bank first to set up the deal and show evidence of source of wealth in advance. Sorry but doing that is Janet and John stuff for large transfers. Again I know how banking works but not the details of the deal, but my gut feel is that is stuck at the bank and has not been reported to the FinCen, therefore if he provides the evidence the money should be released 

7 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

5pm deadline lol, nothing will happen by then, deadlines mean nothing to us rams now, it's the derby way. Either way this goes now, it will rumble into next week. Do not beat yourselves up over, who is the new owner.Derby County must be,will be saved. Enjoy the weekend.

Yep.

The 5pm deadline is purely about the preferred bidder status. It won't make the slightest difference to us as such, unless CK's dosh is cleared before then.

37 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I will be dissapointed if CK doesn't get it over the line as he's shown that he really wants to buy us plus having Gary Cook involved was a major plus with his contacts etc

I really want to buy us , I really want to buy an Aston Martin , I really want to buy the 5,5 mill house for sale on a private estate near me , BUT

7 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

We must never forget that Curtis was the only one to come forward and show some empathy for what Rams fans are going through. My choice for future manager. But the EFL can’t let this circus go on much longer . The team are supposed to be back together in 2 weeks, we have no team.

Morning fellow Rams fans. 

The sun is shining. Let's hope the day lives up to the weather 

Apparently the EFL are "extremely disappointed". Probably not half as disappointed as we are, having seen our beloved club ravaged, past from pillar to post and mocked. 

Let's hope today is the day everything changes for the best of our wonderful club.

9 minutes ago, enachops said:

CK knew this money was required at some point soon. Why wasn’t the 20+ million transferred weeks ago to be ready and waiting for when needed? It’s incompetent and the red flags are waving for CK I’m afraid. 

I really want the CK deal to be completed and sincerely hope I’m wrong but it’s becoming fairly clear to me that it’s got nothing to do with bank holidays, the sale of the ground or money tied up in AML checks (if the latter was/is the case then it should be pretty easy for CK to prove the money has been transferred and is currently sitting with the recipient bank going through financial crime prevention checks). 

I’d love it if Q confirmed, prior to 5pm that they are satisfied (provided their “satisfaction test” is adequate of course) that the funds have been sent but, sadly, I think the 5pm deadline (not that we’ll get any sort of announcement at 5pm of course) will result in the removal of CK as PB. 

I know contracts have been exchanged and others have spoken about repercussions if that contract is broken but, it must surely have been conditional on completion by a certain date otherwise, we’re tied to CK regardless of how long it might take.

?????

7 hours ago, Red Ram said:

Trying to maintain a positive outlook is commendable but there's not much point pretending there's little or no possibility of us being liquidated just because we don't want it to happen. I think it's called 'motivated reasoning'?A successful transfer to new owners is still probably the most likely outcome, given the number of interested parties still in the mix, but the longer this drags on the more likely liquidation gets because the effective purchase cost is going up (more loans, more interest etc) and the value of what's being purchased is going down (players leaving, less of a window to recruit to mount a serious challenge next season etc)

I don't personally think the new owner will be Kirchner now but the fact that other parties are still potentially interested provides some grounds for cautious optimism.

I expect that at 17:01 CK will walk if his funds aren`t cleared.

After that it`s a race against time and the EFL now. And it`s the EFL that are my biggest fear now. They will very soon have to make a huge decision if Quantuma cannot provide assurance that the Club will be in a position to start and end the season. With a Transfer Embargo still in place, being able to guarantee a squad to fulfill fixtures is the bit that screams out at me.

1 minute ago, RipleyRich said:

I expect that at 17:01 CK will walk if his funds aren`t cleared.

After that it`s a race against time and the EFL now. And it`s the EFL that are my biggest fear now. They will very soon have to make a huge decision if Quantuma cannot provide assurance that the Club will be in a position to start and end the season. With a Transfer Embargo still in place, being able to guarantee a squad to fulfill fixtures is the bit that screams out at me.

The EFL want it sorted, we all want it sorted, Wayne needs it sorted. The deadline is needed, Q and CK need their heads banging together.

Well I am pleased there is a real timeline in the sand now - CK still the obvious favourite get it done by 5 pm today  or anyone else’s money will do basically but I don’t expect someone at 5-15 today handing over a very large bank transfer of £20 million plus other than CK 

what does make me very annoyed is the fact that a lot of these so called prospective bidders didn’t come up with their money between January and March this year because if they really wanted to own Derby County they could have and easily. The ongoing torture the supporters have had to endure is frankly unfair. 

ps if it wasn’t for Gibson at Middlesbrough this would have all been sorted a very long time ago - end of this morning thoughts 

It's just our luck that we get a crisis like this in an age when you can't just walk into a bank and pay in a cheque for £xM over the counter with few questions asked (and it wasn't that long ago)! 

I'm not even sure what to hope for now - a CK completion or a hectic rush to complete with Ashley or Morgan ?